Collectibles > Gentle Giant

Gentle Giant Mini-Busts

<< < (473/474) > >>

Rob:

--- Quote from: drewlam on July 11, 2013, 12:57 PM ---Hmm, just looked into the premier guild, and it's a possibility I suppose.  If I can wait until the Fett is available and then use the $30 for him then it's more appealing.  Otherwise the $80 is pretty pricey to add to the $150. 

--- End quote ---

Brent pretty much already said this, but in fairness to GG, that $80 also gets you your choice of Holo Vader or Mace Windu Mini-Busts (or a large scale vintage Rocket Firing Fett).  Last year it was the RFT, that (for me at least) I'd have bought anyway. 

And you get access to other goodies throughout the year.

So I don't think it's entirely fair to consider that $80 part of the cost of the Fett.  You could very easily get the Windu or what not and get most, if not all, of that $80 back.

drewlam:
So I broke down and got the membership - used the free gift on the Marvel War Machine bust and then took $10 off the Boba.  Man, that shipping is a killer - $46 to get Boba shipped!!!  Ah well, he's the last of the ESB bounty hunters that I needed.  I'll keep telling myself that.

Dave:
Bah!  I just got the Ree-Yees bust and am a little annoyed.

First, the sculpt is great and I love OT aliens.  That is pretty much all I get.

Its also nice that they provide interchangeable arms (one with a blaster in hand and one with nothing in hand).  Unfortunately the other hand has a drink in it that isn't removable.  So if you put the blaster in one hand you still have a drink in the other, which looks pretty goofy in my opinion - it looks like he's defending his blue beverage.

It would have been nice to provide a removeable drink/hand/arm.

Oh well, I guess the blaster arm gets shoved back in the box and Ree-Yees can chill without his blaster next to Lando, Boushh, Droopy McCool and gang on my shelf.

Dave:
Anybody still collect these?

I collected about 40 of these in the first ten years of this line, but with rising costs and a little less interest I haven't bought more than a couple select ones in the past few years. 

You used to be able to get these for about $60 apiece, and if you were patient you could get some of the less interesting ones for $35 on eBay.  These days I think they all are over $120 and some of the more interesting ones require their Guild Membership, which is a bit of a scam unless you're serious about the line.

When you're talking about $120+ I think I'm more interested in getting select figures from Sideshow vs. Gentle Giant busts.

I've got a whole Billy cabinet full of these and am thinking about selling them off as I'm tired of the Billy cabinet stuck in a corner.  Thoughts on what other collectors have done with theirs?

Rob:
I do.  I have probably 220 of them now?  I just bought a tenth Detolf cabinet and need to rearrange everything to space them out.  I’ll probably have to switch this up at some point though to OT only or something slightly less than what I’ve been doing.  Even in the new house with the basement I only have so much room.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version