Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 357924 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #1365 on: January 4, 2007, 08:22 PM »
I found out that my Grievous bust will be in tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to getting this one.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: January 4, 2007, 08:44 PM »
Anyone collect the Harry Potter busts?  I picked up a SDCC Sirius Black bust at Suncoast the other day for $49.99.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: January 4, 2007, 09:22 PM »

Which brings me to my question:  I'm wondering who has the best price/service/overall pleasant shopping experience to get the busts from?  I've looked around and while NFC seems to be the place to for preorders, I didn't know who to order in-stock items (particularly Grievous, which is the one I'm shopping for right now) from.  EE has them for about 5 bucks more than Brian's Toys (who I only deal with as an absolute last resort in the first place), but SWS, NFC, and Action Figure Express have the Grievous in stock at all.  Is there another option that I've missed out on?  How would you bust collectors rate the various etailers overall?

As someone just starting out with these (I will not be a completist, I will not be a completist...  ;) ), any advice you guys and gals could give is very appreciated. :)

I've ordered both busts and statues before from Talesofwonder.com and had very good success with them.  Their shipping is quick and often times it's free (not always) always good products, nothing damaged and the prices have been very good in past.  They have Grievous in stock at the moment at $55 with free shipping.  That seems high to me, but I'm cheap.

I've also ordered from NFC in the past as well and had good success with Rick.  Not sure on his pricing, but the only problems I've ever had with NFC is them not getting stock in and only when Hasbro has hosed them.  Never a problem with GG stuff.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: January 4, 2007, 11:33 PM »
Anyone collect the Harry Potter busts?  I picked up a SDCC Sirius Black bust at Suncoast the other day for $49.99.

The exclusive!?! Wonder how they ended up with a CC exclusive... and nearly 2 years later ???.

Received my Darth Maul bust today from MWC. Yet another great addition! ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: January 4, 2007, 11:36 PM »
I go through my local comic shop and I get a decent discount with them.  But there is THIS ONLINE STORE which has some decent prices.  He's pretty new but extremely reliable.  I've dealt with him personally and everyone else that I know who has dealt with him has nothing but good things to say.  So you might want to check out Joe's Basement Collectibles.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: January 4, 2007, 11:57 PM »
There have been some pretty sweet deals to be had on ebay at the moment for current busts too, I guess that could be something you could look at depending on the one you want and its edition size, plenty were going for under retail.
And then you get situations like the blue clone trooper that recently went for over $200??
Shop around and for the newer stuff you can generally take your time, especially with the edition sizes where they are.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #1371 on: January 9, 2007, 11:59 AM »
Not sure why, but I felt slightly underwhelmed with the Grievous. Anyone else ?

Chewie however made up for it. Nice piece.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: January 14, 2007, 05:36 PM »
Got my Grievous yesterday. Very nice piece. Thought I was gonna break it putting it together though.
I remember my dream now.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #1373 on: January 15, 2007, 11:14 AM »
Got my Grievous yesterday. Very nice piece. Thought I was gonna break it putting it together though.

I agree, it is a very fragile piece to say the least.

I appreciate the weight of Chewie and Maul myself.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1374 on: January 18, 2007, 02:34 PM »
Up next... Dengar.

$50, headed your way this fall.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: January 18, 2007, 03:15 PM »
Not a huge surprise there really.  I've passed on all the bounty hunters except Fett.  Starting to waffle a bit because they sort of fit the Imperial theme...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: January 24, 2007, 09:31 AM »
Why is it that Dengar, who in my opinion is one of the lamest bounty hunter designs, always has really well done figures/products?  Of the POTF 12" line, he was probably the best done.  In the hasbro 3 3/4 inch line, the one that came out a few years ago was fantastic.  And that bust looks great.
My only bounty hunter bust is Bossk (which is fantastic).  I would get a boba if they ever re-did it, but the ig-88 and zuckuss don't really appeal to me.  That Dengar is pretty appealing though - even if it is a lame character design.

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #1377 on: February 9, 2007, 07:01 PM »
C4 Exclusive GG Mini Bust... Darth Malak!!!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1378 on: February 9, 2007, 07:18 PM »
Kind of reminds me of Trap Jaw, one of Skeletor's stooges, from He-Man
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: February 9, 2007, 11:20 PM »
C4 Exclusive GG Mini Bust... Darth Malak!!!

Even though I have no interest in this bust because of the character choice, I can still see that it looks like a very well done piece.  GG continues to impress.