Author Topic: Battle of Naboo Wave  (Read 61721 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Naboo Wave
« Reply #45 on: June 2, 2006, 12:21 PM »
It finally happened. We're getting a Gi-Joe figure in a SW assortment. ;)

Nice little wave. Inexpensive for me since there are no big army builders aside from the  Gi-Joe Naboo soldier which I won't go crazy on.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 2, 2006, 01:17 PM »
Here is the new breakdown:

(47) Holo Darth MAul
(48) Obi-Wan
(50) Naboo Pilot
(51) Podracers
(52) Gragra

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: June 2, 2006, 01:18 PM »
Why does poor Dud Bolt have a styrofoam peanut attached to his head via rubber band?   ???

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 2, 2006, 01:26 PM »
Why does poor Dud Bolt have a styrofoam peanut attached to his head via rubber band?   ???

Maybe its a Cantina Han head underneath 8)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 2, 2006, 01:30 PM »
WOW! All new sculpts? Good figures with good articulation? Yay!

Gungan Senator - Awesome! It'll pegwarm big time, but it looks great. I like the staff too.

Gragra - Another amazing figure! I wish they rereleased a Jar Jar to go with her though. She'll make a good background figure.

Holo Maul - Holo fig = pass.

Naboo Guy - Why is he so big? Too GI-Joeish to me... I'll still get one though.

Podracers - Cool! They can't do much though, since we don't have their pods.

Obi-Wan - Yuck. Why is the braid painted on? They have the original TPM figure with the sculpted braid, don't they? I'll pass. How hard would it have been to repaint the ROTS Pilot Obi-Wan body and give it a TPM ball jointed Obi-Wan head?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #50 on: June 2, 2006, 01:37 PM »
WOW! All new sculpts? Good figures with good articulation? Yay!

Gungan Senator - Awesome! It'll pegwarm big time, but it looks great. I like the staff too.

Gragra - Another amazing figure! I wish they rereleased a Jar Jar to go with her though. She'll make a good background figure.

Holo Maul - Holo fig = pass.

Naboo Guy - Why is he so big? Too GI-Joeish to me... I'll still get one though.

Podracers - Cool! They can't do much though, since we don't have their pods.

Obi-Wan - Yuck. Why is the braid painted on? They have the original TPM figure with the sculpted braid, don't they? I'll pass. How hard would it have been to repaint the ROTS Pilot Obi-Wan body and give it a TPM ball jointed Obi-Wan head?

That Obi-Wan is the Soft Goods version with the "real" hair braid.

I think Dud Bolt has an ice-pack or something like that on his head from the Podrace crash.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 2, 2006, 02:01 PM »
Naboo Pilot - Disappointed with that one.  Pass

Podracers - Not the ones I would have selected but they are okay...probably get it. 

Graga - I'll get her.

Hologram Maul - Just don't like the sculpt they chose for this.  Pass

Kenobi - Pass - just not interested

Rep Been - Pretty cool I'll get that. 

Overall just not very excited for this wave. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 2, 2006, 02:18 PM »
If you look at the Kenobi figure, this isn't the same as the soft good EPI version.

The soft goods EPI version didn't have articulated hands or elbows, this one looks like it does.  But the head is definitely the same.  Looks like a custom kit-bash.

:)
« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 09:57 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #53 on: June 2, 2006, 02:22 PM »
Yep your right!... it's probably OWK (Jedi Knight) with OWK (Jedi Duel) arms.

« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 02:24 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 2, 2006, 02:44 PM »
I'm glad they are putting out some new TPM figures, because I know they've been lacking and a lot of people were hoping for some more.  I'm not personally overly excited about this wave, but the figures don't look too bad.  Depending on what the Obi-Wan ends up being, I think I might just be getting the podracers if anything.  We'll see though, it depends once I see them in person.  If nothing else is taking my money, I might be more inclined to pick up the new figures like Gragra or the Gungan.

Depending on how this is shipped though, this really looks like pegwarm city to me.  Looking at all the Geonosians, etc. on the pegs makes me think the same thing will happen to the Gungan, and maybe to the rest of this wave.  Aside from the recent ROTS push, the prequels just don't seem to sell quite as well overall.  Maybe I'm wrong, but this wave just doesn't look like its going to jump off the pegs to many people.  Hopefully it will sell better than I think though.

SilverZ

« Reply #55 on: June 2, 2006, 02:47 PM »
Wow, those are NOT good. What a kitbash nightmare of a wave. That Naboo tech looks to have Fire Speeder Pilot legs and something mutant from GI Joe for arms. The last thing we needed was another bad TPM Obi-Wan with a shoddy likeness and outdated articulation, all wrapped up in a figure sure to kill the chances of a quality resculpt any time soon. Holographic figures are becoming a bigger joke than silver painted exclusives.

The new sculpts are ok, but nothing amazing, with the possible exception of Gragra.

Thumbs down.  >:(

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 2, 2006, 02:58 PM »
Let's Speculate:

Holo Maul: I might just get this. It's plain and simple, but it's hard to pass up a decent holographic version of an already-cool figure.

Obi-Wan: Meh...I'll definitely be passing on this one.

Rep Been: Yes! Wow! This is better than I expected to be! I'm definitely getting him.

Naboo Pilot: I'm not sure on this one. I might get it, but I might not. It doesn't seem to flashy or interesting to me. It just depends on how much money I have at the time.

Pod racers: Once again, I'm not too sure. My budget will probably decide whether I get these or not.

Gragra: AGAIN, I will only be getting this if I have enough extra money. I'd much rather by 2 of the new Luke's than buy a fat lady (which is exactly why I'm not voting for Yarna).
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 2, 2006, 03:19 PM »
Holo Maul: I'll give it a transparent look
Obi Won  : ::)
Rep Been: Alright, looks good..although the case quantity dicates it will pegwarm
Yams pilot: pretty geeky :-\. The helmet looks oK if not for the sweet potato color
Pod Racers: Intrigued..what's with the bag-head?
Graga: My Fav! ;D..wondering about what Gregg said about his mouth....It does look like it's lower jaw moves! You Wanna Wupi?Looks like a hinge there on the right side of it's face!

Regardless...have to buy one of each to complete numbered line :P
« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 03:44 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #58 on: June 2, 2006, 03:26 PM »
Graga: My Fav! ;D..wondering about what Greg said about his mouth....It does look like it's lower jaw moves! You Wanna Wupi?Looks like a hing there on the right side of it's face!

Who said that about Graga's mouth?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 2, 2006, 03:34 PM »
the same guy that said this and signed it?http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=12592.msg231631#msg231631

Was it ahhh Virex?