Author Topic: NFL 2004-05  (Read 45823 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl XXXIX New England vs Philadelphia
« Reply #210 on: January 24, 2005, 12:37 AM »
Even though they won today, it doesn't dampen my fond memories of watching Ronde Barber's back as he ran 90+ yards for the TD a few years ago.  And it doesn't dampen my fond memories of the Bolts/Flyers series a year ago.

Lucky Eagles - they finally get past their own mediocrity largely due to the fact that the NFC was so completely weak this year and get the honor of being the Patriots whipping boys in Jacksonville.

It's nothing to get excited about.  It's just going to set Philly fans up for more disappointment.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 24, 2005, 12:44 AM »

It's nothing to get excited about.  It's just going to set Philly fans up for more disappointment.

Amen! I may hate the thought of the Patriots winning another ring, but the joy it'll bring my heart seeing the Eagles come so close just to fall short again will be worth it.

Get ready IOC, Super Bowl Sunday is gonna be one ugly day for Eagles fans.

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #212 on: January 24, 2005, 08:20 AM »
Do you hate the eagles because your teams doesn't even get close to the superbowl or do you not like the eagles because they have been to the cahmpionship game 3 times. Either way you come off petty(no less than me anyway)

First you all bitched aww they'll never make it without T.O. then you bitched because they were talking about T.O.  T.O. Will be in the superbowl....and once again I think the patriots are strong....but the one thing you all miss about the Eagles is these guys love to play football it is a game to them it's not a business it's about the sport and the fans...win or lose it's brings back fun to the game. I'm sorry you haven't been a philly fan all your life to understand the passion the fans have for their team, it's not like anything else you have expereinced (you hear about the negative).

You can say the Eagles didn't choke or this or that but you know what your team isn't there this year mine is ....I'm enjoying maybe your team will be there next year so you can enjoy it.     

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 24, 2005, 08:53 AM »
Ah, nirvana.  My dream SB match up has finally happened.  About ******* time. 

Plus to make it sweeter, I'm about to win $240 from my wife's pick em pool.  Went 4 for 4 yesterday, picking spreads and over/under.  I think I'm far enough ahead, that is no need to pick the SB.  Now I can just sit back, host the party, enjoy watching the game on my new theater set up and get blitzed.  Great stuff  ;D
Common sense isn't so common

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 24, 2005, 10:11 AM »
Do you hate the eagles because your teams doesn't even get close to the superbowl or do you not like the eagles because they have been to the cahmpionship game 3 times. Either way you come off petty(no less than me anyway)

I actually don't hate the Eagles at all, I just have little respect for some of their fans (such as you) who should be extremely humble after having failed so many times before, but instead act like they've won the past three Super Bowls.

Why don't you take a hint from how Mikey acts with his Patriots and show a little respect, and maybe, just maybe, you'll get some in return.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 24, 2005, 10:26 AM »

No no, I hate the Eagles because while my Bucs were on their way to throttling them in their own stadium in the 2002 NFCC game, Eagle fans in the stands were asking Bucs WR Joe Jurevicous where his son was and why his son hadn't made it to the game.

His infant son, who had died days earlier. 

It's not the team, it's the city and it's fans.  Hell I like Andy Reid and I like Donovan McNabb, but I'm not going to root for a team who needed a courthouse in their stadium to expedite the proseuction of a bunch of battery throwing knuckleheads.  Finally getting to the Superbowl is nice and all - but there's no way the Eagles will win it.  Which will make it all the more fun to watch.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 24, 2005, 10:35 AM »

Roethlisberger's gonna take a lot of the heat, and that isn't fair considering our pass coverage was non-existant tonight (Brady had his pick of downfield throws it seemed), and a lot of the plays were botched at times by receivers.

Roethlisberger did fine for a rookie.  Seriously, for a rookie QB to get his team that far is quite an achievement.  Pittsburgh was really built on running the ball, and the receivers didn't get that much love this year.  It'll be interesting to see how the Steelers retool for next year.

Now since I have no love for the Eagles (Giants fan here), GO PATS!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #217 on: January 24, 2005, 03:23 PM »

No no, I hate the Eagles because while my Bucs were on their way to throttling them in their own stadium in the 2002 NFCC game, Eagle fans in the stands were asking Bucs WR Joe Jurevicous where his son was and why his son hadn't made it to the game.

His infant son, who had died days earlier. 

It's not the team, it's the city and it's fans.  Hell I like Andy Reid and I like Donovan McNabb, but I'm not going to root for a team who needed a courthouse in their stadium to expedite the proseuction of a bunch of battery throwing knuckleheads.  Finally getting to the Superbowl is nice and all - but there's no way the Eagles will win it.  Which will make it all the more fun to watch.

