Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 357439 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #1170 on: July 11, 2006, 03:42 PM »
Just recieved GG's official email at 12:30:29 PST.

Glad people are getting the offical emails now.  I still haven't  recieved mine yet so I'm glad this link was found. :D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 11, 2006, 03:54 PM »
What do you think of the original link versus the GG version?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 11, 2006, 04:03 PM »
What do you think of the original link versus the GG version?

I think its basically the same link except the non-GG link list everything on one page while the GG email has the different links to the respect items page at GG site.  Once you click add to cart you go through the same checkout process and page.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 11, 2006, 04:06 PM »
Agreed. 

For anyone concerned, as I was, I went through the entire order process right up to the end and the url's were identical in both processes.   

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 11, 2006, 04:08 PM »
It was a much smoother checkout process.  I think GG took many of the comments to heart about the online store, because this was a much better process than any of the exclusive sales they've ever conducted.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 11, 2006, 04:30 PM »

Edit:  Thanks Bobafett77 for giving me the link first that I pm to a few people.

Not a problem, Tom. Glad to see a lot of people were able to grab one.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 11, 2006, 06:04 PM »
Looks like the Shocktrooper and Vader Bust up are still in stock but the Malfoy bust is sold out.  Wonder when the Trooper will be sold out.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 11, 2006, 06:10 PM »
Just got the email 10 minutes ago and was able to order the Vader and Shock Trooper.  My buddy got the email at noon.  Surprised it took so long for me to get it. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 11, 2006, 06:30 PM »
Just got the email 10 minutes ago and was able to order the Vader and Shock Trooper.  My buddy got the email at noon.  Surprised it took so long for me to get it. 

I was talking about this with DS the other day.  From past recollection, I remember being as much as 8 hours behind other people with the emails :o  It never mattered previously because it was always announcing a link and a time, not going live immediately.  Glad you got in to J.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 11, 2006, 08:34 PM »

I was talking about this with DS the other day.  From past recollection, I remember being as much as 8 hours behind other people with the emails :o  It never mattered previously because it was always announcing a link and a time, not going live immediately.  Glad you got in to J.

Yeah me too.  I called Jamie to let him know as well so hopefully he got in on it.  I'm stoked to not have to worry about anything at CC now except the ACME character keys.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 11, 2006, 09:55 PM »
Amazingly enough the Shocks are still up for grabs! I just got my girlfriend to order one up for me for trade bait  ;D.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 12, 2006, 09:24 AM »
I was tempted to try an order a Shocktrooper bust, even though I won't be attending Comic-Con :P.  I only have a Han bust (and Chewie preordered) so far, but I could see that it would be a lot of fun collecting this line.  At this point, I'm trying to decide between going with these mini busts (OT) or the Sideshow 12" line.  I like both, but can't afford both.

Anyways, it looks like Mousedroid has some pics up of upcoming Gentle Giant stuff - including a Plo Koon mini bust, Obi in Clone Armor statue (realistic look), as well as a couple of mini busts from LOTR.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 12, 2006, 03:58 PM »
Im really diggin the Plo Koon bust.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1183 on: July 12, 2006, 05:34 PM »
Can someone refresh my memory here...  Does GG charge your credit cards now, when you place the pre-order, or at SDCC when you actually pick it up?  I'm assuming the former, correct?

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 12, 2006, 06:10 PM »
Can someone refresh my memory here... Does GG charge your credit cards now, when you place the pre-order, or at SDCC when you actually pick it up? I'm assuming the former, correct?

You're charged as soon as you place the order. I didn't know you collect the busts too, Matt. As of 3:09PM pst they are STILL in stock!