Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 357879 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #1440 on: February 23, 2007, 05:23 PM »
No doubt the Chewie is great.

I just ordered myself a Tarkin finally - him and Greedo are probably the two I'm the most excited about getting at the moment.

If I can just find a Greedo for a reasonable price that is.   :P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 25, 2007, 12:11 PM »
I just placed an order, but I have a feeling that I'm about to get a phone call saying that these were on their website by error just like the Finar Comics thing, but this site seems to be accepting orders for lots of the older busts at original prices:

http://www.nostalgia50splus.com/catalog_c252702.html

This looks like another too-good-to-be-true scenario:

Biker Scout 45$
Greedo 45$
Boba Fett 50$
First Vader 50$
Dooku 45$
E2 Yoda 45$
etc...

They've also got Anakin, Obi-Wan, Zam, Stormtrooper, Bossk, Tarkin, Gamorrean Guard, and a slew of others listed for similar prices.

Thoughts?

I figured I'd post it just incase it is legit - even though it almost certainly isn't.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 12:23 PM by Rob »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: February 25, 2007, 12:31 PM »
I went all the way through to the billing but it didn't come up as a secure page when I went to enter my credit card info, so no matter how much I want those first release busts, I can't do it.  If you succeed, lmk and I'll place an order, but I'm just too scared of putting my CC info out there without the little lock appearing at the bottom :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 25, 2007, 12:36 PM »
There's no lock, but the http: turns into an https: - that's supposed to mean they're secure...

I wasn't too worried about that when I ordered - I was more worried about them being some shill company that was going to take my money and not send product - but I've got total security protection on the Bank of America card I used... and I was careful not to give them debit information so I could always contact my bank and Visa if anything goes awry.

I made a big order.... you can't beat those prices, not in a million years - but like i said, I fully expect to find out today that the listings were in error and that they just haven't updated their site in 2 years or some crap like that.

No way do I get my hands on Boba Fett for $50 - way too good to be true.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 12:37 PM by Rob »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: February 25, 2007, 12:41 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaargh, so tempting.  I have Fett, but getting the Vader and Yoda would be so sweet.  I hope you get them so I can kick myself in the head later.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 25, 2007, 12:44 PM »
Well they're on the west-coast.  So I don't expect them to be open for another hour or two.  They might not be open at all on a Sunday.  The photograph of the store looks like it's in a mall though - so I'm going to call them again in an hour or two and see if I can get someone to confirm (or cancel) my order.  There is a hold for the amount that I ordered showing up on my bank page... so as long as they actually have those items, it seems to be all good - not that they're going to actually have any of that in stock of course.   :-\

I'll update when I get solid info.

Looks like the mall opens at 1:00 my time, 11:00 on the west coast... going to call soon.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 01:45 PM by Rob »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 25, 2007, 01:58 PM »
If they have them, order a couple of Vaders and Yodas. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 25, 2007, 02:02 PM »
If they have them, I'll ask them to add whatever they've got of each to my existing order - don't get your hopes up though.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 02:04 PM by Rob »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 25, 2007, 02:06 PM »
No, hopes not up, but it sure would be cool.  My luck would be they'd have one of each.  LOL.  And I'll get you to send them to Jim in Minneapolis and have him send them up to me ;)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 25, 2007, 02:13 PM »
Well no answer so far - I did manage to find the mall they're at, and call the mall - the mall opened at 11:00 pacific (pacific right?), and the Nostalgia store is still listed in their directory.  All indications are that it's a real business.

The inventory question still stands though.

I'm going to call them again at 30 past the hour.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: February 25, 2007, 02:27 PM »
Well I just spoke with Ken at Nostalgia in the Temecula Promenade Mall.

He was real friendly on the phone and he says that the website inventory was in a warehouse, and not in the store, so he couldn't guarantee that the items were in stock.  He took my name and number down and said that he or Doc (who handles the website) would call me sometime tomorrow with confirmations of what they do or do not have in stock.

So, no answer today - but they did promise me a full refund if I want it for any reason.

Everything about it says legit - there is just of course that one pesky thing of...is it really possible that they have these 2 and 3 year old items in stock still and that no one else snatched them all up before now.

I still doubt it.

I'll post whatever I find out when I find out.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 25, 2007, 04:29 PM »
I doubt it too, it's extremely, extremely unlikely.  But it can happen.  I've been talking with someone that quite likely has only the second known carded vintage 12 Back DT Obi-Wan Kenobi that they just found in a box (not locally) and how bloody likely was that to happen? 

Great news if it works out, no surprise if it doesn't. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 25, 2007, 05:55 PM »
I called the store regarding the first edition Darth Vader.  They looked up the stock number in their computer and it came up as out of stock.  Oh well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 25, 2007, 06:08 PM »
That's what I expect to happen, although the guy insisted that he couldn't tell what was in the warehouse from his store.

So I'm going to hang onto a slim possibility until I hear from the warehouse - but like I keep saying, my expectation is that I'll be canceling my massive order once they get back to me tomorrow.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 26, 2007, 06:10 PM »
If they do have those items in stock hopefully they have enough to go around for the lot of us who want them.  I have a few looking at that list I want/need for cheap prices.

Edit: Just took a look and it seems that none of them appear to be in stock. 
Here's the information for the Yoda
Item Id: 6017227
Price: $45.00
In Stock: 0
Qty :    

All of them seem to be like that. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 06:13 PM by Darth Kenobi »