Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 354494 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: OT Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2004, 05:58 PM »
That's freaking retarded.  Why not just one per person, period.  Why one per day?  As if people really needed to get more than one of them?  Hopefully they sell out the first day, so the idiots of the world out there don't get a chance to stockpile and scalp these things.

Lame.   ::)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2004, 07:28 PM »
I dunno, I wouldnt mind having a second one handy to trade down the road, in case I have trouble getting a different bust.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2004, 07:52 PM »
OK, two.  But that's my final offer, dammit!   :P

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2004, 10:10 AM »
Just got the Chrome Vader and Jango in the last couple of weeks. All I can say is Wow! (but REALLY wish the Vader was Silver like Jango!) A couple of trade friends hooked me up for reasonable prices, these are just great pieces.

I like the new Certificates of Authenticity the are offering. They are the size of a trading card, and will be a lot easier to store or display. Did the new Bossk come with the new COA?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2004, 02:04 PM »
Isn't it the 25th?  No release of the exclusive's yet that I can see :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2004, 02:58 PM »
Tried to order the luke stormie today, and had problems.  It says it accepts canadian orders, but doesn't seem set up to do so.  Then I tried ordering it and having it shipped to someone in the US, and it wouldn't accept my credit card.   >:(

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2004, 03:24 PM »
where were you able to order it? i don't see anything on their website about ordering one??

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2004, 06:45 PM »
Thanks for the head's up Sharon!  Hopefully everyone who I wasn't able to help out at Comic Con can get one now!

But why are the Bust-up sets $2 cheaper than at the Con?  That's lame...   ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2004, 08:32 PM »
SAme problem as Drew ::)  Taking lessons from SSw.com, I presume.  Or perhaps KBToys.com with their disdain for Canucks. 

I should be about four hours away from ordering a second, instead I'm waiting on my first. >:(

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2004, 09:56 PM »
Thanks for the head's up Sharon!  Hopefully everyone who I wasn't able to help out at Comic Con can get one now!

But why are the Bust-up sets $2 cheaper than at the Con?  That's lame...   ::)

I expect the difference covers California Sales Tax
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2004, 09:57 PM »
Yeah, and it gets better.  They finally fix the problem, and they're now sold out.  You've at least got one Brent, this was my shot at one.  It really ticks me off - I tried placing an order at 11:24am.  I immediately contacted their customer service, and by the time they sent me a response saying the problem is fixed there's no stock left.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2004, 10:08 PM »
not for nothing, but i don't live in canada, and i had a problem ordering one. i actually got one just the other day from wayne (reconsgt) right here at jd.com, but was hoping to pick up another for a friend who needed one.

so, i go through the process of ordering it, and get to the checkout screen. put in my name, address, etc. and my credit card info. click next - and i get an error. apparently, gentle giant's website is telling me that my credit card info that i entered doesn't match the info from my bank. workig at an e-tailer, i know that most e-tail businesses use a system where, when a customer places an order, it takes the customer's credit card number and billing/shipping address and checks it against the bank that issues the credit card. this is to cut down on fraud, when people steal credit card numbers.

so, i go back and check. my credit card (actually, it's a debit card. this is actually an important point, so remember this info) has my "full" name on it, including a middle initial. so, i adjust the name on the form, thinking this might be the problem. try to process again. nope. same thing.

so, i go back again, and look at my address. i notice that i forgot to put the apartment number on the address line. so i add that info. try to process again. still nothing.

so, out of desperation, i empty the cart, and do it all over again. still nothing. now, out of curiosity, i go to my bank website, and look at my account. even though i did not place an order, there is now over $300 of my money "on hold" according to my bank. with the end of the month here in like 5 days, and my rent due - i hope that gentle giant and my bank straighten this out, or i'm screwed  :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2004, 12:37 AM »
Let's see if SSW.com = GentleGiant.

You've at least got one Brent, this was my shot at one.
True.  At a cost of $85 US after shipping.  This one would have been $56 and helpful trade bait for ye olde Vader bust. 

But yeah, they fixed the problem, then I ran into the same problem Dave did.  All the info is correct, I've been at the same address for 7 years but no go.   >:(

My hope is they suspended sales pending the problems. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2004, 12:43 AM »
I ordered and everything went fine.  Puzzling.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback