Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 358409 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #1245 on: September 6, 2006, 09:09 AM »
I did receive the email, but the subject line was "test email 090506"

I actually got that e-mail last night as well, with that same subject line.  I was tempted to order the Shocktrooper, but that would open a whole other can of worms then :).

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 6, 2006, 10:35 AM »
No email = no busts for me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 6, 2006, 02:07 PM »
Still no email for me, not that I'm expecting product to miraculously appear, but just to see when it actually arrives. 

Once again, a big boo to GG on this one.  I'm used to having Hasbro bend me over at the hips, I guess I've had too good a run with GG so I was due to get it. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 6, 2006, 09:44 PM »
Still no email but with thast vague subject "test email" I may of deleted it.  I would of thought I would check to see the sender through.  Not that it matter since I was at work.  Hopefully the Mara Bust stays relativley low.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: September 7, 2006, 02:27 PM »
Still waiting on the email. ::)

In other news, my case of clone busts from talesofwonder.com has shipped.  With BBTS charging about $180 for a set of three, it wasn't hard to buy a case for $250 instead.   :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: September 7, 2006, 03:16 PM »
Wow, it's like an echo in here Brent.  ;D

I'm utterly amazed that I still haven't received the GG email either.  But considering the title, I think it's possible that my spam filter MAY have caught it.

I also got word that my case of Clone mini-busts arrived at my local dealer.  Amazingly I got the same price that you mentioned, too!  And so far I've got a fair number of people interested in the extra white Clones and the extra 501st Clone.  This deal worked out very well!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: September 7, 2006, 03:26 PM »
Yeah, but I enjoy beating a dead horse ;)  I'll probably stop in a week or so.  Saw your comment on the blog as well, presuming there's only one nicklab out there.  Congrats btw. 

I've already sold off my extra blue and one white clone, so I only have to unload a single white clone at some point, so it was a no brainer on the case. 

I can't complain too wholeheartedly on the Mara bust though, I was fortunate enough to get the BHS so I really have nothing to complain about by comparison.  I just had crappy luck being in a meeting all day is what it amounted too, otherwise I'd have seen the comments on the boards about the sale. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: September 7, 2006, 05:46 PM »
Oh yeah, that was me.  Seems like we had the opposite circumstances on the Mara and the BHS.  I missed out on the BHS from Gentle Giant but lucked out on Mara Jade.  It's just a matter of luck, IMO.

But the amazing thing over at the GG blog?  The guy who's defending GG and saying that if you really want the busts that you should be scouring forums for links all day long.  Please.  GG needs a serious wakeup call when it comes to offering these pieces online.

Feedback

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: September 7, 2006, 08:05 PM »
!@#$%^&*()%#& 

The ONE bust I wanted.  I never got an email either.  If anyone wants to trade a BHS for Mara, drop me a pm.  I never took it out of the box yet for just this reason.  Stupid ******' Gentle Giant...... >:(
Beth

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: September 7, 2006, 08:30 PM »
!@#$%^&*()%#& 

The ONE bust I wanted.  I never got an email either.  If anyone wants to trade a BHS for Mara, drop me a pm.  I never took it out of the box yet for just this reason.  Stupid ******' Gentle Giant...... >:(

I hear ya!  I had to resort to eBay for the BHS.  That stung in a big way.  But I think you're much more likely to get a good price on the Mara Jade bust on eBay.  The production run was signifigantly higher, so there should be a healthier supply of them online.

If I were in your position, I would NOT trade the BHS for a Mara Jade bust straightup.  The BHS has much more trade value than the Mara Jade.  When you compare the run numbers you'll understand why.  There are 1,000 BHS's compared to 2,500 Mara Jades.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2006, 08:33 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: September 7, 2006, 08:34 PM »
Yah, I'm looking.  I can shell out $200.00 BIN or lurk and see if I can snipe one a little cheaper.  I shouldn't bitch too much.  The BHS was priced a lot higher on ebay than Mara's, it's just I would have rather had a shot at trying to get it than being left high and dry.
Beth

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: September 7, 2006, 08:56 PM »
Beth- Im trying to work out a trade for a Mara if the one I bought doesn't go through. If I end up with two I sell it to you one for cost.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: September 7, 2006, 09:20 PM »
Seems to be one mess after the other, I was kinda hoping to get a Mara bust but hey look they dont ship to Australia, hey wait a minute you mean there are ppl out there outside the US that collect these things?
Heaven forbid, I refuse to pay the prices on ebay for this so its one I will have to pass on, shame really.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: September 7, 2006, 10:20 PM »
Beth- Im trying to work out a trade for a Mara if the one I bought doesn't go through. If I end up with two I sell it to you one for cost.

Cool - let me know if it works out or not.

...and thanks!!!
Beth

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: September 7, 2006, 11:04 PM »
!@#$%^&*()%#& 

Hey Beth, I'll have an extra Mara (assuming my order goes through). I picked it up for trading so if Robb ends up not being able to help you maybe we can work a trade.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2006, 11:43 PM by Bobafett77 »