Author Topic: NFL 2006-07  (Read 56588 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2006-07
« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2007, 07:19 PM »
That's sports writers.  I have zero respect for sports writers.  Those guys are all about selling papers and finding something to write about in their columns and that's it.  It would be nice if they would actually look at just how much the Saints were overhauled during the offseason.  I think the only reason they're throwing around the America's team thing is because a number of people around the country are genuinely pulling for them after the tragedy of Hurricane Katrina and the team being displaced for a year.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2007, 08:04 PM »
I was just glad to see Seattle lose...  Disappointed in the Colts win in one way, kind of happy on the other hand.  I was happy to see Chicago move on though and thought the game was pretty hard fought on both ends.  I was pulling for them this week ultimately...

I am almost in a mode where I don't care...  Being the pats loather that I am, I'm sitting here hoping they botch this. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 14, 2007, 08:22 PM »
Damn, 3-1 this weekend. I thought next week I would pick against Marty..at least until he wins...I guess it should have been earlier :(.

The San Diego..'not so super' Chargers...a regular season team only as long as Marty is coach? I love it.

DS

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 14, 2007, 10:13 PM »
SHould be a good game next week in the Saint vs Bears.  Bears are lucky to have won that game.  I hate seeing them win.  I also am annoyed by the "New America's Team" talk for the Saints.  Does anyone really cheer more for them because of the ******* hurricane?  Come on ::)  I guess I'll be rooting for the AFC team...and out of the Chargers, Pats and Colts I generally like all three.  I'll be rooting for the Colts but could care less really

Actually I kind of thought Seatle was lucky to get that game into OT.  The Bears have the worst offensive coordinator I swear.  They pass when they should run most of the time.  If Berrian would have caught that pass at the 5 and ran it in there would be no problems.  Moose could not catch a ball right at him either.  Plus, Hester had his punt return TD called back for that block in the back.  Grossman of course let the Seahawks right back into the game with his lame fumble in the first half.  I just thought the Bears outplayed Seatle for most of the game and was kind of surprised the Bears just did not blow them away at some point but never did obviously.  Oh well I'm happy since they finally won a playoff game.  But the media will be all over their asses because they did not win by 50 and Rex had a fumble.  Freaking Brady throws 3 INTS today but will be crowned as perfect in the papers I'm sure since the "best team in football" could not put away the Pats at home.  Those experts really have it all figured out don't they?  Same as the Colts having no D.  LOL! 

Yeah, I'm tired of the whole Saints/ Hurricane Katrina thing.  It's just slammed down our throats IMO.  I also get tired of hearing about how crappy the Bears are as they roll to a 14-3 record, win their division, and get the nmbr 1 seed.  All the teams left are practically the same team.  Nobody is head and shoulders above the rest really.  Anyone could beat the other.  None of them are perfection...not even New England.   

But we must put the predictions in and here are mine. 

Bears vs the Patriots.  As odd as the Bears are I think they will get it done in Chicago.  The Patriots just seem to always get a win.  No matter how good or not Brady does.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2007, 04:19 AM »
I find it odd that the AFC championship features 2 QB's that threw 5 INT's in wins...

It seems to me thatthe Colts the last few times have figured out how to beat the pats, ..finally. I know the Pats will have a ready gameplan though..but I still pick the colts.

I honestly think the Bears are a bubble waiting to burst...and I think the saints are gonna burst it next week

Colts Vs Saints

Like was mentioned with so many of these 2007 playoffs being close games and all.. I could care less if I was wrong.

I think the Chargers are going to look at Marty's track record in the playoffs, wonder how a team with SO much talent cannot be ready to play in a playoff game, then look at the coach-- who looks bored with no headset on- trusting a young gun to call plays out there( despite his own playoff coaching record) and then they fire him. OR, if he doesn't win the SB next year he'll be fired, surely. Owners just don't want just awesome regular season teams, they want rings. Marty was lucky to win his last playoff game-- because he had Capt. comeback-General Joe at his reigns. To me..the low battery chargers looked like an arrogant, too full of themselves team out there that really didn't respond well to New England putting up a fight. Seeing as how New England's track record with their current coach and QB, it seemed like the team(chargers) was not prepared well for that--dropped passes, fumblitis, uncharacterisitic defensive breakdowns, stupid personal fouls-- I would blame squarely on the coach. I know he doesn't play the game ..but he's not even communicating with headsets.. how does that look? It's his job to get the team ready and with few exceptions, I don't think he did.

It really seemed like even Brady was thinking ..down 3-14, that, hey, we got them right where we want them...I could see the chargers high fiving each other and over celebrating too much.

DS

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2007, 08:54 AM »
Being a Bears fan, it was really hard to watch that game yesterday.  The Seahawks threw all over the secondary and it seemed like Alexander was getting 5+ every time he got the ball.  The receives for the Bears couldn't catch a thing in the red zone and Rex was very close to having a melt-down (fumble and interception).  But in spite of that, they still held on and won.  I think that this was an eye opener for the Bears and they are going to be ready for next week and the Saints.  Personally, I don't think that the Saints are going to do well in the 10-20 degree weather that will be in Chicago next weekend, and they definitely won't have the fans behind them!

As far as the AFC goes, I really don't know who's going to show up for either team.  Honestly, it's going to be a matter of how the defenses perform in that game.  With both offenses being as mediocre as they were this past weekend, I think it comes down to whoever screws up less wins.

My prediction, Bears vs. Patriots.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 15, 2007, 08:58 AM »
God, I hope you're right.  After that game, you have more faith than I do in the Bears.  The offense shows up but then the defense gives up twenty four points.

Needless to say, I was on pins and needles the second half.

And I went 1-3 on my predictions.  Shows what I know!

;D

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 15, 2007, 10:47 AM »
I figured with all the hype my Eagles would get crushed by the Saints, but they held it close. They had a great year. Hopefully they can build on it and get back into the big game.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #233 on: January 15, 2007, 11:15 AM »
I'll go with Colts vs Bears.  I agree on the Saints not being able to handle the cold.  Either AFC will crush either NFC team though IMO

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 15, 2007, 03:19 PM »
Oh, Colts vs. Bears is a wet dream.

To see Manning lose to the Bears would be icing on the cake and the perfect ending to one of the craziest Chicago seasons...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 15, 2007, 07:55 PM »
I'll go with Colts vs Bears.  I agree on the Saints not being able to handle the cold.  Either AFC will crush either NFC team though IMO

They may not be able to handle the cold, but they can definitely handle the high wind  ;)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #236 on: January 15, 2007, 09:57 PM »

They may not be able to handle the cold, but they can definitely handle the high wind  ;)
Ba da bump bump :P

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 21, 2007, 11:16 AM »
Well it's suppose to snow in Chicago today with temps near 30.  That is not to bad really.  If it was in the teens that would be more ideal for the Bears.  I am still going with the Bears since I am incredibly biased being a fan of theirs :)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 21, 2007, 11:52 AM »
I'm gonna go New England and New Orleans for the Super Bowl, not that these things can be predicted, but I'm secretly hoping the Bears kick the Saints' ass.  I won't be able to stand hearing about the Saints Cinderella story and overcoming Katrina and all this bull**** for a week after the Super Bowl if they win.

Go Bears.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 21, 2007, 01:59 PM »
I'm going Colts/Saints.

But my confidence on those picks is about 5%