Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 173628 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Legends
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2003, 07:24 AM »
Well, its started.  Picked up Thor and Hobgoblin last night.  The detail and articulation on these are amazing.

Wave III is everywhere, but II is starting to dwindle.  Last night all I saw was Namor (the Jango Pilot of Marvel Legends, can you say pegwarmer?)  I'm not too worried though.  I think I know where a Thing is and will go after work today to see if he's still there.  
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2003, 04:34 PM »
Lots of Human Torch still around up here if you need it Mikey.  But about Namor?  You hit it right on the head.  Lots of Thing on the pegs, but I think he was overpacked.  Kinda like Iron Man ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2003, 05:14 PM »
Well being a fan of comics I love the ML series.....and I think it's probably the best series ever done by Toy Biz.

I haven't been buying many of these...but I do have Toad,Hulk and the variant chase Hulk.

I absolutely cannot wait until the Punisher figure hits the pegs.....Punisher is my alltime favorite comic character.
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2003, 10:17 PM »
Lots of Human Torch still around up here if you need it Mikey.  But about Namor?  You hit it right on the head.  Lots of Thing on the pegs, but I think he was overpacked.  Kinda like Iron Man ::)

They should've packed more Doom's in those cases, and not Namor.  The Thing was packed pretty well, but he also sold pretty well.  So, did anyone go in for the Human Torch variations?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Jango Fettish

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2003, 10:53 PM »
Punisher is my alltime favorite comic character.

Hey Bri, did you grab that 12" Marvel Studios Punisher?

I got the Blade 2 12" and it was sooo worth the hour I drove for it, as well as the $35 price tag.

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2003, 11:33 PM »
Punisher is my alltime favorite comic character.

Hey Bri, did you grab that 12" Marvel Studios Punisher?

I got the Blade 2 12" and it was sooo worth the hour I drove for it, as well as the $35 price tag.

Nope, I still don't have the 12" Punisher......I'm falling behind on Pun figs........I just concentrate on so many items that it's hard to nab everything.....
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2003, 07:09 AM »

Thanks, but no need.  I found Torchie and Namor last night at Gamestop for 50% off.  I got both for $10.50.  No Thing though.  (It would have been sweet if Thing and Doom were sitting in the clearance box, but oh well).  I'm not in panic mode yet about wave II and I'm going away for the weekend, so I'll definitely be looking for these things in another state.  For wave I, I might go to ebay.  I saw a few deals for a complete set that I might jump at.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2003, 07:13 AM »
Wave 1 pieces were showing up at WalMart's as part of the "Best Of" assortment as recently as a month ago or so.  Might be worth checking out.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2003, 07:16 AM »
Wave 1 pieces were showing up at WalMart's as part of the "Best Of" assortment as recently as a month ago or so.  Might be worth checking out.

I have been, but WMs around here suck.  They have nothing Marvel wise but endless rows of the movie Hulk figs and crappy Spider Man classics figs.  Almost as bad as the Star Wars situation  ::)

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2003, 11:32 AM »
What was Toy Biz thinking when they released Namor??? I mean if they had released the original version, then I would have picked it up, but not that Village People version!! ::)

I love this line. Finally my favorite comic universe in figure form that are not only perfect renditions, but the mad articulation!!!! If anyone knows me from any of the other sites I sometimes go to, articulation means alot to me. I was spoiled by GI JOE, so anything else thatn 10 points is unacceptable. So when I saw these I flipped. ;D Especially the gorgeous Capn!!!! A perfect figure and rendition of Captain America!!!!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2003, 11:47 AM »
Lady Jaye, do you have the Marvel Studios version of the grey cap?  I know they are more pricy, but a friend who has one absolutely loves it.  He has the ML version as well.  

Pity about those Studio versions with the female characters though.  Silicone's never been that attractive to me anyway.  More reasonable renditions of Black Cat and Black Widow would have had my money in a second.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2003, 12:09 PM »
I don't think I've heard of the Marel Studios line. What's it all about and any links would be helpful Morgbug.
-Vincent

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2003, 01:19 PM »
Whoops, I meant Marvel Select, not Marvel Studios (12" line).

The aforementioned Black Cat.  A little more bodacious than I would have thought it should be.

Cap, not grey as I thought.  Must be a grey cap out there somewhere?  Hmmm.

remainder can be seen here

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2003, 01:27 PM »
Oh that's ok. To me those are statues, not figures. But the Marvel Legends line is the greatest comic line ever!!! If I could only get some DC figures with that much articulation, I'd be having some Battle to end all Battles. But alas the only figures from DC are those over priced direct merchant figures, from DC Direct. And they have lil to no articulation, compared to the Marvel legends line that is.
-Vincent

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2003, 01:34 PM »
Yep, pretty statuesque.  I'd really like a Marvel Legends (loosely applied) Black Cat figure, perhaps with a whole costume and somewhere less than 44DDD in stature.  Yes, I know she's marginal as a legend, but at least she's been around for quite a while, has been more than a minor bit player (Toad???) and has had the occasional mini-series.  

DC figs do indeed suck, but being a Marvel guy, I don't mind much.  Probably because so much Batman stuff has been produced.  Even the Justice League figures are statue like.  Certainly not posable like the Legends line.