Author Topic: Battle of Naboo Wave  (Read 62028 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Naboo Wave
« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2006, 12:33 AM »
Like the 4 new figures in this wave!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2006, 11:21 AM »
They aren't here yet, but they will be soon...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2006, 11:45 AM »
No Naboo soldier pics? Rip off...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2006, 01:17 PM »
I'm loving the Endor Reb figure more and more...

Sure the arms aren't perfect but they are better than the RFT still which is a plus.  They're passable to me but will register as a flaw on this figure.  If the coat's very pliable though they'll be better.  So I'm waiting on getting this one for judgement I guess.

The legs are perfect...  I'd love a resculpt of the POTF2 uniformed Endor Trooper some day, but this is a nice substitute for the time being.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2006, 07:32 PM »
I'm loving the Endor Reb figure more and more...

Sure the arms aren't perfect but they are better than the RFT still which is a plus.  They're passable to me but will register as a flaw on this figure.  If the coat's very pliable though they'll be better.  So I'm waiting on getting this one for judgement I guess.

The legs are perfect...  I'd love a resculpt of the POTF2 uniformed Endor Trooper some day, but this is a nice substitute for the time being.

This figure would be outstanding if it had ball jointed shoulders, elbows, and articulated wrists.  I don't know why Hasbro stopped halfway to SA on this figure.  Doesn't make sense to me.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2006, 02:39 AM »
I think it was a matter of them looking at it and saying, "but it already has articulated arms" without looking at the big picture of said articulated arms...

Which sucks for us.

The arms aren't bad though. They go neutral, they hold a rifle...  They do that which completely unarticulated arms cannot, so I rank them in terms of quality around the POTJ Imp. Officer perhaps...  Not perfect but they do well for the most part, if that makes sense.

What would've been ideal would've been Hasbro retooling the vest and the shoulders...  Make the shoulder parts of the vest solid on the arms, thus more mobile.  Sacrificing some of the looks of the vest as it is to get better poseability is acceptable to me.

SA would've been great, no doubt...  That would've been a 100% new sculpt though.  For the time being this is the best Rebel out there...  It's passable to me for this character(s) moments, but like i said I'd love a NEW sculpt (100%) of the POTF2 styled Endor Rebel then at some point...  This guy will just be great filler till (hopefully) that happens.

RFT and Hoth Rebs have solidified their holds on my MOST wanted resculpts though over this guy.  The Endor Trooper now has something I'm fairly happy with (thus far).

If the vest is really stiff, like the original, this figure will have some tough time posing though at the arms. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2006, 08:00 AM »
I'm hot and cold on this one... I like the legs, but the arms, ugh..

I'lll snag the usual dozen, do head swaps (and paint the neck post on the one) And  hold out till they bring back the Evolutions pack (if ever).

The Endor Luke in this wave is another I plan to get several of, so that the poncho can be re-issued to the other troops..

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 26, 2006, 11:28 AM »
No black guy rebel, pics?  ??? I'm excited about the Rebels the most out of the Naboo/Endor pt.II wave.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #188 on: August 26, 2006, 09:48 PM »
Where are the Luke pics?  Oh well ::)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 29, 2006, 09:32 AM »
I've been official caught up since Sunday, Im surprised these haven't hit already. New stuff usually does as soon as I'm caught up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 29, 2006, 04:47 PM »
Well, they said they'd be doing TSC until around April of next year, perhaps these will come out sometime next month.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2006, 08:29 PM »
Maybe Cody's & troopers will be warming by then. :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #192 on: August 30, 2006, 04:44 PM »
GalacticHunter had a little blurb covering who the black Endor Rebel Trooper is sculpted after...  Though, there was a black Endor Rebel Trooper with a mustache in the film as well...  The likeness there is pretty accurate.

The white "Endor" Rebel is a spot-on likeness to the Falcon Gunner Rebel cut from the film...  It's one of their better sculpts of a human actually I think.  The irony that htey can't get Harrison Ford spot-on routinely but they can nail that gunner's likeness without hardly trying.  That's funny...  and sad.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 31, 2006, 10:20 AM »
Just noticed that the headset is sculpted to the white soldiers head. Bummer. I was hoping to use that head for some customs.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #194 on: August 31, 2006, 08:58 PM »
Yeah, not a cool thing but still it's such a REALLY obscure character...  It's ok I guess.  Just an odd choice.  I guess it's the running change thing that helped them decide to make a guy cut from the film ultimately.