Author Topic: NFL 2006-07  (Read 56881 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2006-07
« Reply #180 on: January 4, 2007, 08:55 PM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #181 on: January 4, 2007, 09:05 PM »
Yeah, the end of an era for sure but I think the Steelers wouldn't have won the super bowl last year without Ken Whisenhunt anyway so I'm expecting him to take over personally...  I think he's the top pick right now, but you never know. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: January 6, 2007, 02:32 AM »
I think Grimm's gonna be gone too and he's really a great O-Line coach given what he was putting together every year here, even this year when things were bleak at times.  The guy I think is gonna take over is Whisenhunt...  Even looks like a young Cowher. :)

There's been a lot of speculation about why he's wanting to leave, considering he grew up in Pittsburgh and everything...  He lived in a nice community out sorta my way, very upper scale (of course, what else would he do I guess?), and a lot of people have the same theory that it was his wife's pressure actually to leave the city...  I agree with that.   Pittsburgh's a town that, if you can't deal with the atmosphere around here, you can't be happy living here...  They were separated for a time, and then when they were back together it seemed like that was when the whole negotiation on extensions and things were dead in the water...  Then of course the house down South, and his family up and moving for the Carolina's while he was here coaching the Steelers...  Seems like he wants to coach still in the NFL, and his relationship with the Steelers is outstanding by all accounts too, so I can't see any reason to leave except maybe some pressure to get out of this town...

If you can't take ****** ugly winters, and a smaller city atmosphere, it's a tough place to live I guess.  I dunno, that's just speculation of course.  If Whisenhunt's the coach, I'd be happy considering if it weren't for him I don't think they would've won the Super Bowl last season.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 6, 2007, 08:53 AM »
Might as well take a crack at Round 1 here:

Chiefs over Colts

Cowboys over Seahawks

Patriots over Jets

Giants over Eagles

:)

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 6, 2007, 01:17 PM »
Might as well take a crack at Round 1 here:

Chiefs over Colts

Cowboys over Seahawks

Patriots over Jets

Giants over Eagles

:)

Chiefs over Colts

Seahawks over Cowboys

Patriots over Jets

Eagles over Giants

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 6, 2007, 01:29 PM »

Chiefs over Colts

Seahawks over Cowboys

Patriots over Jets

Eagles over Giants

Bingo.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #187 on: January 6, 2007, 03:44 PM »
Colts
Patriots
Eagles
Cowboys

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 6, 2007, 04:52 PM »
5 minutes into the Indy game I'm changing my mind.  The Colts look like they came to shut everyone up about their run defense.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 6, 2007, 07:08 PM »
Well, that's a real hoot.  One of the worst run defenses stops one of the top running backs.

This is why I don't bet money.

EDIT:  Game over.  Chiefs are done.  Larry Johnson: 13 carries for 32 yards  :o  That was about the least likely thing that could have happened.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2007, 07:37 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #190 on: January 6, 2007, 08:36 PM »
Why?  Road teams in Domes in the Playoffs rarely win.  Indy has been there the last 5-6 years and probably knows how to prepare a little better than the Chiefs did...

Peyton Manning though...what the **** happens to him in the playoffs?  Wow, he just sucks ass.  Should be fun watching him play the Ravens D ::)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 6, 2007, 08:50 PM »
Why? 

Because they haven't been able to stop an opposing team's running back all year.  The Colts gave up an average of 5 yards per carry which I believe was worst in the league or close to it.  The Colts made Ron Dayne and Travis Henry look like LT.

Everyone thought LJ was going to run wild.  That's why it was an odd outcome.  Even if the Colts were to win, I'd still have expected him to have 150 yards and 2 scores.  Apparently Dungy and his team figured out how to stop a running back just in time.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #192 on: January 6, 2007, 09:03 PM »
Yeah I guess...but again, playoffs are totally different than regular season.  Its not like the D has been horrible for years and years, they have actually been decent the past few years.  What has killed them the past 2-3 years has been Manning...that is what I'd be worried about right now (until I play LT)

I was hoping they'd lose though, because Dungy is being whispered as a possible Gophers coach

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 6, 2007, 09:18 PM »
Well, you picked the right team.  However you figured it out, or even if it was dumb luck, you pegged it.  The Colts had the ball for almost 3 quarters to the Chiefs one quarter, so all in all the whole Chiefs offense collapsed with all of their 3 'n' outs.  LJ only got 13 carries as opposed to his usual 30+ (set a NFL record this year with season carries).  In a vacuum, had LJ gotten his 30 carries, it may have been a different outcome.  But Green couldn't keep his squad on the field.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 6, 2007, 10:20 PM »
The Colts' run defense wasn't just bad ... they were historically bad.  They gave up an average of 177 yards per game (or something close to that) on the ground.  Not once this year did they hold the opposing team to under 100 yards rushing, and I believe that the Jaguars rushed for 384 yards against them the last time they played.  So ... they play against the second-best back in the league, and they hold him to 32 yards rushing, and the team to 44 yards.  Who would've thunk it?  I have to agree with Matt that it's shocking as all hell the way they stopped LJ.  Is it that shocking that the Colts won?  Not really ... but the way they went about doing it completely blew me away.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2007, 10:32 PM by Neal »