Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 358342 times)

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #1110 on: June 11, 2006, 04:02 PM »
thats exactly how I feel DSM. I already collect the SSC statues and I too am seriously considering scraping this line altogether and selling of the peices I do have... I probably won't though as theres just too many good peices coming out this year for me to resist.
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 13, 2006, 10:31 PM »
I finally got an order number today!!   ;D

I hope you get the bust, a lot are not going to get it. Anyone else that got in the order... best of luck.  :-\

GENTLE GIANT CANCELED MY ORDER!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 13, 2006, 11:41 PM »
I think Im fine now that I didnt get one. Had I gotten all the way through and got that email I would be pretty pissed off. Even though they are offering another bust in it's place.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 14, 2006, 12:21 AM »
Sweet deal though for them screwing up.  I know it's frustrating and I'm not suggesting anyone's complaints are invalid but the way I read that is you get guaranteed access to three exlusive busts PLUS a free bust?  Not half bad.  Oh sure, you're majorly shafted on the BHS bust, but you can offload the Malfoy and you've got access to Mara and the Shocktrooper that otherwise you probably wouldn't have had. 

I know they suck for not being able to handle things like Sideshow, but it's no worse than Master Replicas - who still hasn't sent me a plaque, has never responded to repeated emails to customer service and they double billed on my Collector's Club membership resulting in me paying double customs fees for a ****** mini saber.

I'd certainly lean to Sideshow as the best control situation, but at least GG is making an effort.  MR is in league with Amazon ::)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 03:16 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 14, 2006, 02:52 AM »
"During the busy ordering process for the Blackhole Stormtrooper mini bust, Gentle Giant LTD’s online store experienced several technical issues that resulted in an imperfect ordering experience and a poor method of order-taking."

I don't know which is more pathetic - GG's inability to handle online orders or MR's problems with their helmets (damage and numbering).  ::)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1115 on: June 14, 2006, 10:01 AM »
Man this whole situation seems to be a huge mess. Thank god i do not collect busts. I actually considered trying for this one just becuase it looked cool, glad i didnt. I guess its nice that they will be giving a free gift and another exclusive but this is all still insane.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 14, 2006, 11:15 AM »
Well, I received my e-mail from GG cancelling my order. Words cannot express how pissed I am about that ****! I will say that it softens the blow a little when they state that I'm "GUARANTEED" to have the next exclusives made available to me given I was a little worried about that Mara Jade bust. I guess it's time to go check their site and see what bust I'm going to pick as my "free gift" ::).

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 14, 2006, 11:47 AM »
Sorry to hear that Ray.  What a cluster****?  GG can learn a lot from Sideshow on how to handle exclusives.  They've been doing this for 4 years now and still don't know what to do.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 14, 2006, 05:16 PM »
I saw that thread earlier Dale.  Really ****** if you ask me.  I'm not keeping my hopes high for a BHS bust now.  I did get my order # and they charged my card on the 10th (I got my order in 7 mins after it went on sale) but until I get a ship notification I'm just assuming the worst.  I saw first hand at C3 last year how incompetent GG is and twice now at CC so I can't say I'm surprised by this.  I just hope I can get a Shock Trooper at CC cause I want that one bad. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 05:20 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 14, 2006, 05:22 PM »
Were I one of the individuals that got that email, I'd be asking for a ROTS Utapau clone bust as my freebie.  They haven't shipped yet, so there may be some around. 

I think my wish list would look like the following:

Christmas sandtrooper :P
Blue clone from AOTC
First Vader
Utapau clone
red AOTC clone
yellow AOTC clone
1st Yoda
501st clone
chrome Vader
cooked Vader

The crazy thing about the list is almost all of those are listed as out of stock on GG's website.  I'm sure most are gone, but some have to be hanging about, especially the newer stuff.  I didn't like the line about "a bust of their choice".  Guess they'll be dumping a fair number of new Yoda/Vader/Han. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 14, 2006, 11:47 PM »
They really have screwed the pooch on this one, haven't they?  Sorry to hear about the cancellations guys.  Welcome to the world of the disappointed, disillusioned Gentle Giant collector.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 15, 2006, 01:57 PM »
I would imagine that if you haven't received the e-mail from them yet, you're probably not going to. They most likely compiled the list of those they oversold to and disbursed the e-mail all at once. Lucky B@stards!!! ;) Anyway, this was my "wish" list to GG:

1. 2006 Holiday Exclusive (I figured, "ah what the hell")
2. Artist Proof Blackhole Stormtrooper  ;)
3. Artist Proof Shock Trooper
4. Artist Proof Mara Jade
5. ROTS Emperor Palpatine
6. Darth Maul
7. Revenge of the Sith Clone Trooper (Orange)
8. General Grievous
9. Count Dooku
10. Mace Windu

I made sure to put the AP in front of Mara and Shock since I will still be taking advantage of them giving us priority on those as well. I didn't go too overboard like a SDCC Clone bust or something like that (even though I still need them) since I KNOW those are long gone by now. We'll see how I do.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 15, 2006, 03:18 PM »
No cancellation email yet *knock on wood.*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: June 15, 2006, 03:20 PM »

1. 2006 Holiday Exclusive (I figured, "ah what the hell")
2. Artist Proof Blackhole Stormtrooper  ;)
3. Artist Proof Shock Trooper
4. Artist Proof Mara Jade
5. ROTS Emperor Palpatine
6. Darth Maul
7. Revenge of the Sith Clone Trooper (Orange)
8. General Grievous
9. Count Dooku
10. Mace Windu

You'll be getting a Palpatine.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 15, 2006, 04:08 PM »
Well I just got my first Bust - ROTS Vader (with the helmet on).  I must say I'm extremely impressed.

:)