Author Topic: Darth Bane Novel  (Read 7690 times)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Darth Bane Novel
« on: September 11, 2006, 06:06 PM »
Im really pumped about this. Ive been wanting to read it ever since it was mentioned well over a year ago.

I'm chomping at the bit for some info on some of the ancient Sith, and hopefully this book may answer a lot of questions.

Reading it's write up in the latest insider was pretty cool but they don't list a realease date. Does anyone have an exact release date?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Darth Bane Novel
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 12:47 AM »
According to Amazon, it's September 26th.  Not 100% guarantee or anything, but they are usually pretty close...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 02:14 AM »
Anyone read this yet or started to? Was really interested in picking this novel up. :-\

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 03:32 PM »
I read it and loved it. I had reservations going into this book, mainly wondering if this character could carry a whole novel. The answer? Yes he can. There are some cool references to the KOTOR games, as well as the Jedi vs. Sith comic book series.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 8, 2006, 09:22 PM »
I have it, but I haven't read it yet. I promised myself that I wouldn't read anything else till I finished NJO. Im about halfway through the last book now, so I should be getting to it very soon. Ill post a non spoiler review when Im done.

Qui-George's response is pretty much what I get from everyone that reads it though. It's supposed to be a great book.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 12:54 AM »
i gotta say, this is the most original piece of EU since heir to the empire, awesome. i'd love to see more books written in this style.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 4, 2007, 01:20 PM »
Agreed

I received the book as a gift and read it in 2 days..simply awesome;I couldn't put it down.
Recommended reading, definately a bad-ass character. Would like to see a second edition to come portraying his Master/apprentice relationship further and other feats I know of, have read about, the character.

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 8, 2007, 04:35 PM »
As good as the Bane novel is, I wonder how good the Darth Plagieus novel next year will be?

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #8 on: January 8, 2007, 09:49 PM »
personally  my expectations for the Plagieus novel are extremely low, due to the fact that they've made him a friggin Muun. what I'm very interested in is what the author was talking about back in '05, about a side by side tale of how both Plagieus and qui-gon where both separately looking for the answers to immortality. and in the end came up with different ways. if this book is like that i'm all for it. if its a rehash of path of destruction, then i'm lost. since what kinda galaxy are we stuck in pre-prequels and post-bane. new era yes, but probably a very boring one.

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 8, 2007, 09:55 PM »
What I am hoping for in the Plagieus novel is more backstory on Palpatine's training. I'd like a little light shed on that. and I do hope that Plagieus, as a character, is interesting.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 9, 2007, 06:10 PM »
about a side by side tale of how both Plagieus and qui-gon where both separately looking for the answers to immortality. and in the end came up with different ways.

I wonder then...Qui-Gon's after spirit life and Plageus' actual immortality..or..*gasp* cloning life continuation?

Hmm.. maybe we should take the last 4 posts here and start up a 'Darth Plageus novel specualtion thread' then?

DS

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 06:48 PM »
I'm also wondering that as well.That will be cool another Qui-gon book to look forward I hope
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 1, 2007, 12:26 AM »
I had been meaning to pick up this book for a while, and I finally picked it up a few days ago.  So far it's been a good read.  I think the author could have expanded on some things, but Bane has certainly proven to be an interesting character.  And the reasoning behind the Rule of Two seems to be coming into focus.  I'm very interested to see how the followup book featuring Darth Bane and Darth Zannah will unfold.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 03:10 PM »
Has anyone read the 2nd Bane book? I did and I think they easily could have called it Darth Zannah instead of Bane. I wanted to learn about his apprentice but still more about him than I felt the book did. If they were going to concentrate on a different Darth so much why not do the Plagueis book like they were originally.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 12:01 PM »
Has anyone read the 2nd Bane book? I did and I think they easily could have called it Darth Zannah instead of Bane. I wanted to learn about his apprentice but still more about him than I felt the book did. If they were going to concentrate on a different Darth so much why not do the Plagueis book like they were originally.

Yup... I can see your point.   I hope they go back to the Plagueis book sometime too... so much cool stuff to explore!
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"