Author Topic: Battle of Naboo Wave  (Read 61726 times)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Naboo Wave
« Reply #270 on: October 5, 2006, 09:34 PM »
I haven't found the Eboo wave at all...I need my Endor Luke! :(
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #271 on: October 5, 2006, 09:35 PM »
Still looking for these around here.  I'm just hunting for the Holo Darth Maul, so any other figures are just a bonus!  ;D

Me too, He is the only one I have not seen.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 5, 2006, 09:44 PM »
Still haven't seen this wave yet. I need that FANTASTIC Naboo Soldier. And Gragra. And Podracer 2-pack.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 6, 2006, 09:31 AM »
Still haven't seen this wave yet. I need that FANTASTIC Naboo Soldier. And Gragra. And Podracer 2-pack.

And this thermos.... ;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 6, 2006, 10:09 AM »
I need that FANTASTIC Naboo Soldier.

No you don't.
I remember my dream now.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 6, 2006, 10:17 AM »

And this thermos.... ;D

And this lamp.  And this chair.  And that's all I need!  ;D

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 9, 2006, 03:07 PM »
Finally found this wave in "full" today at WM.  A friend and I went on a lunch run and divyed up the results.  It appears that the Endor Soldier, Naboo Soldier, and Vader are double packed, while the Pod Racers, Garga, Rep Been, Darth Maul, Obi-wan, and Luke are single packed in the case we found.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #277 on: October 9, 2006, 03:22 PM »

And this thermos.... ;D

And this lamp.  And this chair.  And that's all I need!  ;D

Don't forget ****head!  ;D

Great movie.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #278 on: October 9, 2006, 03:57 PM »
The Naboo wave's still hitting sparsely in my area so I've yet to see what I really want of it...

I did manage to find Naboo dudes on 2 separate occassions, which doesn't bode well for him I'm afraid.  I also found a lone Luke on a beat to hell card, which I bought and actually I gotta say he's a great placeholder till an SA version.  I like the poncho a lot though.  The LUke's been my favorite so far of the two I have, because that Poncho is just that good...

My review of the Naboo guy will come up eventually at the site here, but my opinion didn't change a lot on it from early thoughts.  Some negatives I didn't expect though, but the sculpt certainly looks better in person as well...  There are definite drawbacks though and for no reason at all.  Whoever designed the figure seemingly has missed a lot of the last 2 years of collecting.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 9, 2006, 04:12 PM »
Naboo still hasn't hit in my area at all... Pegs are too clogged with Jerjerrods and Greatest Battles Threepios and Palps. Really want that Naboo Soldier, hope he shows up in my area.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #280 on: October 9, 2006, 04:22 PM »
I, too, have yet to see this wave... I've heard stories of it hitting locally (Wal-Mart), but my WM is so full of H&V and GB that they don't have room for anything else.   >:(

I've heard that EE has started shipping this wave (and my order status says "processing") so I guess I'll just go that route this time.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 9, 2006, 04:53 PM »
Still not much of this around here, although it must have been at our local WM recently.  I found 1x Obi-Wan and 1x Vader amongst all the Greatest Battles/Endor stuff the other day.  I really wanted the Luke and Endor Soldiers, but I did pick up the Vader.  Also of note, it seems that our WM has gotten boatloads of the Greatest Battles and Endor waves, with an endcap full of "holders" full of these waves.  I don't see them unloading those anytime soon.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 9, 2006, 11:04 PM »
FINALLY this wave hit.

I personally favor the Endor part of the wave over the Naboo part of the wave. All the Naboo wave figures are either limited in articulation or just plain boring. The Endor wave, on the other hand, is pretty cool. Luke's poncho looks nice, and the Rebel Trooper, although lacking ball-joint arm articulation, is still a great figure overall.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 10, 2006, 10:06 AM »
Is the Vader new tooling?  Or just the head and hand?

I'm too lazy to scour through 19 pages...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 10, 2006, 06:21 PM »
Is the Vader new tooling?  Or just the head and hand?

I'm too lazy to scour through 19 pages...

I'm comparing the POTJ Emperor's Wrath Version and this new version as I type this, so no doubt someone will post a much more succinct version in the time it takes me to finish. :)

HEADS:  Same mold on the outside, but seemingly different on the inside.  Whereas 2001's skull glowed in the dark, 2006's skull is painted a silver and blue metallic color with some visible wiring around the spinal column in the front. 

ARMS:  The right arms seem to be exactly the same on the outside, with the 2001 version's hand coming off in the then-de-rigeur peg in socket method.  The 2006's hand, however, comes off at the glove/gauntlet line, with the painted wires and socket underneath.  You can also see some mechanisms under the rest of the arm (the elbow joint seems to be where the detailing ends in there) on the 2006 version, whereas the 2001 version is mechanismless. :)

CHEST:  The 2001 version's chest and arms are molded in the same semitranslucent plastic as the arms and head, but the 2006 version seems to be solid black paint/plastic.

LIGHTNING!:  Where the 2001's version's lightning bolts are painted on the head in a blue tint, the 2006 version's helmet relies on the extra purple lightning bolt accessory that fits on top of the helmet.  I guess it's the difference between Vader looking like he's a biker with corny lightning painted on his helmet to show what a bad-ass he is, or Vader with a huge purple silly string wig on.  Your call. :)

Also of note is that the outer cape's right side is more "flat" rather than the curve inward at the cape base on the 2001 version.  The lightsabers are the same (as in the pre-AOTC, nonflared blade), as is the lower body.

So yeah, different skulls, a modified arm, different chest transparency levels, and a silly string hat.  Does that help or make it worse, ruiner?  :D