Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 357929 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts
« Reply #2130 on: March 28, 2009, 03:33 PM »
There is pre-order for people attending the show.  Check the Gentle Giant site for details.  I never go to Comic Con, so I'm not sure what all the rules are but I know it's one per customer and you have to be there in person with the credit card that paid for it.  So, I can't buy one and have someone else pick it up.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: April 2, 2009, 05:06 PM »
Picked up the TIE pilot today... great bust.  The comic shop mixed something up though and they didn't have the variant for me... so if anyone gets one that they want to sell for cost (long shot I know), let me know.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: April 2, 2009, 05:37 PM »
I have a question for those of you who have been to Comic-Con. This will be my first time and I have a one-day pass for Saturday. Will I even be able to get the exclusive mini-bust(s)? Also, is there a way for people who are attending to pre-order the busts for pick up at the show? I've just heard so many horror stories of convention exclusives I want to be sure to see if there's a way to make the process any easier.

Thanks in advance! :)

Having been to Comic Con quite a few times I can say that if you plan on getting the GG Exclusives, get your preorder in with them. I wouldn't try to wing it and just pick them up at the show because you will be seriously disappointed. GG's booth is usually a nightmare and they aren't very good about controlling the chaos. They should start their preorder about two weeks before the show in July. Also, if you only have a one day pass, make sure you get to their booth EARLY before the preorder pickups start, they only bring so much product in each day and will only fulfil a certain number of orders. It's happened to me before and they just tell you, "come back tomorrow"  ???.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: April 2, 2009, 10:12 PM »
Thanks for the info guys! :)

I will definitely be trying to get my pre-order in before the show.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: April 5, 2009, 12:40 AM »
Premier Guild Members can now log in and pre-order the Exclusive Hoth Han Solo Mini-Bust (Blue Coat Version).
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2135 on: April 5, 2009, 09:46 AM »
Just logged in, didnt see anything for the Han bust.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: April 5, 2009, 11:21 AM »
I'm not buying the blue-coat, and I'm seriously considering selling my Malak and Clone Obi-wan and canceling my TFU 2-pack pre-order so I can stick to film pieces.

Gentle Giant has the same dollar signs in their eyes that Hasbro got when they realized they could repaint just about anything and sell it over and over.  It was one thing when they were making clone variants, but coat color variants?  Give me a break.

It goes against their mission statement to a degree too.

"Gentle Giant digitally captures the likenesses of actors, props, and scenery to accurately recreate these images for fans and collectors everywhere."

I don't blame them, but I'm done facilitating it.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2009, 12:47 PM by Rob »

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: April 5, 2009, 12:38 PM »
Just logged in, didnt see anything for the Han bust.

Once you've logged in, click on the Star Wars Logo. Both the Magma Trooper Statue and the Hoth Han Mini-Bust should show up.
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: April 5, 2009, 02:01 PM »
I'm not buying the blue-coat, and I'm seriously considering selling my Malak and Clone Obi-wan and canceling my TFU 2-pack pre-order so I can stick to film pieces.

Gentle Giant has the same dollar signs in their eyes that Hasbro got when they realized they could repaint just about anything and sell it over and over.  It was one thing when they were making clone variants, but coat color variants?  Give me a break.

Isn't the clone Obi-Wan accurate to the cartoon though?  I realize it's not a 'true' film in that sense, but isn't it still accurate to some degree?  I've stayed away from EU stuff with the exception of Mara Jade for the most part.  I should probably go look at my collection before stating that...

As for the blue coat, I get your point Rob, but that's been a long standing debate so I'd allow them that variation and it doesn't strike me quite as hard as it does you.  I completely get your point about the dollar signs, but I think this could be considered more movie-accurate than most other variations.  I haven't decided yet on the Hoth busts, but think I'll pass on them all save the Snowtrooper.  Were I to get the Han (which would mean I'd have to get the Luke) I'd opt for one coat color and be done with it. 

My plan all along was to get only Imperials in the mini-bust line.  That went in the crapper when they Con/Club exclusives included Luke/Han in stormtrooper armor, but even those I could justify.  Yoda/Obi/Mara are the real exceptions to my rule but beyond that, I just stick to the bad guys. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: April 5, 2009, 03:40 PM »
I hear you, but the brown/blue coat thing was settled, definitively a long time ago. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: April 5, 2009, 04:54 PM »
Blue, right?  ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: April 5, 2009, 05:30 PM »
Exactly.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: April 7, 2009, 11:21 AM »
So now I'm going to be a wishy-washy *******, but I finally saw pictures of the blue one and I like it.

I definitely don't want to buy two... but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just buy the blue one and forget about the accurate one.

Someone tell me what to do.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2143 on: April 7, 2009, 01:22 PM »
Go for the blue  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old