Author Topic: NFL 2004-05  (Read 46108 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NFL Playoffs!
« Reply #165 on: January 9, 2005, 11:00 PM »

Hey everyone in Lambeau Field...Kiss my Ass, I just beeotched you again!

I don't see how this is any worse than T.O.'s Star Thing in Dallas or the Joe Horn Cell Phone, Fox and ESPN are calling for his head ::)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #166 on: January 9, 2005, 11:08 PM »
The mock "mooning" by Moss after the TD will keep the local sports radio busy ALL week long.  Tasteless or funny?  Depends on if you were wearing Green-n-Gold or Purple I guess...

Hey everyone in Lambeau Field...Kiss my Ass, I just beeotched you again!

I actually laughed out loud when he did it, and then Joe Buck acted like it was the worst thing Randy ever did.  I agree maybe it was poor sportsmanship, but it was dang funny!   ;)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2004
« Reply #167 on: January 9, 2005, 11:11 PM »

I don't think GB has really that much better a shot at winning than Minnesota, though I certainly give them the edge.  Their record isn't stellar and the beat the Vikes twice by having Minnesota gas it in the fourth, winning by 3 both times.  If, and it's a massive if, the defensive puts in half an effort and Culpepper can get his side going, Minnesota has a decent shot.  

Guess the sky was purple.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #168 on: January 9, 2005, 11:23 PM »
I really have no reason to gloat at all, I didn't think they had this in them.  I've watched enough of this team for the last 22 years to know that for the most part they choke.  They get routed and never get the breaks.

All the chips were against them and Daunte played one of the best games of his career and Favre then had to force a lot of throws and threw picks (his total M.O.) so while I was cautiously hoping and praying for this, I, in the end find this a very great upset.  Amazing...with total shades of 1987 on this as well

You probably don't remember if you aren't Vikings fans but that was the strike year and the Vikes also backed into the playoffs.  The killed New Orleans in the first game at NO and then went to SF and killed the 49ers back when they had Rice and Montana, it was an unbelievable run.  They then lost to Washington in a very close game and then Washington went on to kill Denver 42-10

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #169 on: January 9, 2005, 11:25 PM »

You can almost see him saying it..."Kiss my ass"
« Last Edit: January 9, 2005, 11:28 PM by Scott »

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #170 on: January 10, 2005, 10:45 AM »
Scott the Viking are coming to Philly next week it will be all over for them then...they are just delaying the inevitable. THey can have there moment,but now they will have to deal with a defense and offense far superior to theirs.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 10, 2005, 11:19 AM »
Scott the Viking are coming to Philly next week it will be all over for them then...they are just delaying the inevitable. THey can have there moment,but now they will have to deal with a defense and offense far superior to theirs.

I agree about the defense, but not so sure about the offense, especially if TO is out.  Potent, no doubt, but so is the Vikings offense.  Defense will be the difference, IMO and in the ever skeptical (but true Viking fashion) nature, I remain unconvinced of the ability of the Vikings D.  If they decide to show up again (the Moss factor???) then it could be interesting.  Culpepper is an awesome QB as is McNabb.  Moss, if he wants to play again next week is one of the best receivers in the league.  Bennett/Smith are fine RB's so there are lots of options on the O side.  

I wouldn't bet against Philly but I'll still cheer for the Vikings.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #172 on: January 10, 2005, 01:07 PM »
Why is it everyone seems to forget that the eagles did get to the championship game 3 years in a row without T.O. Yes T.o. is important to the offense but with Chad Lewis Greg Lewis Mitchell and Pinkston your going to see an aresenal of weapons on the field . Vikings Line backers are shallow they have two awesome rookies, but they are just that a rookies.
They over commit  and aren't good at adjusting. Philly will try to own them in the air 10-20 yds down the field.
Running Phillies line is going to step up and pucnh whole right up the middle to get the defense on it heels. Westbrook will take advantage.

Don't get me wrong I believe the Vikings will show up to play and I think it will be a good game but I think second half philly runs away with it. 

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 10, 2005, 03:41 PM »
Randy Moss is an idiot.  He never will be a class act.  It's just the way he was brought up.  Most star athletes get the same treatment.  I don't think the mooning was all that bad.  The Packer fans were doing nothing but giving him Hell the whole game.  I saw a few camera shots where it showed him jawing back, and it looked like he was pointing at the scoreboard as if to say "hey, look who is winning."  You could read his lips and tell he used much stronger language, though.  It's not like he gave them the finger.  The Fox announcers and post game reporters are all hypocrites.  They work for a trashy network that puts garbage on the air like "Joe Millionaire", "The Simple Life", Temptation Island" and "Who's Your Daddy?" and yet they have the stones to call Moss classless?  Pot, meet kettle!  They have no right to just criticize him when there are other players like Terrell Owens who act much worse.
I'm just glad to see the Vikes finally playing up to their potential.  I didn't think they had it in them.  They seem to play better when they feel the world is against them.  I hope the networks continue to criticize Randy.  It motivates him.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #174 on: January 10, 2005, 03:56 PM »
Ugh.  Pack got SPANKED, and Brett sucked much ass.  Not to mention, I've got a majorly depressed wife on my hands too...

That was just ugly.  Pretty shocked to see the Vikes actually not choke for once.  Not shocked however to see Randy Moss pull the ol' mooneroo, and for the second week in a row become the lightning rod for controversy.

Not that I minded what he did, personally.  I always get a kick out of the creativity of the touchdown celebrations, so I get a little annoyed with the NFL (and media) for trying to clamp down on them so much.

Chargers = CHOKE.  Proved their season was pretty much a fluke.

Nice to see the Colts dominate though.  Peyton just won his second straight MVP, btw.  Would've been a unanimous choice, had one of the dumb**** AP morons not voted for Michael Vick...   ::)

Anyway, looking forward to a Rams/Colts Superbowl now!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 03:59 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #175 on: January 10, 2005, 04:23 PM »
jedimac disillussioned as to who's going to be in the superbowl steelers and eagles. Battle of the commonwealth.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #176 on: January 10, 2005, 09:58 PM »
West meets East, and West will cremate the opposition of course.  ;D

BTW, ESPN and Fox are combined to make the worst sports-casting of all time in any sport.  Fox ruined any NHL coverage it ever had, and ESPN ruins any coverage of anything it has.

I dont' know anyone in Pittsburgh who wasn't trying to coordinate their radios to their TV's on that last ESPN hosted game the Steelers had (forget who we even played...  I was out X-Mas shopping I think).  They're attrocious on all levels.  Probably worried about FCC fines because of the "mooning".

it was an ass malfunction maybe.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2005, 01:56 PM »
While I don't think the Vikes have much of a shot in beating the Eagles, I actually like their chances more than against the Packers.  There's just something about resting your guys for a month before a real game that smacks of idiocy.  I can see a week, give them the second half off etc but to sit them for two weeks and a bye, I think they may be rusty

Moss's ankle is also a concern to me, he says he'll play but it might not be pretty.  Philly's D is as good as any of the other AFC's teams which is why they have to be the favorites.  It should be a fun game and I'm more than gleeful to actually be cheering for my team on another weekend :)

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2005, 02:32 PM »
oh you poor soul you are in for a world of hurt on Sunday. Smack down Philly style 

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2005, 04:55 PM »
Um...you guys are talking about the same, lame Eagles offense that without T.O. could only hang 12 points on the worst defense the Cowboys ever fielded. 12 points. The Vikings defense is a little better than the Cowboys, and their offense is ALOT better than the Eagles minus T.O.

Look for the Vikings to handle that Eagles offense fairly easily.