Author Topic: NFL 2006-07  (Read 56811 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2006-07
« Reply #135 on: November 6, 2006, 04:03 PM »
All of Miami's points (all 28 of 'em) were off of Chicago turnovers.

It's a taste of their own medicine actually....I looked at alot of Chicago's blowout wins and most of their points came off turnovers created by the D. This time a team reversed fortune on them for once. I agree though..that QB throwing off his back leg didn't  look good.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #136 on: November 6, 2006, 04:06 PM »
Time to find a new favorite team!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #137 on: November 6, 2006, 10:15 PM »
Hmmm, I don't know what the plan is...  I guess we'll see how they flub it up or step it up, but at this point I'm focused on hockey and football's just getting a passing glance from me...  I don't mind the losses, honestly.  I of course hate to see them lose but at the end of the day I realize I spent up all my nerves last season and they went to the superbowl and won it...  I'm not going to worry about it now. :)  Even if they pull off some miracle and manage wins the rest of the way, I really don't even care. 

The Pens are doing well, the Steelers suck.  I guess we just can't have two teams going well at one time around here. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 7, 2006, 10:57 AM »
Time to find a new favorite team!

Just curious....Are you thinking out loud to yourself? I thought you didn't have a favorite team initially? So, are you finding a new favorite team or an initial favorite team? Well, who did you pick for a team?

Hmmm, I don't know what the plan is... I guess we'll see how they flub it up or step it up, but at this point I'm focused on hockey and football's just getting a passing glance from me... I don't mind the losses, honestly. I of course hate to see them lose but at the end of the day I realize I spent up all my nerves last season and they went to the superbowl and won it... I'm not going to worry about it now. :) Even if they pull off some miracle and manage wins the rest of the way, I really don't even care.

I like your attitude towards it, that's a good eway to look at it..GJ Jesse!

On the Mon night game--

It really SUCKED, on further review- the raiders SUCK STILL.
Seeing that the Raiders have failed to score in their last 2 Mon night games and how bad they suck...I just wonder..since their mystique is gone, how do they keep getting Mon football berths? I thought teams were awarded Mon football berths by them being good teams or special storylines, division rivalries, brother vs brother ect. I saw no story or excitement for this game whatsoever..and rightfully(thankfully?) so it sucked. Perhaps if enough Monday night games are sucking this year and they start losing ratings then maybe the decision making process for picking teams to play in it will change? That would be nice from my point of view, literally.

I don't buy into the argument that the Raiders have alot of fans either and that teams with alot of fan following continue to get Mon night berths regardless of how bad they suck. My team has alot of nationwide fans AND they suck but no berths?! That excuse falls into the doesn't-follow-fallacy so I don't buy it. I think the football schedulers should..choose more wisely.

THE DS   
« Last Edit: November 7, 2006, 11:00 AM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #139 on: November 7, 2006, 03:48 PM »
I thought teams were awarded Mon football berths by them being good teams or special storylines, division rivalries, brother vs brother ect. I saw no story or excitement for this game whatsoever..and rightfully(thankfully?) so it sucked.

Well they were former division rivals, but I think it is fair to say that no longer really matters. Most of the players from those days are gone, so any real rivalry between the two has gone out the window.

I do rather enjoy seeing the Raiders suck so much though. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 7, 2006, 04:40 PM »
I have to admit ...years ago I actually liked them...the Plunkett, Stabler years..then, they moved to LA developed more of a attitude and I hated them ever since..EVEN when they moved back to the bay area. It was easier for me When they moved to LA(I started disliking them) since I was young and was occasionally finding it difficult to follow both San Fran
AND Oakland.

OPINION

Have to admit though LA area fans for football overall have to suck (for not doing more to keep their teams/owners here and happy). There appears to be more Raiders fan following down here than anywhere I've been in the US. Maybe I'm missing something..but where were all their voices when Al Davis asked for their support?! Why was there so much silence by the city when Al decided to take his team back north? Or, more legitimately a Q..how can a metro area of multimillions in population suck so bad as to not have(or keep ::)) even 1 NFL team?

I guess what I think is a joke is all the Rams/Raiders fans left behind here that didn't dump there teams when they left. I guess I just don't understand it. I CAN get staying by your original hometown team and continuing to be said fan(me) wherever you move but not when a team does-- don't get that at all especially over the years when all the players, coaches have gone..there's no continuity except maybe an owner that took 'your' team away from you. At least
a team that never moved is still THERE and you have something; never had to change a city name or anything like that.

*and I don't consider anybody who discovers a new team to be a 'bandwagoner' if their prior team moved away either.

OPINION 

The DS

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 8, 2006, 08:44 AM »
Week 10 maps

CBS single game

Fox doubleheader
Game 1

Game 2
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #142 on: November 9, 2006, 07:25 PM »
It appears that the San Fransicso 49ers are being relocated, granted it is only to Santa Clara, but they have been moved nevertheless.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2006, 04:10 AM »
It's also several years away ::)

..and only a matter of minutes down the freeway

On a radio show today they talked about keeping their name San Francisco still as well.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2006, 07:43 AM »

On a radio show today they talked about keeping their name San Francisco still as well.

Nah, it'll be The San Francisco 49ers of Santa Clara.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2006, 12:47 PM »
 :)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2006, 06:12 PM »
Alright Niners..we actually have a winning streak this season  ;D!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2006, 01:47 AM »
Steelers won, Pens are on a skid...  I swear we're not allowed by god or someone to have 2 winning teams in this city at the same time.  It's insane.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2006, 02:15 PM »
I was pretty happy with the Bears win on Sunday against the Giants.  They definitely have the inside track to homefield advantage.  That is unless they start losing to teams like the Jets and Packers.  Which would not suprise me really.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2006, 02:38 PM »
Week 11 maps

CBS Doubleheader
Game 1

Game 2

Fox Single game