Collecting > Collections

The Sith's Herald's collection - 2011 Update

<< < (5/6) > >>

Siths Herald:
Time for an update...
I ended up putting the Micro Machines and Legos into storage.  My hope is to build a barn on my lot someday and then make the loft into a dioramic collection room.  As of today though, it still resides in my spare bedroom.

JesseVader08:
Very impressive display.  I think we all dream of someday having a separate building for our collections!  :D

Siths Herald:
We have started Operation Re-Arrange the House.  My kids toys have gone from dollies to ipods so they no longer need the basement toy room.  Also, my wife has complained for a while that she has to share her scrapbooking space with the family office.

I developed what I hope is a win-win scenario. 
1.  The kids lose the basement - they have another space now; not as much but more than enough
2. My collection moves to the basement - my space almost doubles; now I get my art/drafting table back as well as increased shelf space for all of the items that have been in mothballs
3. The computer moves to it's new home in my old toy room - instant office
4. My wife gets all of the old office for her hobby/side business

So this week, the move started.  Last night, I moved the last of my collection out of the old room and took down the shelves.

I filled 42 gallon bags with figures alone!!  They are safe in a low traffic area until I get new shelves built.  Finishing my room is the last priority in all of this moving, but I am motivated to get it all done now.

I'll post pics of the new space once it starts to take shape.

P-Siddy:
Glad that it works out to be a win-win for you!  I suppose that will be on my mind (a large collection display area) when we look for the new place.

JediJman:
Anxious to see what you come up with Steve!  Exciting to have the chance to both remodel your collecting space and grow it.  I'm starting over with a new space as well.  So far, I've picked up some carpeting at Menards on the cheap ($150 with a free pad).  I also snagged some cool metal shelves, @ $70 each...not too bad, except that I need about six of them total   :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version