Author Topic: Official Movie Thread  (Read 352721 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Official Movie Thread
« Reply #1440 on: June 6, 2012, 12:03 PM »
There was a third AVP movie?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: June 6, 2012, 12:05 PM »
Predators....sorry - had that wrong.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: June 6, 2012, 12:13 PM »
Predators was not a sequel to AVP.  It was actually pretty decent, IMO.  Hard to take Adrian Brody seriously as a tough guy though.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: June 6, 2012, 12:43 PM »
Hard to take Adrian Brody seriously as a tough guy though.

Hard to take Adrian Brody seriously at all since he has been doing razor commercials.  He has some of the dumbest facial hair I have ever seen - no way does he come close to pulling it off - he looks like a character in a Comic Book movie.  Or a total tool. ::)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 6, 2012, 08:59 PM »
New trailer for the animated movie "Wreck It Ralph" - sort of an homage to video games old and new, looks kind of cool:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=61088

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 7, 2012, 05:05 PM »
I really liked Predators.  The first AvP was pretty crappy and I didn't bother with the second one.

Hopefully Prometheus will be good. I was thinking about going to a midnight show tonight then found that my theater was only showing it in 3D.  Now, just today, I see there's a 2D version playing tonight so...  Idunno...

From the trailer I could see this film being pretty cool in 3D, but I really don't want to sit for 2 hours with a second pair of glasses on.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 7, 2012, 05:24 PM »
Looks like it's getting a 75% on Rotton Tomatoes.  I guess the visuals are fantastic, but there's quite a few plot holes.  Still looking forward to it though.

I don't care for 3D the way it is but couldn't imagine sitting there with 2 pairs of glasses on...that must suck.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: June 7, 2012, 06:14 PM »
I spoiled myself a bit and read the synopsis on imdb... well, not a bit, but a lot.  Some things made me think, hmm.  Still want to see it.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2012, 06:14 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 7, 2012, 11:21 PM »
Looks like it's getting a 75% on Rotton Tomatoes.  I guess the visuals are fantastic, but there's quite a few plot holes.  Still looking forward to it though.

I don't care for 3D the way it is but couldn't imagine sitting there with 2 pairs of glasses on...that must suck.

I'm no 3D fan, but since it was shot in 3D, seeing the 3D version would actually be better than 2D.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1449 on: June 7, 2012, 11:58 PM »
Watched Alien last night in prep of Prometheus. I hope it isnt a let down.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: June 9, 2012, 02:45 AM »
I'm betting this looks amazing in 3D since it looks gorgeous in 2D.  I ended up going to the midnight showing Thursday night.  The movie has some problems and it feels sort of unfinished, like it's the setup for a new trilogy or something...

It didn't totally suck, but it could have been a lot better.  But, again, it looked awesome and the acting was solid.  The story they went with was decent but the plot fell apart, too many holes.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 9, 2012, 07:47 AM »
I saw Predators on Netflix this week.  I had very low expectations, but it was actually pretty good.  Couple of good twists that I did not see coming.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #1452 on: June 9, 2012, 10:48 AM »
Prometheus was oversold in its advertising. Disappointing overall.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 9, 2012, 08:53 PM »
I enjoyed the movie - it had its problems, but I had a good time and look forward to any potential sequels.  Missed a slight scene I saw in the trailer, but that's ok.  Not like the cow from Twister. 

3D sucks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1454 on: June 10, 2012, 09:23 PM »
Saw Prometheus today and actually really liked. I'm not a huge Alien/Aliens guy so I was only mildly interested in this one.  I am a huge fan of Ridley Scott, so for that reason I went.  It sort of reminded me of Alien in that builds to the monsters at the end rather well.  There some horrible plot holes but enough for me to overlook especially Shaw performing surgery on herself and running around 30 seconds later and nobody seems to care (nor does she for that matter)

Michael Fassbender as David was phenomenal...and creepy
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:25 PM by Scott »