Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 357208 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts
« Reply #1620 on: June 18, 2007, 10:40 PM »
I was thinking the same thing as well - then when what seemed like a solid opportunity to get one for less than half of what they're going for on eBay fell into my lap, I decided to risk it.

Should I win one through one of the raffles I can use this one as trade bait, maybe for an AOTC Yoda or ESB Vader or some other expensive bust that I'm still missing.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: June 18, 2007, 11:55 PM »
You'd have been crazy not to do that Rob, with Neyo especially.

I emailed my Japanese buddy to ask if he had any success.  I emailed him the day after the event and his response?  You have to ask before the event ::)  Yeah, that's what I did when these were first announced >:(  Like months ago?  Thanks for forgetting. 

Ah well, the raffle this week has suddenly become somewhat more important. 

I'm also entering for the b/w Luke maquette.  I have a b/w 3PO to trade for it if I don't luck out and anyone is interested.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: June 19, 2007, 12:11 AM »
I'm still wondering about how things will work out for Bly.  That one's going to be tough, too.  There should be enough of Cody to go around through various means:  at the show, helpers, raffle & 5-pack.

Thankfully Bacara is within grasp since I'm close enough to that show to actually attend.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: June 19, 2007, 12:57 AM »
Bly might be easy for me - if I can get a second Cody (which shouldn't be too much trouble) I've got two guys willing to trade me straight up Bly for Cody - if I can get a confirmed trade with the first guy, I'll pass the second one on to whichever one of you wants it more.

Baltimore is the only one I haven't figured out yet - hopefully it isn't too big a deal.  My plan for now is to try and get a 3rd Cody and hold one for a Bacara trade.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 12:58 AM by Rob »

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: June 19, 2007, 08:25 AM »
I still cant believe what a balls up this is.
Secondary market on these things is huge, surely they have to see what a balls up this is and move to fix the situation. Should have made them all 7000 pieces each so there would atleast be a chance of complete sets, they numbers they have done though ensure it wont happen.
I'm so happy I decided that I wasnt gonna do prequel busts, but trying to track tese down for mates here is an absolute nightmare.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: June 19, 2007, 12:59 PM »
Yeah - it doesn't make much sense to me either.  If the demand is for 6000, gentle giant could make and sell 6000, or they could limit it to 1500, making 25% of the potential profit and leaving the rest for the scalpers.

The one thing it does do though, is keep their product in demand and exclusive, and collectible.

And on that note - I got a tracking number for the Neyo today - so far so good.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 06:34 PM by Rob »

Offline gasman034

• Youngling
  • Things are not as pretty on the inside.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: June 19, 2007, 11:47 PM »
I had a disaster happen to me today...while removing my BHS Stormtrooper from its box to finally display it, I watched in horror as the contents fell to the floor.  A total of three fingers from the two right arms and the the sight on the long rifle broke off!  I almost started to cry.  Needless to say, I spent the rest of the afternoon repairing these, and I must say that the final result is acceptable--the crack lines are almost invisible even upon close inspection.  But, I am never going to be able to accept having a damaged BHS, especially since it took me so long to get it.  I know the chances are slim, but if there is anyone out there who would be willing to trade my two damaged (but repaired) arms and long rifle for their perfect ones, I can make it worth your while.  PM me if interested.  I will send pics of the damaged parts for your inspection and we can discuss terms.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: June 21, 2007, 07:26 PM »
Commander Neyo bust is now available for the raffle, a day early. Check your e-mail & hurry, I got in.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 07:28 PM by DSJ™ »

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: June 21, 2007, 07:37 PM »
Like most, entered for Neyo.  It's going to be very interesting to say the least with only 200 available.  Everyone, and their Grandmother, the pet dog, cat, and hamster are going to enter to try to cash in.

I'm already saving up, so when I lose, and when the profiteers flood ebay, I hope I can get one at a somewhat reasonable price.

In the end, I just hope that these go to as many collectors as possible.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: June 21, 2007, 08:31 PM »
Eventually they'll ALL go to collectors.

At what price is the only real question.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: June 22, 2007, 01:45 PM »
Just entered the raffle for Neyo and Luke.  Hopefully I can win this raffle and finally claim I got something by joining the PGM.  The only Bust I need to get through this raffle are Neyo and Bly since i will be in Baltimore during that Con.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: June 22, 2007, 02:23 PM »
I just got my Yoda that I won from the raffle. He's pretty sweet, but I don't know about $50 sweet. I think I prefered the $20 I paid for the regular version. But hey they make a nice set...  :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: June 22, 2007, 03:01 PM »
Neyo arrived today. :)

2 down, 3 to go...

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: June 22, 2007, 05:56 PM »
Thats some real sloppy looking paintwork on the helmut for that neyo.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: June 22, 2007, 06:57 PM »
 ???