Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 354519 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #1260 on: September 8, 2006, 10:25 AM »
!@#$%^&*()%#& 

The ONE bust I wanted.  I never got an email either.  If anyone wants to trade a BHS for Mara, drop me a pm.  I never took it out of the box yet for just this reason.  Stupid ******' Gentle Giant...... >:(

Beth- Im trying to work out a trade for a Mara if the one I bought doesn't go through. If I end up with two I sell it to you one for cost.

Hey Beth, I'll have an extra Mara (assuming my order goes through). I picked it up for trading so if Robb ends up not being able to help you maybe we can work a trade.

Hey Ray,
If Beth gets her Mara from Robb and doesn't need yours will you consider sell it to me.  If not no problem. 

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: September 8, 2006, 10:44 AM »
Anyone have an extra Utapau Clone bust for cost? Or at least under 90 bucks?
I remember my dream now.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: September 8, 2006, 12:55 PM »
!@#$%^&*()%#& 

The ONE bust I wanted.  I never got an email either.  If anyone wants to trade a BHS for Mara, drop me a pm.  I never took it out of the box yet for just this reason.  Stupid ******' Gentle Giant...... >:(

Beth- Im trying to work out a trade for a Mara if the one I bought doesn't go through. If I end up with two I sell it to you one for cost.

Hey Beth, I'll have an extra Mara (assuming my order goes through). I picked it up for trading so if Robb ends up not being able to help you maybe we can work a trade.

Hey Ray,
If Beth gets her Mara from Robb and doesn't need yours will you consider sell it to me.  If not no problem. 

Pm sent you way, Tom.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: September 8, 2006, 02:10 PM »
Anyone have an extra Utapau Clone bust for cost? Or at least under 90 bucks?

I think you're going to be hard pressed on that one unfortunately.  I still recall the conversations on 'Scum when guys were gloating they'd ordered 6 or more from SWS.com when they were released (and sold out really quickly).  Suffice to say their motives weren't altruistic in nature. 

It's the whole reason I bought a case of them.  I looked really hard on the net during the week SWS.com put them up and I couldn't find a single anywhere.  I think BBTS bumped their price on a set of three twice in a couple of days and suddenly it made as much sense to buy the case as to buy a set.  I think the difference was only something like $80 for three other busts. 

Case ratio, as I'm sure you know is 3 white, 2 501st, 1 Utapau.   :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: September 8, 2006, 02:16 PM »
Yeah I know Im probably assed out, but I thought I would give it a try. I've seen a few people get extras just to sell on ebay instead of helping people out. Which is greedy but expected I guess.  ???
« Last Edit: September 8, 2006, 03:04 PM by MetalJedi »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: September 8, 2006, 10:14 PM »
There is a site in australia called www.kingscomics.com that has the orange clone trooper for $110 aussie which with current exchange rate about $85 US , factor in that for international orders they should drop the gst you should get it reasonable cheap , the only killer will be shipping but it couldnt hurt to ask.

The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: September 8, 2006, 11:46 PM »
There is a site in australia called www.kingscomics.com that has the orange clone trooper for $110 aussie which with current exchange rate about $85 US , factor in that for international orders they should drop the gst you should get it reasonable cheap , the only killer will be shipping but it couldnt hurt to ask.

Hey thanks! I'll give it a shot.
I remember my dream now.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: September 10, 2006, 04:05 PM »

Just wanted to let you (and everyone else) know that I received a nice surprise from my daugher (and husband) this morning.  She secretly bid on a bust for me and when I got home today, she had printed out the auction and emailed me it.  Jay knew about it as he gave his cc number to her to pay for it.  I am thrilled to finally have one and want to thank everyone here for trying to get me this one item I truly wanted for my collection.  I really appreciate the responses here as well as the pm's. 

*insert giant hug here to everyone*  THANKS!!!!!!!!!!
Beth

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
« Reply #1268 on: September 10, 2006, 05:19 PM »
Finally picked up a gammorean gaurd only other back tracking I want to do now is a Scout trooper and maybe Tarkin.
I havent got a Boba Fett and never will at that price but I'm hoping they release another one like they have Jango.
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: September 10, 2006, 11:25 PM »
Just wanted to let you (and everyone else) know that I received a nice surprise from my daugher (and husband) this morning.  She secretly bid on a bust for me and when I got home today, she had printed out the auction and emailed me it.

8)  Family rocks.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: September 11, 2006, 02:47 PM »
Well I just got my Mara bust, after not getting any type of email from GG. I guess I should consider myself lucky.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: September 11, 2006, 04:08 PM »
My Mara showed up via Fedex today as well. I was totally expecting not to receive any kind of shipping notice from GG (since it's happened numerous times before) but surprisingly received one on Saturday. Given the speediness of the shipping time I think GG may actually be making an effort to improve their business practices. Now if they could only get that online checkout process working properly...

Offline DarhJin

• Youngling
  • A Vader Slappin' good time!
    • View Profile
Utapau Bust from BT. Anyone...Anyone?
« Reply #1272 on: September 13, 2006, 11:48 AM »
Well we all know that the FREE, "sorry we screwed ya" white clones are shipping from BT, but has anyone who's order wasn't canceled got their Utapau clone yet? Or has anoyne recieved any sort of tracking or shipping info?

Just curious..... ???
"I think I have the SITH SENSE..I see DARTH people."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: September 13, 2006, 12:26 PM »
Not a slam or anything, but I don't understand why people continue to order from someone who continues to screw over collectors.
I remember my dream now.

Offline DarhJin

• Youngling
  • A Vader Slappin' good time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: September 13, 2006, 12:37 PM »
I'm just curious to see how many, if any, BT actually sold to those who pre-ordered.  8)
"I think I have the SITH SENSE..I see DARTH people."