Author Topic: NFL 2004-05  (Read 45937 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2004
« Reply #150 on: January 7, 2005, 12:00 AM »
Yeah, don't feel bad, my Hawks are pretty much in the same predicament. Everyone was pumping them to be the next Super Bowl champs before they played a friggin game, and they just proved that the "experts" out there don't know a damn thing.

I remember reading before the season began that The Sporting News had picked the Super Bowl to be Denver vs. Seattle. Yeah, both teams made it to the playoffs, but if either team can make it out of round 1, I'll be shocked. On paper, the Hawks should be able to beat St. Louis, but after witnessing what I witnessed in the two meetings already this season, I'm not getting my hopes up. And Denver vs. Manning & the Colts? Not a chance.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #151 on: January 7, 2005, 12:08 AM »
I keep thinking of the game 2 years ago where Atlanta came in and killed the Pack when it was like 20 below...God, I hope they win :-\

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 7, 2005, 01:16 PM »
Anyone want to bid on a pair of Randy Moss used socks?  ::)

A steal at this price

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NFL Playoffs!
« Reply #153 on: January 8, 2005, 08:24 PM »
Third time's a charm...  Sorry Dave!   :-*

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #154 on: January 8, 2005, 09:15 PM »
How poetic that the game ended on a dropped pass ::)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 8, 2005, 09:35 PM »
I think Seattle should put a protest in with the league for this game. The penalties called against them were atrocious. And there were numerous times where penalties should have been called against St. Louis that weren't.

I'll bet Matt Hasselback is one frustrated QB right now though. Guy played a hell of a game, and none of his receivers could hold on to the ball. How do you have a receiver sitting on your bench who is quite possibly the greatest receiver of all time (granted, that was in his younger years, but still) and holds every record for receivers - playoff and regular season - and you don't throw to him one time during the game? Not once did they throw a pass to Jerry Rice. I know he's older than the other recievers and all that, but at least he could probably have held onto the ball, at least once.

That was a game that the 'Hawks deserved to lose. They couldn't have played any worse, if you ask me. The defense is horrible. I think just about every game they played this season, with the exception of one or two, they had a lead either going into the fourth quarter or took the lead early in the fourth quarter (like they did today) and then the defense just falls apart.

I haven't even received my Playoff/Western Division champs merchandise that I ordered yet, and now I don't even want it. They suck.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 9, 2005, 02:30 PM »
Colts are eating the Broncos alive right now.  28-3 in the second quarter.  Chargers rookie kicker ended his own career last night :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 9, 2005, 04:23 PM »
Colts baby!!  Now it's time for revenge on the Pats!

Sad to see the Chargers fall after such an incredible comeback and fitting that Seattle's season ends on a dropped pass.  That team sucks and I totally see Shaun Alexander bouncing out of town. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #158 on: January 9, 2005, 07:47 PM »

Stick it right up your cocky ass Farve

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 9, 2005, 07:53 PM »

You're kidding right?  Favre is one of the classiest athletes in the world.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: January 9, 2005, 08:54 PM »

They were:

On the road...  :o

Outside a dome... :o

In the cold... :o

In the playoffs...  :o

And still pulled off a huge upset?  What a game! ;D

Where was that Defense all year?!?  Three picks were BIG, as was the Offense.  Better luck next year, Pack!

Jeff

ps.
The mock "mooning" by Moss after the TD will keep the local sports radio busy ALL week long.  Tasteless or funny?  Depends on if you were wearing Green-n-Gold or Purple I guess...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #161 on: January 9, 2005, 09:08 PM »

No I am not kidding, the dude runs up and sticks his mug in Defenders faces more than any QB in Football.  Since the Defense won them a Super Bowl and then they got their asses kicked the next year he has been average at best.  Still the media and casual NFL fan thinks he's the greatest QB in the league right now...there's about 12 I'd rather have than good old Interception Beth

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 9, 2005, 09:21 PM »
fitting that Seattle's season ends on a dropped pass.  That team sucks and I totally see Shaun Alexander bouncing out of town. 

God, I hope not. I would love to see the Hawks just dump their entire receiving core and start from scratch. I think Hasselbeck has the goods to take a team to the big game, as long as he's got some guys that can hang onto the ball. Look at his stats for this year:

279/474 for 3382 yards. That's a 58.9% completion percentage. Taking into account that the receivers dropped at least 35% of the passes thrown to them this year (and that's a conservative estimate, IMO) you would have to think that he could have easily had a completion percentage closer to 75 - 80% and closer to 4000 yards. Keeping Alexander in Seattle is going to have to be a main priority for them this off season, and finding some new receivers has to be a close second.

Of course, beefing up the D is going to be another huge priority. The defense just completely sucks ass.

With a beefed up D, keeping Alexander and a few receivers who can actually catch, I could see them going places next year.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 9, 2005, 10:18 PM »

No I am not kidding, the dude runs up and sticks his mug in Defenders faces more than any QB in Football.  Since the Defense won them a Super Bowl and then they got their asses kicked the next year he has been average at best.  Still the media and casual NFL fan thinks he's the greatest QB in the league right now...there's about 12 I'd rather have than good old Interception Beth

Funny, I don't see that and I always watch Packers games.  Maybe he just does it against your beloved Vikes and that makes him an even bigger enemy.  The guy is one of the classiest athletes and is a for sure HOFer. 

And I'll take my boy Peyton any day over Brett by the way.   ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #164 on: January 9, 2005, 10:30 PM »
Maybe that's what it is, I only see him play against us and on Monday night, he's done more than his fair share of taunting

I could go on forever...I can say he's a great competitor and is tough as nails but he makes way too many mistakes especially in big games for me to ever say he's still and elite Quarterback and he hasn't been for at least 5 years now.  National Media will kiss his ass every chance they get, however.  Such as...NFL Channel was showing the Press Conferences after the game, they actually cut away from Daunte and went to Brett's to hear about why he threw 4 picks in the game.