Author Topic: NFL 2006-07  (Read 56929 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2006-07
« Reply #195 on: January 6, 2007, 10:27 PM »
Yup, everything Neal said, plus if I see that Wendy's commercial with the guy eating the microscopic $2.99 value meal one more time I'm going to rip my ******* hair out.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 6, 2007, 10:33 PM »
Yup, everything Neal said, plus if I see that Wendy's commercial with the guy eating the microscopic $2.99 value meal one more time I'm going to rip my ******* hair out.

It's no worse than the "this is our country" commercials for Chevy.  Is it possible to have one ******* commercial break during an NFL game without that?  Please?  Come on ... I don't ask for much .....

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 6, 2007, 10:34 PM »
Oh yeah.  The new Superbowl commercials will be most welcome...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 6, 2007, 11:42 PM »
Whoa boy.  Romo won't be forgetting that fumbled snap anytime soon.  Watching Gramatica skip through that fumbled hold and then try to block someone like 3 times his size while Romo tried to scamper off with the rock was somewhat amusing though.

Today, zero predictions right.  Tomorrow, twice as many! ( 0 x 2 =  ;) )

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #199 on: January 7, 2007, 02:45 AM »
Last year to gear up for the COlts the Steelers practiced in their practice facility with giant speakers blaring music.  You could hear it pretty well outside the building actually if you were driving by...  It is definitely something you have to consider and the Steelers had some experience with it in the regular season that they carried over into their prep for the Colts then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 7, 2007, 05:38 PM »
Peyton Manning though...what the **** happens to him in the playoffs?  Wow, he just sucks ass.  Should be fun watching him play the Ravens D ::)

Yeah, that should be fun..considering the colts won the last three meetings..against ravens teams with similar defenses...and the colts had their same QB and offense basically.

On that note, surprises from day one is why I still watch pro football. Was delighted to see the colts stuff the run then have a huge game on the ground themselves- that's all players need -to be sick of hearing being downplayed that their defense sucks against the run..ect..was fun to see how they responded, how embarassing for Larry, I loved it.

I also relished TO's only 2 catches too, that was a stuff as well. Especially liked his critical drop of a third down pass right in his hands-sums up the year for that jerk--as I've said before he's dropped passes all along in his year..What?, So this year the media blames his finger?Pfft ::). As many times as Dallas passed to him this year could  just imagine how many (Ooohh) TD's he could have scored without the drops ::). I noticed TO jawing at his QB(no surprise) to not put so much air under the ball after a lobbed pass by Romo to TO was caught up to and knocked away by a defender on another third down attempt.

Anyway, I figured the Dallas/Seattle game would be close considering the 2 teams struggles lately-just glad Dallas blew it since I hate them ;D-trust it made my day. I'll be shocked if Tuna AND TO are on Dallas next year, we'll see. While I have no love loss for seattle as well...I will now be rooting against them too.

I was overall impressed by my teams' year. No, they didn't make the playoffs but they made the division leaders look like chumps and won more games than the prior two years combined :). While they lost twice to the lowly Cardinals the last 2 years, the cardinals fired they're coach so we should be ready for them next year now.

To pick who I want in the super bowl I want New Orleans in and anyone but San Diego in--though it would be nice to watch a classic Marty blunder in the Superbowl
and lose, that would be fun.

DS
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 04:41 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 8, 2007, 12:22 AM »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 8, 2007, 12:27 AM »
Whoa boy.  Romo won't be forgetting that fumbled snap anytime soon.  Watching Gramatica skip through that fumbled hold and then try to block someone like 3 times his size while Romo tried to scamper off with the rock was somewhat amusing though.

Today, zero predictions right.  Tomorrow, twice as many! ( 0 x 2 =  ;) )

3.5 out of 4 for me.

(I'm claiming half a point for changing my Colts pick 4 minutes into the first quarter). :)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 8, 2007, 01:40 PM »
Is it too early to make predictions for next weekend?

If not, here are my picks:

Ravens
Eagles
Bears (only out of loyalty) (Grossman will start, Griese will play 2nd half)   :P
Chargers

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 8, 2007, 02:21 PM »
Is it too early to make predictions for next weekend?

If not, here are my picks:

Ravens
Eagles
Bears (only out of loyalty) (Grossman will start, Griese will play 2nd half)   :P
Chargers

Wow, you think grossman's on a short leash too?

mine--

Saints
Bears--really the Grossman factor makes it close in my mind-but I'll go with the Bears defense/ST advantage
Colts--will it be 4 in a row over Ravens--it's my take(Ravens look good-but, until they beat Colts it's my pick)
Chargers

DS

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 8, 2007, 02:51 PM »
Oh hell, I'll play along.  Unless I get all four games wrong, I won't fare any worse than Matt did last week.
 ;D

Bears over Seahawks
Saints over Eagles
Chargers over Patriots
Colts over Ravens
« Last Edit: January 8, 2007, 02:52 PM by Neal »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #206 on: January 8, 2007, 03:17 PM »
Ravens
Chargers
Saints

That Bears game scares me...I'll pick the Seahawks in an upset :-*

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 8, 2007, 03:22 PM »
Honestly, I felt both the NFC games were a tough pick(the eagles have been hot) but I had to pick nonetheless.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 8, 2007, 03:46 PM »
Ravens
Bears
Saints
Pats (total homer pick)

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 8, 2007, 10:34 PM »
Well, I'm sure there will be an upset, and I don't know which game it's going to be, so I gotta pick the 4 bye week teams:

Chargers
Ravens
Saints
Bears