Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 354520 times)

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Gentle Giants bust confirmed
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2003, 02:36 PM »
BDW,  don't say that man, you might jinx it!

I am kind of afraid they might do something like a Sandtrooper versiona s an exclusive at a show.

Hope they don't do it at San Diego and reward Chicago since they got screwed this time around and offer it only at Chicago.

Jango Fettish

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2003, 03:57 PM »
Come to think of it, I just watched A New Hope. I may have to get that Tarkin bust afterall.

Know what's strange? His chairback height changed in the movie twice, and it was changed on the bust as well. It's kind of confusing.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2003, 04:32 PM »
I have to say that after seeing the Tarkin up close, it was one of the most impressive and accurate replicas I have ever seen.

If only 12" could some how be made to this quality.

The Biker Scout looked great too, but they had a big note on him saying he wasn't done yet. He's got his gun pointing at you.   :)
Got Clones?

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2003, 04:59 PM »
BDW,  don't say that man, you might jinx it!

I am kind of afraid they might do something like a Sandtrooper versiona s an exclusive at a show.

Hope they don't do it at San Diego and reward Chicago since they got screwed this time around and offer it only at Chicago.

If they would have said Sandtroopers, then I would be kind of concerned. But since its just a Stormie (I doubt theyd release a Sandtrooper before a Stormtrooper), we can pretty much count on there being just one version
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Clone Trooper Bust ?
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2003, 08:27 PM »
Just had a question for those that have ordered the Clone cases.  Have you CC being billed and you case ship.  I ask because I think I bought a case over at AFX but I can't remeber if I actually went through with it or not.  I confussed because I changed ISP and lost my email address that I had used and forgot to change the email address for the order.  I know my CC hasn't being billed so I figure I didn't order the case or I did but didn't get it because of a limit or something.  I guess I could always email them and see if they have my CC on file or not.  

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Trooper Bust ?
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2003, 08:39 PM »
If you ordered from AFX, you can go to the order status menu, log into Yahoo, and see a summary of all your orders. AFX billed me about a week before they shipped the case.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2003, 10:57 PM »
JoshEEE,

I asked the Gentle Giant guy at Chicago about that.  I asked him what was it that wasn't final.  He said it was the sculpt for the helmet.  He said there is another one they culpted which is more movie accurate.  I didn't inspect it with my microscope so I guess we'll have to wait and see

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2003, 11:56 AM »
Gentle Giants has made a few updates on their site....

*Tarking bust will be limited to 6000 pieces
*Greedo bust will be limited to 5500 pieces
*many of the busts web availability status have changed to sold out....curious since they never were on sale on their site
*winner of the "Get Cloned!" contest at SDCC

I have sent Gentle Giants about 5 e-mails at different times to their ccostuner service dept and have still not gotten a response, I will try calling them today...will keep you all posted

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 2, 2003, 02:24 PM »
Well I got mine in today from New Force Comics.....here are my pics:

Now all I need is an extra white one to customize into this...

This image was done by a guy on Jedi Council Forums at www.theforce.net with Photohsop

And here is my collection:
« Last Edit: September 2, 2003, 02:29 PM by Gundam »

Offline boba_jp

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Slave1
TOMY-D GG Mini Bust Resale (Vader,Yoda,Boba,Jango)
« Reply #54 on: September 2, 2003, 11:41 PM »
Resale of "GG mini bust" is scheduled for the spring of next year from TOMY-DIRECT.

Vader, Boba, Jango, Yoda.

A pose is due to be changed a little.
Probably, it may become limitation of Japan.
The limited number is not understood yet.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2003, 11:42 PM by boba_jp »
-------
Boba Fett Collection Site "Slave1"

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2003, 07:39 PM »
I NEED HELP!!!

Does anyone here have an extra Red and / or Yellow Clone Trooper Bust that they want to sell!?!I only got the White Clonetrooper. I am in desperate need of the Red and Yellow Clonetrooper. Does anyone know where I may be able to get X1 of each?

Any help would be great!
Thank You.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2003, 07:55 PM »
I NEED HELP!!!

Does anyone here have an extra Red and / or Yellow Clone Trooper Bust that they want to sell!?!I only got the White Clonetrooper. I am in desperate need of the Red and Yellow Clonetrooper. Does anyone know where I may be able to get X1 of each?

Any help would be great!
Thank You.

David, wish I could help you out there, but I don't own any busts.  You might want to post a message in the Classified section, where it will get more notice.  Good luck bro!   ;)
dustrho

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2003, 10:32 AM »
Well I am not paying $149.00+ for the Red Clone Trooper Bust on the internet. I am so mad that my comic store screwed up my order.  >:(

Well thanks to a friend I have the Yellow Clone Trooper now.

OK. Can anybody send me a really good image of the Red Clone Trooper? I need to find out what color is the Red. I have an extra White Clone Trooper that I was going to paint Green but now I am going to do Red. I might buy another White Trooper to paint Green.
I will have to settle for a custom instead of the real thing.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Questions from a GG mini-bust virgin.
« Reply #58 on: April 4, 2004, 02:50 PM »
Alright, so I've always thought the mini-busts suck (too small, ridiculously expensive, even more ridiculously-exclusive, etc.), and then, of course, they have to go and come out with the wicked awesome Stormtrooper.

I know they're not due for a few months, but where's the best place to get one of these from?  The Gentle Giant website?  Some other online retailer?  Ebay?

And is this something I'm going to have to preorder months in advance, or is it something I can pick up when/after they come out?

Advice?

Thanks for the help, fellas.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Questions from a GG mini-bust virgin.
« Reply #59 on: April 4, 2004, 09:52 PM »
Ditto from me!   ;)

I've tried to avoid this line for similar reasons, but that Stormtrooper does look pretty damned cool, and is starting to call to me...  Make him go away please!   :'(

I have seen some of these busts at conventions for close to retail, so that's an option if you've got any conventions in your area.  Other than that, no idea...