Author Topic: Official Movie Thread  (Read 350328 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Official Movie Thread
« Reply #900 on: May 31, 2009, 01:39 PM »
I look at it as a chance to save money.  Movie ticket prices are getting up there!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 31, 2009, 04:59 PM »
What's next? Remaking James Bond flicks! Annie-The Motion Picture, yeah I'm so ******* there!  ::)

They did remake a James Bond movie. Never Say Never Again was a remake of Thunderball. Didn't we already get an Annie movie? Hollywood is so bankrupt for new ideas.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #902 on: May 31, 2009, 06:48 PM »
Dale you can add Buffy the Vampire Slayer to your list. ******* Fran Kuzui is going to remake the Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And get not only is Joss Whedon going to be completely uninvolved, but it have any of the same characters or actors that were on the show.

**** Fran Kuzui. >:(
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 31, 2009, 08:46 PM »
Can't believe there's talk on remaking some of those movies that seem to have been just release in the last 20 years: Total Recall, Poltergeist , Red Dawn and Short Circuit.  Hollywood wonders why the Box Office has been down in recent years.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 31, 2009, 09:15 PM »
Man, alot of remake/prequel/sequels or whatever you want to call them in the works so they say & some that have started...  ::)

The Karate Kid

The Karate Kid, huh?  I can't imagine anyone else playing Mr. Miyagi.  I don't mind many of these reboots but I don't want to see a new Karate Kid. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 31, 2009, 09:20 PM »
Man, alot of remake/prequel/sequels or whatever you want to call them in the works so they say & some that have started...  ::)

The Karate Kid

The Karate Kid, huh?  I can't imagine anyone else playing Mr. Miyagi.  I don't mind many of these reboots but I don't want to see a new Karate Kid. 

Heck, I don't even want to see the old Karate Kid.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 1, 2009, 12:00 AM »

Heck, I don't even want to see the old Karate Kid.   :P

That's just one of the movies I can't turn off if I see it on TV

"Sweep the legs Johnny!"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 1, 2009, 12:24 AM »
"Wax on! Wax off!" (good thing the out of context thread is out of commission.)  ;)

That list is rather disturbing... makes one think, "There goes my childhood." I can't see remakes, updates, or reboots of any of the movies there. Most are simply classics and you can't make them better.

... of course, people said that about Trek, and there are a ton of good reviews. And I know some day I'm going to be seeing A New Hope, Empire, and Jedi redone at some point in my life (either by Lucas as he has done before, one of his kids or someone else).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #908 on: June 1, 2009, 12:35 AM »
We took our kids to see the IMAX Night at the Museum 2...it was good but the first was far better.  Lots of the same old crap...and plays in to the theme going in this thread right now...too much repitition in Hollywood.  It is the same thing again and again.  I mean, come on, get some new ideas.  I can't stand the copy catting over and over and over.  Get some originality!  It is like repitition is their job (I'm out of material)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 1, 2009, 01:17 AM »
We took our kids to see the IMAX Night at the Museum 2...it was good but the first was far better.  Lots of the same old crap...and plays in to the theme going in this thread right now...too much repitition in Hollywood.  It is the same thing again and again.  I mean, come on, get some new ideas.  I can't stand the copy catting over and over and over.  Get some originality!  It is like repitition is their job (I'm out of material)

That's why I've stopped watching a lot of TV and going to the movies. Two winters ago, I was watching so much that I got to the point where I realized I know punchlines to jokes before they happened, or the climax of movies. Now I'm much more selective about what I watch, and most of that is sports now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 1, 2009, 09:39 AM »
I don't get all the remakes either.  Some turn out ok to good, but the most are awful it seems (particularly the big "60/70s TV Show Made into Movie" kick over the past couple years.  I personally hate to see some of them get remade again, Karate Kid being a good example.  It may be cheezy, but I enjoyed the heck out of the first one as a kid (and liked the 2nd one well enough at the time too).  To make it worse, I've read rumors (or maybe it is confirmation) that the new Karate Kid is being done by Will Smith - starring his son in the lead role and I believe Jackie Chan in the Miyagi-ish role (I don't know if he is supposed to be the same character or not, I'm guessing not).  Yikes.

I have often wondered if the Original Trilogy would be remade some day or not.  I'm guessing the majority of the fanbase would rather not (probably all of the fanbase), but for some reason I could still see it happening.  Hopefully not.  I wouldn't mind seeing the originals released in theaters again though, but we'll probably have to wait for the 3D versions we've been hearing about for years now.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 1, 2009, 10:51 AM »

Ask Matt for help.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 20, 2009, 04:53 PM »
Anyone check out the new trailer for 2012 coming in November? If ya like death & destruction, things blowing up real good, major CGI effects & Air Force One not making it then check it out!  8)

2012 Official Site

2012 (2009) Trailer 2

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 21, 2009, 11:13 AM »
Wow. I don't know what to think about that.

I was just chiming in to mention that I was dragged to see the Hangover and left a fan. Pretty well done and very funny.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #914 on: June 23, 2009, 07:23 AM »
There's a teaser trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's adaptation of Nickelodeon's  Avatar: The Last Airbender up on AICN. Looks good so far from the limited footage.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird