Author Topic: NFL 2004-05  (Read 45925 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2004
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2004, 01:00 AM »
That was just awesome!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2004, 02:14 AM »
Has anyone seen this one yet?

http://www.buccaneers.com/index.html

Head on over to the Buc's website and watch the intro...

:)

Jeff

Neat!  8)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2004, 10:37 PM »
Anyone see how my GIANTS whooped those Plowboys into submission? ;D ;D ;D

It's a good year to be a fan of the BIG BLUE! :D

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2004, 12:32 AM »
I sure hope Dave caught that absolutely sick comeback and win by my Rams over his choking Seahawks this afternoon!   8)  Down 17 with just over 5 minutes to go in the game, and we came all the way back to force OT, and then polished 'em off when we got there.  Looks like there's life left in the Rams offense still!

Unfortunately, the Silver and Black got waxed by the Colts though.  Not looking so good anymore with Kerry Collins at the helm.  Deep trouble for them.  Season's slipping away...   :-\
« Last Edit: October 11, 2004, 12:34 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2004, 11:00 PM »
That had to be the worst reffing I have ever seen in a half of football tonight, all of those calls went for the Packers too ::)  At least they are getting waxed (again) at home (again) 8)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2004, 11:07 AM »
Hmm, I'd sure love to see the GIANTS play at the Superbowl! Especialy after a ****** pre-season.

I'd dye my chicken wings blue for that event.

Kevin

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2004, 02:17 PM »
Was just reading through the "NFL Power Rankings" over at ESPN, and they had a blurb with the Vikings that Daunte Culpepper is currently on pace for 5,364 yards, 52 Touchdown Passes, and 4 Interceptions.  Unbelievable.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2004, 02:24 PM »
Was just reading through the "NFL Power Rankings" over at ESPN, and they had a blurb with the Vikings that Daunte Culpepper is currently on pace for 5,364 yards, 52 Touchdown Passes, and 4 Interceptions.  Unbelievable.

And 32 fumbles :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2004, 09:29 AM »
Man the Vikes pasted the Saints last night.  Culpepper has been nuclear all year and last night was an almost identical game to the one he had last week against the Texans.  They put up 600 yards of offense and scored 38 points and looked unstoppable

Moss pulled a hammy though...didn't matter in the end as Culpepper found Robinson and Burleson the rest of the game and their running game was amazing as well.  Plus they get Michael Bennett back next week, should be fun for the rest of the year

One downer, their damn defense is pathetic...again.  I was hopeful at the beginning of the year with the new coordinator and new talent things would be different.  Injuries at linebacker have not helped but they can't stop anyone and that for sure means no Super Bowl chance...Playoffs...yeah, no chance though for the whole thing.  That's what makes the Eagles scary, great offense and defense

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2004, 09:45 AM »
Yeah, I got a chance to watch the Vikes a bit last night too...and boy, if they had a little better defense, they'd be downright scary.  That said, Culpepper is unbelievable.  He has always been good, and shown the talent, but so far this year he has been just about perfect.  He is having a fantastic season, and I was really impressed with what I saw of him last night.  He can throw that long ball almost effortlessly it seems.  Helps having Randy Moss, but still, he has some nice throws.  Heck of a QB.

I'm happy to see the Broncos doing pretty well so far, always been a fan.  I wasn't sure what to expect this year.  Equally happy with the success of Reuben Droughns, hopefully it continues.  From what I have heard, he is a very nice, genuine person, and I always like to hear of professional athletes with that attitude, and to see them succeed.

Patriots train keeps on chugging.  Should be a nice matchup next week of 5-0 teams with New England vs. the Jets.  They just find a way to win.  Should be an interesting year in the NFL, lots of strong teams out there so far.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2004, 03:31 AM »
Hey Dave -
Now that you've finally rejoined the land of the living, I'd appreciate it if you updated that WRONG Seahawks record under your avatar there bud.  In case you missed it, my Rams came back from like 17 down in the last 5 minutes of the game in Seattle two weekends ago, and then spanked you fools in OT.  So stop freakin' pretending like you assclowns are still undefeated!   >:(

BTW, real classy of Jerry Rice to take Steve Largent's RETIRED jersey there.  That's totally weak.   ::)

Have I mentioned that my Raiders suck ass?!  Sheesh.  They're BAD.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2004, 07:38 AM »

Have I mentioned that my Raiders suck ass?!  Sheesh.  They're BAD.

**** Matt, I've been telling you that for three years.  I'm glad your finally able to admit it. ;)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2004, 11:15 AM »
It's make it or break for the Packers' and Cowboys' seasons this weekend. Should be a good game. They've both been underwhelming teams this season, but this will be a good game.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2004, 11:56 AM »
So, how are the GIANTS doing? I haven't been inside the house when the news reports are on. Been in the shop with no radio.

Kevin

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2004, 11:24 PM »
Giants Lost
Seahawks Lost
Rams Lost (I'd be embarrased to root for them)
Cowboys Lost
Pack Won :-[
Lions Won :-[
Vikes Crushed ;D 5-1 Baby, right now the clear #2 team in the NFC.  I'll start believing when they do the same in December