Author Topic: Marvel Spider-Man  (Read 3939 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Spider-Man
« on: July 11, 2003, 11:06 PM »
I'm not sure if a lot of people will see this, since it is a Marvel Legends thread...but I had a question for you avid collectors (and possibly Spider-man collectors).  Which version of Spider-man from that line is the best overall version?  I have been wanting to pick up a regular version (no water blast, super parachute, or whatever), that would fit in with the Marvel Legends figures.  Which red and blue costumed Spidey would be the best (and is somewhat attainable)?  Any opinions?  Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 09:04 AM by Scott »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 11:11 PM »
I can still snag the red/blue spidey with the big spiderman disk behind it (looks like a batsignal to me).  It's available at retail.  It's a pretty nice one too.  I like the Movie version with the gargoyle, but that would be my second pick.  Actually, I don't own it either.  Oops.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 11:23 PM »
I was thinking of either of those too Morgbug, specifically the Series I Spidey classics one (with the big red spidey disc).  I was just looking at some pics of that one at offthecard.com the other day, it looks pretty nice.  Not sure if its still around here or not, I'll have to take a look :).  Thanks!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 11:35 PM »
I asked that over at GH and never got a really good response mosnab, I have the two mentioned as well as the Black Costumed Spidey and all three are neat but I don't think they are totally the best of what Toybiz has to offer

IIRC in the next wave of Spidey Classics is a new Spidey, Daredevil, Kraven and ???  Supposedly this a new body style and one of the artists who drew Spidey's first figure.  That one might be worth checking out

The other is the Spiderman Classic Series 2 Dikto style Spidey which I have also heard good things about