Author Topic: Official Movie Thread  (Read 349675 times)

SilverZ

Re: Official Movie Thread
« Reply #105 on: October 6, 2004, 09:16 PM »
OK, I'm beginning to die in anticipation for Team America. Every day as more is heard, discussed, and revealed, I'm more convinced this will be the greatest "bad" movie of all time. It looks like pure genius. Its going to offend everyone, which will please me to no end.

Cinescape had the soundtrack listings up today, take a look:

1. "Everyone Has AIDS"

2. "Freedom Isn't Free"

3. "America, F**k Yeah"

4. "Derka Derk (Terrorist Theme)"

5. "Only A Woman"

6. "I'm So Ronery"

7. "America, F**k Yeah (Bummer Remix)"

8. "The End Of An Act"

9. "Montage"

10. "North Korean Melody"

11. "The Team America March"

12. "Lisa & Gary"

13. "F.A.G."

14. "Putting A Jihad On You"

15. "Kim Jong Il"

16. "Mount, Rush, More"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 7, 2004, 12:10 PM »

SilverZ

« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2004, 04:10 AM »
Though I'm thinking that no one really gives a **** about the movie, I checked out Team America at the sneak preview tonight, and it's the first time I've laughed out loud at a movie in a long, long time. Tim Robbins on fire, exploding Michael Moore, puppet sex, musical numbers, a middle-eastern parody of the Mos Eisley cantina, and more.  :) Along with some of the best social and political satire in a long while underneath the most idiotic presentation ever.

"America, **** Yeah!"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2004, 10:51 AM »
I remember sitting through the South Park movie thinking they couldn't possibly do anything worse and it kept getting crasser and pushing the envelope further.  And then Saddam is in bed with Satan...that was the climax of the movie.  I don't remember ever laughing that hard in a theater (except for maybe at Kingpin when Woody sleeps with his landlord)

I'd like to see Team America just to see them push that envelope again

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2004, 10:07 AM »
I'll be seeing Team America this afternoon. Looking forward to it, should be a hoot!  ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2004, 05:27 PM »
Back from the flick, loved that vulgar version of GI Joe's theme "America, F**k Yeah"!   ;D

Talk about exploding puppets & yes, it does make some fun of Star Wars! 

A great  flick!

SilverZ

« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2004, 05:31 PM »
Went and saw The Machinist on Saturday night. Christian Bale looks freakish, almost dead. Movie was a bit underwhelming, but had nice atmosphere and story. It just feels a bit empty once you reach the end.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2004, 07:56 PM »
The Machinist is a film that I'm looking to check out, soon. It's playing at a theater over in NYC not too far from my place, and hopefully this weekend I'm there.

Went to check out The Grudge this weekend. Have to say, honestly... it was better than I had expected it to be. Seeing as it was a remake, and I had already seen the original Japanese film Ju-on I had low expectations. But it delivered the goods (and the scares - just ask the bunch of 15 year old girls who were sitting behind me, who screamed every 6 minutes - or at least, that's how it felt). I think using the same director as the original used had a lot to do with that. And of course, the fact that Sarah Michelle Gellar is in it, and I just love SMG, didn't hurt either.

It was a creepy, dark film. Even though I knew what was about to happen, it still creeped me out at times. I think the fact that they used the same actor/actress for the two "monsters" in the film also helped to keep it feeling close to the original. And those two definitely are creepy looking in that film. If you're in the mood for a few scares, go check it out. Just make sure you see it in a theater with a better crowd than what I was lucky enough to see.

Let's put it this way - opening scene, guy jumps off his balcony and kills himself - crowd erupts in laughter?? I didn't get it. Not to mention that there are parts where the director goes back to his J-Horror roots with the direction of the film - that is, not presenting it in a straight forward manner. You know how Tarantino always jumps around in the "timeline" for his films? Well, he pretty much got that style from J-Horror. And this film uses it in some good ways. But the crowd didn't get it. In the beginning of the film, the sister calls up the house to find out how the mother is doing. Later in the film, we see the sister in her office, late at night, making the call. Some dumbass behind me says, "She left the same message earlier in the movie". I wanted to stand up and smack him in the head, and say "No, **** for brains, this is the earlier scene, but they are just going back in the story to show what happens!!!"

Kids....

Next up this weekend (hopefully): SAW

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2004, 09:28 PM »
Saw looks absolutley scary.

I can't wait to watch this movie. I wish that mask that is shown in the trailers and commercials was available at retail for punk kids like me.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline General Grievous

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2004, 10:03 PM »
Saw looks like one scary piece of ****. I can't wait for the part where the guys cut their legs off. I hope it's gory and intense.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2004, 07:31 PM »
For those of you hesitant to check out either The Grudge or Saw, our old pal Cory has posted two scathing reviews over at the 'Scum.

If you're anything like me, this means it's a green light to check them both out and enjoy!

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2004, 08:33 PM »
Saw looks like one scary piece of ****. I can't wait for the part where the guys cut their legs off. I hope it's gory and intense.

OK, just got back from seeing "Saw" and it is hands down the must f-ed up movie ever!  It's not only scary but it totally screws w/ your head.  I'll be thinking about that movie for a few days.  My buddy and I talked about it the whole drive home.  Totally insane. 

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2004, 12:17 PM »
OK, just got back from seeing "Saw" and it is hands down the must f-ed up movie ever!  It's not only scary but it totally screws w/ your head.  I'll be thinking about that movie for a few days.  My buddy and I talked about it the whole drive home.  Totally insane. 

Defintely. Saw might just be the most ****** up movie I've ever seen. And I've seen lots of ****** up movies in my time. It definitely does **** with your head. I just wasn't happy with the ending. It was kind of ****** up, just like the rest of the movie, but it just didn't feel right to me. I guess it just leaves it open for a sequel - which might not be a bad thing actually.

SilverZ

« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2004, 02:48 AM »
Went and attempted to see "After the Sunset" yesterday afternoon. I walked out after 25 minutes. Even Salma Hayek wearing nothing much other than a bikini or bikin/sweatpant combo can salvage it from being deadly boring, unfunny, uncompelling, and stupid. Its like they filmed an Elmore Leonard novel that he wrote after being bludgened with a frozen turkey. Terrible.

This really has to be about the worst movie I've seen all year, except for Shrek 2, which is on my Bottom 10 list. God that movie is shittastic.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2004, 12:22 AM »
Just got back from seeing The Machinist.  I liked it a whole lot.