Author Topic: NFL 2004-05  (Read 46171 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Playoffs!
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2005, 09:06 PM »
I'm truly amazed at how much press on talk on ESPN Radio the Randy Moss thing got.  ESPN didn't help matters by deciding not to show it on SportsCenter and Joe Buck completely over-reacted.  A lot of people were under the impression that Moss actually dropped his pants and bare assed the crowd!  Ridiculous.  Tony Dungy during his press conference said that Pack fans are notorious for mooning the opposing team bus as it leaves Lambeau after Packers wins, so he thought it was humorous and understood the move.

Offline Redhawk

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2005, 11:58 PM »
The eagles suck and infamy of create is going to eat his words!  :P

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2005, 07:45 AM »
I'm truly amazed at how much press on talk on ESPN Radio the Randy Moss thing got. 

Agreed.  Think about it, it's Moss.  Why is anything he does shocking?  It's almost expected from him.  If it was Manning, Brady, Rice, etc., I could see the brew-ha-ha.  Not with Moss.

Dungy called it humorous.  The same Dungy who was all up in arms regarding the TO - Nicolette Sheridan MNF skit and called it a disgrace?  ::)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2005, 11:17 AM »
He did it because the Green Bay fans always moon the other team's bus on their way into the stadium. They've been doing that since man discovered fire. He just gave them a little back. The fact that this has created so much outrage is quite humorous to me. The fans actually show their asses when they moon the team bus, Moss didn't.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2005, 02:50 PM »
And God knows the last thing anyone should have to look at is the bare butt of a Packer fan.  ;)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2005, 09:40 PM »
He did it because the Green Bay fans always moon the other team's bus on their way into the stadium. They've been doing that since man discovered fire. He just gave them a little back. The fact that this has created so much outrage is quite humorous to me. The fans actually show their asses when they moon the team bus, Moss didn't.

Didn't read my post eh?

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2005, 03:15 PM »
I was simply reiterating your point...  :-*

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2005, 05:45 PM »
Great Article on MOONGATE 2005

My favorite part:

"It's unfortunate that it takes a mountain of criticism to bring out the best in Moss. But when Moss' best is on display, we shouldn't look for an easy excuse to ignore it. Or was that even what we were trying to ignore in the first place? Were we really looking for an excuse to ignore Brett Favre's choke job?

The networks' favorite folk hero tossed four interceptions that afternoon.
But no one has talked much about that, because we've all wasted our week talking about Randy Moss' rear end"

My point from the get-go!

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2005, 08:39 PM »
Anyway, looking forward to a Rams/Colts Superbowl now!

Now that would be a GREAT game(well, the SLR half anyways) ;D.

jedimac disillussioned as to who's going to be in the superbowl

Now, now now...no poking fun of the pink boy just because he's got half the bowl correct (I'll go with the Steelers for the AFC though).
Beth

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2005, 09:31 PM »
I don't usually mix my Star Wars and Steelers lives, but I just gotta post it...

WOOHOO!!!!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2005, 09:36 PM »
Man did they get lucky.  I learned 3 years ago that Doug Brien is the biggest stiff kicker in Football when he missed 2 Extra Points in consecutive games to lose 2 games for the Vikes...nice choke Doug

Nice win for the Steelers too, I can't wait for the AFC Championship.

Good game too right now betwixt the Lambs and the Birds

I'm nowhere near as nervous as I was last week tonight.  Last week I knew there was a chance they could win and I didn't want them to lose.  With last week over, this week is all gravy to me.  I want a Vikes W but playing on the road again, outdoors, in the cold against the best team in the NFC (even with question marks) I don't think they can win and I don't expect them to. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2005, 10:28 PM »
Holy ****...

Plain and simple...  I'm still coming down from this one today.  The Steelers had all the numbers, and other than Ben deciding to play his worst game of the season today, the Steelers were pretty good...  2 int's, a fumble, and a special teams flop usually equal loss but our D was coming through pretty well all night and our running game was unstoppable.

I just wish they'd alternated Bettis and Staley earlier in the game rather than trying to rely on Bettis early. 

Ben's game had been on, and this wouldn't have been vaguely the same game as it was...  I'm feeling like crud though now after being out drinking last night and now spending an entire evening so tense I wanted to vomit.

And with that...  Here's to next week.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2005, 11:09 PM »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2005, 04:16 PM »
 :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2005, 04:23 PM »
Redhawk, Morburg, and all the other nasayers let me make it clear to you,since I'm not a humble person I TOLD YOU SO!

Terrel Owens is part of the offense he is not the Offense...so anyone want to make bets on the Falcons running game being shut down by the Eagles next week....I will!!!

Oh for the record I also mentioned that Eagles would man handle the Vikes 15 yards down the field that's exctly what they did nextweek expect the ball deep ....a lot.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 04:26 PM by Infamy Of Crete »