Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 357430 times)

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #1185 on: July 12, 2006, 11:03 PM »
I was fortunate enough to have someone volunteer on another messageboard to pick up one for me.  Thank goodness the pre-order has lasted this long. 

The Plo-Koon bust and the Obi statue are terrific. 

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
« Reply #1186 on: July 13, 2006, 07:15 AM »
I managed to find a U.K site that still had some Palpatines in stock it arrived today.
I also bought a Yoda ESB and Han from Ebay, I already have a Stromie Han but having just aquired Greedo and with Chewie due soon I think I may sell on the stormie Han and go with regular Han.
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
« Reply #1187 on: July 14, 2006, 05:27 PM »
I've got my pre-orders in for these to already, recieved my e-mails from my supplier today.
The Plo Kloon bust is a little more expensive than the usual bust price though.
No news on edition sizes yet.

http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: July 14, 2006, 06:51 PM »
The prices have been creeping up on the mini-bust line.  The standard price had been $45 for a regular bust and $50 for deluxe mini-busts (interchangeable arms, etc).  But the price for the Gen. Grievous bust started at $55, and it doesn't appear to be a deluxe piece.  It seems that Gentle Giant is raising their pricing in accordance with the increased demand for this line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 19, 2006, 11:16 PM »
Some new goodies on the horizon it looks like.   ;D

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Comic_Con_2006&img=0
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 11:17 PM by Padawan »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 20, 2006, 02:59 PM »
Some neat stuff there, the way it looks.  I kind of like the Jedi Luke mini bust, might have to see if I can pick that one up.  The statues continue to look great, I wish I could afford those.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 20, 2006, 03:56 PM »
I need to order that fantastic Obi-Wan along with the new Jedi Luke.  I hope that I can snag a Mara on evil-bay for a decent price  :-\
Beth

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 26, 2006, 12:59 AM »
Well I took the plunge after I picked up my Shockie bust and bought a Qui Gon Jinn bust. It was $40 bucks so now I have a grand total of two GG busts. Im gonna be more than broke now.  :-X
I remember my dream now.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: July 29, 2006, 07:51 AM »
I just want to see a good ANH Leia with buns. Plus an old Obi wth the hood up. I'm starting to feel like he's not getting enough love from the licenscees.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 29, 2006, 11:02 AM »
Give it a little bit of time.  Gentle Giant is in a different kind of position from Hasbro.  They have to keep their releases somewhat limited due to the nature of their business.

I think they're holding off on doing an ANH Leia because of Sideshow's Premium Format Leia.  Why?  There's something of an edict from Lucas Licensing for all of the licensees.  It basically calls upon them to respect other licensees releases and not to release what can be conceived as competing product at the same time.  So you probably won't see Gentle Giant offering a similar character lineup as Sideshow at a given time.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1195 on: July 31, 2006, 04:54 AM »
Good to see the Bounty Hunter lineup finally getting filled out a bit more (still need 4-LOM).  The Dengar and Zuckuss looked pretty sharp down at Comic Con, as did the rest of the busts, of course.  But since I only collect the OT ones, fortunately they didn't have a ton of them on tap.  There was the Jedi Luke too, but that may have been it for OT, IIRC.  Not too bad.

I finally got my "chrome" C-3PO from SWS.com today, since I had them hold/combine it with my Shadowtrooper order.  Pretty slick looking piece, and it technically fits in with the OT if you really want to stretch things, and think back to the silver 3PO's brief appearance at the beginning of ANH.

I was pretty surprised at how easy the Shocktrooper was to acquire down at SDCC.  On Friday and Saturday, the several times I passed through the GG exhibit, there was pretty much nobody in line for their stuff, and plenty of Shocktroopers still available.  I don't think they were even punching badges on those things (they didn't on mine).  I wonder why this one didn't seem to be as insanely in demand as their previous SDCC exclusives...?  Regardless, I guess that's a big sigh of relief for most bust collecting fans, so that's cool.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 04:54 AM by JediMAC »

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 31, 2006, 09:24 AM »
Dengar and Zuckuss?  Sounds interesting.  Have there been any pics posted anywhere?

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: July 31, 2006, 07:46 PM »
Yeah, there was pics of them in the SDCC coverage.
They both look real good, Thank goodness for only getting OT busts, I've managed to track down Bossk, now I just need that dam Fett.
Still cursing myself for passing up on him when i had the chance to get him at retail.
Not sure on the Jedi Luke,surely there could have been a more dynamic pose than the one they chose?
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 31, 2006, 11:39 PM »
Dengar and Zuckuss?  Sounds interesting.  Have there been any pics posted anywhere?

Damn lazy Canadians...

Zuckuss (4-LOM?)

Dengar
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 1, 2006, 09:00 AM »
Thanks Brent.
Guess I did see those pics, but I thought they pics of the upcoming bust-up bounty hunter box set.  Are they busts for sure?  Reason I ask is, the Zuckuss looks kinda like he's "put together" the way the bust ups are (look at the way the breathing hoses connect to the head).