Author Topic: Official Movie Thread  (Read 350447 times)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Re: Official Movie Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2004, 02:18 PM »
Well I have a great movie, that can be made.  If you want to know more about it PM me, or E-Mail me.  It will make a great film. :o
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2004, 11:15 AM »
Get up, come on, get down with the sickness, you mother get up! come on! get down with the sickness.

Poor Andy.

Me and P'Dubbs saw this last night, and its fantastic IMO. It really showed how some people are when reality is thrown in front of them. Like the music in the mall. And how despite the horrors happening in the mall, the music is playing " Dont worry, be happy! ". That was just hillarious in my oppinion.

The effects were great, and you can tell for the mass number of Undead zombies they made, they took some good time to make quality dead.

Zombie baby jokes are in order.

It was really good.

Kevin

PS. Did you see the like...1 second of the Paris Hilton tape durring the credits? 3 or 4 of us spotted it.
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2004, 11:31 AM »
 I can't wait for The Day After Tommorow to open, combine the directors of ID4 and a movie about weather, and they just sold multiple tickets to me.  :D
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2004, 03:36 PM »
Well, although it is still May, the past few weeks has brought the "Summer Movie Season" upon us.  Of what you have seen over the past few weeks, what have you liked...what do you still want to see, and what are you looking forward to seeing the most this summer?  We caught Shrek 2 yesterday, and really enjoyed it.  I'd recommend it, although we really liked the first one as well.  If you didn't like the first one, you probably wouldn't like this one either.  We have been talking about going to Troy, as well as Van Helsing (although not as much now), but not sure if we will make it to those.  Other upcoming movies:

Opening This Week
The Day After Tomorrow
Raising Helen
Soul Plane

June 4, 2004
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

June 11, 2004
Chronicles of Riddick
Garfield
The Stepford Wives

June 16, 2004
Around the World in 80 Days

June 18, 2004
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
The Terminal

June 23, 2004
The Door in the Floor
White Chicks

June 30, 2004
Spider-man 2

That should take us through June, as far as "major" releases.  Of those coming up, between the wife and myself, we have talked about seeing Harry Potter (definitely), Garfield, Dodgeball, and most definitely Spider-man 2.  A couple of others look interesting, but will likely wait until rentals (might do that for Garfield and Dodgeball as well, we'll see).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 03:40 PM by mosnab »

Offline Dengar

• Youngling
  • Vintage Rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2004, 12:45 AM »
I think you guys should start a section for movies and music, cause I see that you have alot of posts about these topics in this section.  This is just my 2 cents though.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2004, 01:09 AM »
It's something we've considered Dengar, and it's a good idea, but we've decided not to at this point in time.  Still pondering a Sports Forum though!   8)  BTW, I'm merging your thread with Brian's "official movie thread"...   ;)

Generally, we'll discuss some of the less popular movies in this thread, but some of the bigger blockbusters warrant their own threads due to the large amount of discussion that is involved with them.

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2004, 01:03 PM »
Yesterday, we had a movie marathon day and watched 21 Grams, Seabiscuit and Bubba Hotep.

They were all really good movies.

21 Grams blew me away. Every member of the cast should have won an Oscar. The saddest movie I have ever seen.

Seabiscuit was good, if a little too long.

Bubba Hotep was pretty funny and had some great one-liners.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #22 on: June 1, 2004, 10:03 AM »
Bah, I came here to discuss BAD MOVIES, not just movies in general. Matt you are one big merging machine.  >:(

But since we're now discussing all movies... Who else is actually considering seeing The Riddick Chronicles? The movie seems retarted, and Vinny is tired and over-rated as an actor in my book... but I bought into his character way back in the Pitch Black days. I kinda hoped they'd expand on him in a comic or something... now I've got a movie. Okay.

Soon I will get Crow (Brandon Lee), since I've been told about a billion times I need to see it.

Anyone own any Starship Troopers : Roughnecks DVDs and want to sell them?

Edit - I'm a dumbass who can't read. *runs to the BAD MOVIE thread*
« Last Edit: June 1, 2004, 10:04 AM by Angry Ewok »

SilverZ

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2004, 03:57 AM »
But since we're now discussing all movies... Who else is actually considering seeing The Riddick Chronicles? The movie seems retarted, and Vinny is tired and over-rated as an actor in my book... but I bought into his character way back in the Pitch Black days. I kinda hoped they'd expand on him in a comic or something... now I've got a movie. Okay.

