Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 357085 times)

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #1125 on: June 15, 2006, 11:23 PM »
Uh-oh! Now you're in trouble! :o

They are very addicting. ;D
Congrats!

Offline bluesnaggletooth1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 22, 2006, 12:56 AM »
Got the Blackhole Stormtrooper bust via FedEx today - #936. It is damn cool.

Snags

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 22, 2006, 08:35 PM »
Who's got the best price on the 3 pak of Clone busts?

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #1128 on: June 22, 2006, 09:05 PM »
Got the Blackhole Stormtrooper bust via FedEx today - #936. It is damn cool.

Snags

Congrats! A few folks who thought their orders did not go through are ending up with very pleasant surprises.  Any luck here?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 23, 2006, 10:37 AM »
Who's got the best price on the 3 pak of Clone busts?

I don't know if there are any three packs of clones left available Jason, most sites I've been to are sold out of three packs.  Amazingtoyz.com had them for $149 :o but I missed that too.  I ordered a box of six from talesofwonder.com for $250 instead.  BBTS had a decent price, but I haven't checked lately on whether they have them still or not, I'd doubt it :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 23, 2006, 01:19 PM »
Thanks Brent.  I'll probably just go for the Utapau and 501st busts then.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 23, 2006, 01:25 PM »
I'm not sure if GG has ever had them up for sale on their site yet, so that might be an option.  Whenever I go there I get the standard not available message. 

You should be able to get the grunt bust pretty cheap too, around $30 or less on ebay later. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 25, 2006, 01:00 PM »
The good thing about these clones is that they're going to be more plentiful than the AOTC Clone Troopers.  There's a considerably larger production run on the entire run of clones, even if the cases pack out the same way.

AOTC Clone Trooper case
3 x Deluxe Clone Trooper (white) - 3,750 pieces
2 x Deluxe Clone Trooper Commander (yellow) - 2,500 pieces
1 x Deluxe Clone Trooper Captain (red) - 1,250 pieces

ROTS Clone Trooper case
3 x Clone Trooper ROTS (White) - 7,500 of 15,000 pieces
2 x 501st Special Ops Trooper (Blue) - 5,000 of 15,000 pieces
1 x Utapau Trooper (Deluxe) - 2,500 of 15,000 pieces

I'm glad to see that they doubled the production run for these clones.  Right now, the red AOTC Clone Trooper is arguable THE most expensive, non-exclusive production mini-bust on the market.  It easily fetches over $400 on the secondary market.  So if you're a serious mini-bust collector then be sure to get in on the ground floor for the Utapau Clone.  Even with a production run that's double the size of the red AOTC Clone Trooper, the Utapau Clone is going to be one of the more sought after pieces for the next year or so.

I ordered a case of these Clones.  I got a good deal, and the Clones came to about $38 a piece.  I already had someone preorder the extra 501st Clone from me, and I'm sure I'll get some takers on the white Clone Troopers.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 25, 2006, 03:47 PM »
I tried to find a set early on as well, right after SWS.com put theirs up individually (a fiasco in and of itself).  BBTS had a good price until they realized how hot the sets were and how many white clones they'd end up stuck with, so they jumped the price up to near $200.  Well for $50+ more I got a case from talesofwonder.com and all I have left to unload at this point is a single white clone.  But I managed to get my Utapau for pretty reasonable pricing this way. 

I'm fairly annoyed with myself because I don't have any of the AOTC clones. 

It's interesting though, you mention that the red clone is running at $400 or so per item.  What does that mean for the future of the black hole stormtrooper with a run of only 1000?  Will it move up from it's current price, or will it stabilize in the same range?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 07:49 PM by Morgbug »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 25, 2006, 08:53 PM »

It's interesting though, you mention that the red clone is running at $400 or so per item.  What does that mean for the future of the black hole stormtrooper with a run of only 1000?  Will it move up from it's current price, or will it stabilize in the same range?

The BHS is probably going to be in the AOTC blue & red Clone Trooper price range, if not higher.  Not good news for most of us who didn't score one.  And historically the price on the two aforementioned pieces has only climbed.  Now may be the time to get a BHS on ePay if you're seriously thinking about getting one.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1135 on: June 26, 2006, 10:22 PM »
From the GG blog:

Chewbacca mini bust - 7000 pieces

I guess I should have no problem tracking down a cheap Chewie to go with my $17.50 Han from Amazon.   ;D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1136 on: June 28, 2006, 10:38 AM »
Once again from the GG blog:

Shocktrooper Mini-Bust with Shocktrooper Bust-Up - 3500 pieces
Mara Jade - 2000 pieces

Also of note...

We are feverishly working on getting all systems in place (without encountering those pesky errors) to take pre-orders online for our San Diego Convention Exclusives. We hope to have an announcement if this will be possible by next week.

Sounds like they want to try to set up an on-line pre-order for the SDCC stuff (like Sideshow does)... hope it works out better than that Blackhole fiasco or I would hate to be one of the poor shlubs at the GG booth.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 28, 2006, 10:53 AM »
If they pull off a preorder for the SDCC exclusives I will have a worry free trip this year (that's assuming I can get an order in). At that point the only things I won't have preordered is the Hasbro exclusives.

I'm sure MANY are not going to be happy about that Mara Jade edition size. Thankfully if GG holds their end I won't have to worry about it  ;D.

As for the Blackhole Stormtrooper fiasco, has anyone that received the order cancellation received their e-mail yet regarding what bust they'll be receiving for free? They said it would be this week so I'm curious. I'm anxious to see which they give me.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 10:55 AM by Bobafett77 »

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 28, 2006, 11:09 AM »
Hopefully the preordering of the Shocktrooper runs smoothly.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 28, 2006, 01:28 PM »
That's great news that they are actually willing to do a pre-order.  If they do and it's run as smoothly as Sideshow's 12" Vader, then I'm set for a BS free time of picking up exclusives, aside from perhaps the ACME character key exclusives.