Stop it, your making miss home now. AS for the Eagles not winning Guess what Tampa bay wouldn't be anything with out John Gruden who by the way was the Eagles offensive coordinator back in the mid 90's You can have our throw out we're done with them. :)
Pats are a good team I will give you that. I am nervous that the Eagles may infact lose,but you know what I have something to celebrate this year unfortuantley you don't. 

As for the fans I'm an Eagles fan You may think what you like, but you should probably meet me first before you cast judgement unlike others on this board who believe I asm ehat I am. I know I act like an Ass everyone expects it from me at least the "old timers" and it comes easily to me somepeople are just born to be an ass .I guess everyone has their calling in life.

JJKS
Why should I be humbled? a team that made it to the championship three times is a great team. A team that makes it to the superbowl is a great team....I still think the Steelers did a great job this year despite the rookie mistakes Rothelisberger made yesterday and last week. If I'm correct hasn't the Steelers, Buffalo, Dallas, Miami, NE all been in the same position going to the championship on many occassions and not making it(not consecutive years). I think maybe your definition of what great has to be tweaked either that or just maybe come to realize your team you route for will never make you happy.  Unless, your a fair whetherd fan who is now on the NE ban wagon. good luck with that negative energy thing I hope it works out for you.  :)

JJKS

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NFL Playoffs!
« Reply #218 on: January 24, 2005, 04:05 PM »
Go Steelers!!!   :P

G'damn!  ****** playoffs so far for any team I'm even remotely rooting for.  My Rams got waxed.  My wife's Packers got spanked.  Chargers choked.  And the Colts got beeotched.  That leaves... the Steelers!

By all means, root for the patriots then.   ::)  :P

Sorry I jinxed your boys there, Jess...   :-\

Couple more crappy, uncompetitive games yesterday.  Playoffs this year have been a snore.  As much as I despise the Pats (since they won their first Super Bowl after technically losing to the Raiders two games prior in the "Snow Job" game), I'm really rather starting to respect them and their coach.  They aren't the typical fancy, big name, showboating team of superstar players that so many others are in this league.  They just go out and get it done every week.  Man, they're tough.  Just no way I see the Eagles cracking that, and pulling out a W in a couple of weeks.  The Pats are very much like the Spurs in the NBA, IMO.  Dominant.  Winners.  Champions.  But just not too terribly exciting, so a lot of folks don't get to overly thrilled for them when they win.  But I'm digging Brady more and more, especially when he's got that cool beard and doesn't look like some pretty boy surfer kid from SoCal.  Looks more like a football player now!   ;)

I could stomach an Eagles win, as long as T.O. doesn't get in the game.  He's fun and amusing to watch, but he's a serious idiot too, so I'd rather not see him get any "Champion" type of recognition.  I think it would eat him alive if they won it all without him in the lineup.

Either way, this is a Superbowl I'm not terribly interested in.  But there are some serious stakes on the line, namely winning #3 and getting that "Dynasty" tag for the Pats.  Most likely gonna happen.

I'll mostly be looking forward to the beer, snacks, and commercials!   :P
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 04:06 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 24, 2005, 04:24 PM »
I am nervous that the Eagles may infact lose,but you know what I have something to celebrate this year unfortuantley you don't. 

I'd rather be at home polishing a 2 year old Lombardi than setting myself up for another near miss.  We've also got the defending Stanley Cup champs - who went right through the Flyers to get there. 

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 24, 2005, 05:10 PM »
JJKS
Why should I be humbled?

Can't believe this actually needs to be explained, but you should be humbled because your team hasn't been able to get it done when it matters for three years in a row! Congrats are definitely in order for finally getting over that hump, but try having an ounce of humility when you raise that NFC trophy. McNabb did, and guess what, I respect him more for it. I guess that was too much to ask to trickle down to the Eagles fans.

Not sure why you keep bringing up the team I routeroot for not making me happy, because I've never once alluded to that. The Titans had an off year no doubt, but by no means does that make me any less of a fan. I love 'em when they suck, and I'll love 'em when they're back on top. I'm just happy to have a team period.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 24, 2005, 05:16 PM »
  ...unlike others on this board who believe I asm ehat I am.

I know that being an "ass" is part of your internet schick, as is your complete disregard for properly handling a keyboard, but even I (and I say this because we go back) need some help translating this one!

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #222 on: January 24, 2005, 05:53 PM »
THat ok I need help translating that mess too. That was just a nod to Panaka I guess.  ;D

"who believe I am what  I am" .

seriously,  I'm typing much faster these days as I am writing more and more papers for my thesis. Which is by the way revolves around deviant behavior,(you know, why I do the things I do).  I don't have as much time as I once did but damnit I miss messing around with you guys.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 05:54 PM by Infamy Of Crete »

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 24, 2005, 06:14 PM »
We are the last of a dying breed aren't we?  ;D

I popped into GH a few weeks ago to try to talk some sense into Scoundrel, but he'd have none of that!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender