Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 354462 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #1455 on: February 26, 2007, 08:40 PM »
Well aren't I the jackass... I didn't even notice the quantity instock # right there.

Although it's a little irresponsible of them to leave that crap on their website when there is a zero percent chance that they'll ever get them in again.  And I think it's pretty dumb that my order was allowed to go through when nothing is in stock.

Oh well - as noted many times, seemed way too good to be true and I didn't expect it to actually happen.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: February 26, 2007, 10:28 PM »
While I was speaking with one of these guys on the phone I overheard him telling the person who I think is his webguy to update the website with some sold out indications.  Oh well.  :(
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: February 26, 2007, 11:49 PM »
As well they should.  I think they were reluctant to cancel mine right away for hopes that they could call up the distributors and just order more.  It's pretty clear that Star Wars is a small bit of their overall business and they don't really know too much about the GG products.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: February 27, 2007, 04:04 PM »
Well I just spoke with Ken again - he says that they did have to pull everything from their website, but that was because after I talked about it here they got 15 or 16 orders all at once that they can't fill.

He said that when he spoke to the warehouse yesterday, he was told that they think they can fill 60 to 70% of my order.  I'm sure that if there's anything left it won't be the Vader, Yoda, Boba Fett, or Biker Scouts... but at least this saga is interesting still.

Most of me still expects to be told that the entire order has to be canceled - but we'll see.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 04:08 PM by Rob »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: February 27, 2007, 04:32 PM »
What all did you order Rob? 

I can see the Vader/Yoda/Fett team being long gone from stock, but maybe not some other stuff.  Strange things pop up in strange places, so who knows. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: February 27, 2007, 04:48 PM »
I ordered everything except for Gammorean Guard, Tarkin, and X-Wing Luke.  But I'm going to re-tool my order when I find out exactly what they do or do not have.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 05:04 PM by Rob »

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: February 27, 2007, 05:09 PM »
 :( I was wanting the Obi and Mace,but out of stock :( I do hope GG does a ROTS Obi.I could have picked all those up at CII 75.00 for the Obi and Mace.I could kick myself now >:( :-X
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: February 28, 2007, 09:32 PM »
Moving forward to the present, the Plo Koon mini-bust is now in stores!  I picked up mine at my local comic shop today.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: February 28, 2007, 10:06 PM »
 ;D Good! mine should be arriving anyday now!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: March 1, 2007, 02:49 PM »
There's finally a worthwhile update to my ongoing saga with Nostalgia.

He's got a Threepio, a Greedo, and a Bossk.  I'm going to take the Bossk and Greedo at $45 each.

So, not the deal of a lifetime, but a solid price for Greedo nonetheless.

He has a supplier who is on vacation this week that he will be trying to contact when he gets back on Sunday to see if there's anything else he can scrape together (because he clearly wants to sell me these things...) but I doubt there will be any more to it.

He's going to credit me for the entire order, and then re-charge me for the pair.

Here's the details of this get-started shopping spree I've been on.

Already Had:

IG-88
X-Wing Luke
Chewbacca

Have now added:

ROTS Clone (White)
Leia (Boushh)
Lando (Skiff)
Han Solo
Yoda (ESB)
Darth Maul
Sandtrooper (White Pauldron)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Gamorrean Guard

Have won or purchased and already paid for:
Greedo
Stormtrooper
Threepio (Gold)
Vader (ROTS Version)
Grievous
Plo Koon
Qui-Gon
Sandtrooper (Orange)
Biker Scout
501st Clone
Bossk

And I've got a local place all lined up to do pre-orders on future busts.  They do 15% off for pre-orders.  I'll pay tax, but save a bunch on shipping...

My short list that I'm targeting now is the Biker Scout, and if a freelance job I'm hoping to land next week comes in, Boba Fett.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2007, 06:16 PM by Rob »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: March 4, 2007, 12:08 AM »
That's quite the build up ya got there Rob. How do you have them displayed (or will you have them displayed)?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: March 4, 2007, 11:51 AM »
I bought some 8" shelves yesterday.  I'm going to move the Large Legos to the top shelf of the other wall above the regular legos, then put 3 or 4 of these 8" deep shelves where the big legos were - it will be just GG busts in that spot.

I'll update the photos once it fills out a little.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: March 5, 2007, 09:35 AM »
Rob's on a mission!

You've got balls going down a new avenue...but it's a nice one to travel...from what I've seen.

;)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: March 5, 2007, 11:27 AM »
I did a little bit of a garage sale on ebay the other week... so while I've spent a lot on busts at this point, only about a third of it was out of pocket, which I can stomach.

It's definitely a very expensive end of the hobby though, especially when you missed out on lots of these at their initial prices. 
« Last Edit: March 5, 2007, 11:34 AM by Rob »

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: March 5, 2007, 11:34 AM »
It's definitely a very expensive end of the hobby though, especially when you missed out on lots of these at their initial prices. 

And it's that which made me drop this line as quickly as I started it. They're great pieces but at the rate that GG is pumping them out and the amount of exclusives on top of trying to catch up, I figured I was saving myself a headache. I kept Yoda and Chewie and i'm done, well until the Chewie exclusive comes out...  >:(
« Last Edit: March 5, 2007, 11:36 AM by Madcow »