Oh my GOD. I just saw this pile of steaming wretchedness tonight. Retarded would be giving the movie too much credit.

This was so childish and amateurish that it appears to have been written by a committee of 11 year old sci-fi fanboys. For example, imagine the after-school club of Vin disciples dreaming up this scenario while watching their XXX DVD for the 20th time:

“OK, so Riddick steals this space ship from this bounty hunter, after he totally kicks the bounty hunters ass, and he flies it to the planet…”

“Dude, it needs a cool name, the planet, something all high-tech sounding. I got it… Helion. It’s like Helium. That’s a science thing.”

“Yeah, that’s wicked! He takes the ship to Helion, and these like flying space cops tell him he has to land the ship, and he’s like, ‘No!’ so he takes his spaceship and crashes it into the space flying cop guy, and says ‘Land THIS!’ and the dude totally wrecks and explodes!

“Oh that’s so awesome, cuz Riddick is a complete badass!”

I’m not joking; this is an actual sequence from the film, without embellishment. This sort of pointless drivel continues for 2 hours. Throw in some truly laughable performances, overdone production design, silly costumes, haphazard action sequences, sloppy editing, and a meandering plot and you’ve got what I think is the biggest sci-fi disaster since Battlefield Earth.

I, however, may be in the minority on this one. People applauded at the end of this turd. It must have been the Vin fanclub.  

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2004, 02:05 AM »
Bah, I came here to discuss BAD MOVIES, not just movies in general. Matt you are one big merging machine.  >:(

Edit - I'm a dumbass who can't read. *runs to the BAD MOVIE thread*

Dumbass indeed!   >:(  But don't worry 'bout editing out your original comment there Brad.   :-*  But you're right - I AM a merging machine!  (just not in this case doof)   ;)

As for the Chronicles of Riddick bashing here, I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that Cory liked it, and his good pal Depmode actually LOVED it:

Simply amazing. Best movie experience since Return Of The King. This is my kinda sci-fi. Give me more, please.

Go figure...   :P

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2004, 03:19 AM »
I saw 'Saved' last night. Good movie. Thumbs up.

Go to hell.  >:(

SilverZ

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2004, 05:41 PM »

As for the Chronicles of Riddick bashing here, I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that Cory liked it, and his good pal Depmode actually LOVED it:

Simply amazing. Best movie experience since Return Of The King. This is my kinda sci-fi. Give me more, please.

More like that, huh? Maybe I can send him a copy of Battlefield Earth. Or Highlander 2. Or Phantom Menace... oops, did I say that?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2004, 07:29 AM »
I went and saw "Garfield" yesterday after work...not a bad little film after all.  I think they should have used some different promo clips because it was a cute storyline (if you ever followed any Garflield cartoon specials, all his good one liners were in the movie and basically most of the plots).
The animation of Garfield was fantastic.  If you own a large cat, you appreciate the humor.  Casting for Jon and Doc was dead on and the only complaint is Nermal should have been the gray cat and Arlene the other one.  Odie as a real dog was better than I thought he would be...actually able to do the dumb stuff Odie does in the comic strips.  

If you are looking to watch some mindless fluff (this isn't ROTK mind you) or entertain your kids/nieces/nephews, this is it.  The kids in the theatre all laughed at the funny parts and "awed" at the sugar-sweet scenes.  
Like I said, not near as bad as I thought it would be...my score = B+.

Beth

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2004, 05:08 PM »

Go figure...   :P

Not surprised. Where does he post these days?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2004, 06:47 PM »
So has anyone seen the movie 'Lucky'? It's pretty sick and dark, which is a good thing in the context of this film. I would recommend it to the 17+ folks here, as it's violent and has some nudity involved.
More or less it's about a struggling cartoonist who's sexualy repressed dreams become more and more violent, until he acts on them becoming a serial rapist.
However, befour that his inner persona manifests it's self in his dog Lucky, who abuses him and controls him. I won't give anymore away than that.
Very interesting and sad(ish) it get's an A from me.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -