Author Topic: NFL 2006-07  (Read 56802 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2006-07
« Reply #255 on: January 22, 2007, 01:00 PM »
Damn, what a comeback!  At least we got one good game today.

I'd call it 1 and 3 quarters of a good games. ;)

DS

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2007, 01:01 PM »
Gonrats Payton!

Who?! Walter?......Why?

DS

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2007, 01:39 PM »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 22, 2007, 04:54 PM »
Bill Parcells retires.

Not really surprising at all.

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=13742.msg276311#msg276311

Though I really dislike the cowboys, I hate Terrell Owens..to the extent that I wish it were him gone of the two. I can respect a coach like parcells; not respect a "player?" like Owens. Somehow the bonehead Jerry Jones , oops cowboys organization puts value in **** like that. I could realistically could have seen the team going for a better record next year and further in the playoffs were Parcells still the coach and Owens gone. I'll wager that the ownership being committed to Owens was an additional negative factor for Parcells to consider for staying on :P. I'm sure the coach didn't want to babysit...caretake for the whiner another year... GOOD FOR HIM!

DS     

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 22, 2007, 07:40 PM »
Oh yeah Jerry Jones must hate having the NFL leader in receiving touchdowns on his team who also happens to put fans in the seats and have people nationwide tuning into games that they ordinarily wouldn't care about just to see him.

Yeah, can't imagine what the Cowboys see in Owens.

::)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 23, 2007, 01:32 AM »
Yeah, me either..like the cowboys organization EVER had problems putting fans in seats even when they were winning 1 or 2 games in the early 90's when they could only beat Washington ::). Like, the plowboys were in real threat of having primetime games stripped of them or losing Thanksgiving games altogether--Oh, you know they were about to lose that too, good thing ole' TO came along to right the ship and save that from happening. ::)

I actually personally know quite a few Cowboys fans and I'd say more than half can't stand Owens, didn't want him in the first place, and he's the first one they point at when things are going wrong there. Oh, and ah ..he's NOT the first one they point at when things went right for their team this year.

Yeah, people nationwide never tuned into all the annually televised Cowboys games until Owens showed up--thank goodness he did, phew man, that was alot of wasted TV programming.  :D :D ;D ::)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 01:34 AM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 23, 2007, 09:28 AM »
You can hate him as much as you want, but you can't change his statistics.  Numbers are numbers, and he's one of the top 10 wide receivers in history, and borderline top 5.

Nothing else you're talking about really matters once the ball is snapped.  And once the ball is snapped, he receives for lots of yards and lots of touchdowns, and did it better than everybody in history with the exception of a very select few ultra talented players.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 23, 2007, 11:39 AM »
Ah, so you're a numbers, stats guy. So, do you only like him for that only then?

Marvin Harrison's got nice numbers and stats, comparable to Owens except he's a lot less selfful, is classful and modest. So I guess the difference between the two is one's a premadonna.

So you're an Owens fan based on the numbers alone or do you like him for, ah.. other reasons?

So anyway, my point has been made that Jerry Jones and his organization did not require Owens' numbers/stats to help fill their seats with fans(it has never been a problem) it didn't enhance their team's primetime appearances or viewers of those either(they never had a problem with that before being dubbed "Americas Team" and all- they were never going to lose Thanksgiving games or other primetime games).

I'll agree that, for the folks that hated Jerry Jones and the cowboys and Owens...that now they dislike them even more when Owens was signed. ;D

Nobody's trying to change anything, and most won't deny his 'numbers' either. Gee, could you imagine how many fans he would have if numbers were all folks/potential fans cared about ::)? Wow, that would be a lot of shallow folks if that were true :(.

DS

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 23, 2007, 03:07 PM »

So you're an Owens fan based on the numbers alone or do you like him for, ah.. other reasons?

Or course not, don't be foolish.  I thought it was obvious that I admired his teeth and his biceps as well.

Nobody's trying to change anything, and most won't deny his 'numbers' either. Gee, could you imagine how many fans he would have if numbers were all folks/potential fans cared about ? Wow, that would be a lot of shallow folks if that were true.

It's all about the numbers man, all about the production.  Nobody likes the players with ****** stats.  Are you saying you want a bunch of players on your team that don't produce?  Maybe I shouldn't be asking a 49ers fan.

:)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 23, 2007, 03:39 PM »
Yeah, me either..like the cowboys organization EVER had problems putting fans in seats even when they were winning 1 or 2 games in the early 90's when they could only beat Washington ::).

I think you mean late 90's.

Early 90's looked like

91 Wilcard Playoff win,  loss in Division

92 Super Bowl Win
93 Super Bowl Win
94 Loss in NFC Championship Game to Superbowl Winners San Francisco
95 Super Bowl win....

It was 96 that the bottom fell out and it has sucked for the last decade.

I am a die Hard Cowboys fan.  I am glad Parcells is gone.  I would not be upset if TO was gone too.  But during the whole Over Dose thing, I got sucked in to being a fan of his.  Anybody who is hated by the Media that much, has to be alright.

For those not here in Dallas every year, I can tell you why I think Jerry Jones got TO, it wasn't to pack the seats or get primetime games, Jerry is living with a decision he made to not take Randy Moss.  Everytime Randy Moss made a touchdown for the Vikings or Raiders Jerry was told by the idiots here on the Radio that he missed on a GREAT receiver and his off the field problems should not be held against him and the fact he is locker room cancer is over blown.  Ever since then, every head case or criminal reciever (or both) has been given a shot here.  And we as Cowboy fans are suffering because of hindsight.  Again, my personal opinion.

We missed out on drafting a Quarter back the last 3 years because we had to get Testeverde and Bledsoe.  I was afraid if he stayed one more year we would get Phil Simms or Frank Reich as starting QB.

The best thing about Parcells being gone is that we won't have an off season and draft filled with signing every Free Agent who played for the "Glorified Gym Teacher" on another team or is the kid of a former player.  That was getting old. 

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 23, 2007, 10:39 PM »
No, I meant the early 90's...actually I was off by 1-2 years only...88- 3-13 record, and 89 1-15 record. That's an interesting opinion of why you believe Jerry bought the Owens product- haven't heard it put that way yet.

DS

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 1, 2007, 05:25 PM »
So, I'm curious to hear everyone's picks for the big game...

After proving the 'experts' wrong on the Saints game, I gotta stick with the Bears on this one - Grossman sure as hell doesn't deserve a ring, but the defense does.

And Lovie is just ****** cool.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #267 on: February 1, 2007, 05:45 PM »
Rooting for the Bears (they've been my favorite team all my life), but picking the Colts, by thirteen.

However, looking forward to this more than anything:

He's gonna tear that **** up.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 1, 2007, 07:56 PM »
So, I'm curious to hear everyone's picks for the big game...

After proving the 'experts' wrong on the Saints game, I gotta stick with the Bears on this one - Grossman sure as hell doesn't deserve a ring, but the defense does.

And Lovie is just ****** cool.

These things can't be predicted, anything can happen.  But the Colts will likely win.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2007, 08:07 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #269 on: February 1, 2007, 08:00 PM »
Bears here too.  I predicted they'd get here and so I'm sticking with them now.  I didn't think the Colts would make it but they're not a team I really dislike for any particular reason.  Glad to see the Seahawks done for another season though, that and screwing the Bengals season (again) were the highlights of the playoffs (and the race up to them) for me. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77