Author Topic: Everything Walmart *  (Read 21243 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Everything Wal-Mart
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2008, 01:50 PM »
Otherwise we could just as easily say "Walmart is not evil - they intentionally did not kill any babies in 2007.  They even have policy saying that they do not kill babies."

Sadly, their policy is exactly the opposite of this, and there actually is a baby vaporizing machine where Lay-away used to be now.  They're spinning it as saving the world through population control though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: More Wal-Mart Bashing
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2008, 03:16 PM »
I never said that Walmart was evil, or that their giving had anything to do with goodness or evilness in any way.

I'm not sure where you're going with this goodness/evilness thing.  My responses were initially geared to Tracy who started out her post as "Yet another reason to hate the Walmart Corporation."  Sorry to burst your bubble, but not every post is about you or your comments.

I should clear something up for you.  I didn't think I need to explain myself to you, but obviously I do.  Perhaps I should have been more clear in my initial post to get my point across a little better and said "here's another reason for people to hate the Walmart Corporation".  I'm not a Walmart hater, never said I was, never came out against them, I merely said what they were doing was wasteful.  You made assumptions and ran with them and began insulting fellow members .............
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2008, 04:13 PM »
Otherwise we could just as easily say "Walmart is not evil - they intentionally did not kill any babies in 2007.  They even have policy saying that they do not kill babies."

Sadly, their policy is exactly the opposite of this, and there actually is a baby vaporizing machine where Lay-away used to be now.  They're spinning it as saving the world through population control though.

He's right, I've seen it and barely escaped with my life...

(I'm just waiting for the above to be in the misquote thread...)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 04:13 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2008, 04:17 PM »
I never said that Walmart was evil, or that their giving had anything to do with goodness or evilness in any way.

I'm not sure where you're going with this goodness/evilness thing.  My responses were initially geared to Tracy who started out her post as "Yet another reason to hate the Walmart Corporation."  Sorry to burst your bubble, but not every post is about you or your comments.

I should clear something up for you.  I didn't think I need to explain myself to you, but obviously I do.  Perhaps I should have been more clear in my initial post to get my point across a little better and said "here's another reason for people to hate the Walmart Corporation".  I'm not a Walmart hater, never said I was, never came out against them, I merely said what they were doing was wasteful.  You made assumptions and ran with them and began insulting fellow members .............

Justin - No need to get so confrontational. This is just suppose to be a friendly little chat about what people think about Wal-mart, or what that have heard, seen, or read about them.  No one opinion is Right, Wrong, or Indifferent; we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Personally I hate Wal-Mart, as I have been an employee so I know what they are cappable of. Mikey wants to pee on them if I remember correctly, but my friend that works for them at Corporate loves them, so it all good.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2008, 06:02 PM »
Perhaps I should have been more clear in my initial post to get my point across a little better and said "here's another reason for people to hate the Walmart Corporation".  I'm not a Walmart hater, never said I was, never came out against them, I merely said what they were doing was wasteful.  You made assumptions and ran with them and began insulting fellow members .............

Okay...let's get a few facts straight here.  This is your direct quote to start your story...

Yet another reason to hate the Walmart Corporation. 

I posted a response and at the end stated...

I'm sure the WM Haters will pipe in now...

I didn't address you specifically, but rather a group of people who just look for reasons to bash Wal-Mart any chance they get.  That may or may not be you, but to be fair, I don't think its wild speculation to assume you hate Wal-Mart when you start a topic stating Yet another reason to hate Wal-Mart ...

At what point did I begin insulting fellow members?   ???  Does having an unpopular view of the situation or providing contrasting arguements imply that I'm now insulting others? 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 06:03 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2008, 06:26 PM »
Justin - No need to get so confrontational. This is just suppose to be a friendly little chat about what people think about Wal-mart, or what that have heard, seen, or read about them.  No one opinion is Right, Wrong, or Indifferent; we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Personally I hate Wal-Mart, as I have been an employee so I know what they are cappable of. Mikey wants to pee on them if I remember correctly, but my friend that works for them at Corporate loves them, so it all good.

Ryan - Aren't you supposed to be at the post sending stuff to Chicago?   ;)  My comment about Name having a wrong opinion was sarcastic, hence the  ;)  ;)  ;) afterwards.  I wouldn't classify offering a different point of view as confrontational - as you said, we are all entitled to our own opinion and the heart of any blog is people posting their opinions.  Otherwise every reply would just say "Yes, I agree!"

If you haven't guessed by now, my pet peeve (original topic of our discussion) is people who blindly judge a person or group of persons without really looking at all of the angles and facts.  Based on additional evidence, I'm trying to counter what I believe to be prejudice against Wal-Mart. 

I'm also not a very big fan of the word hate in general.   :-\

Hate {–verb}: to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward...

Why would you feel "extreme hostility" towards a corporation that lowers consumer prices across all retailers, donates more actual dollars than any of their peers, or more personally - gave you a paycheck?  I don't like to shop there, but I really haven't seen a lot of rationale for people to hate Wal-Mart, outside of Mike who secretly loves them.   :-*
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2008, 06:48 PM »
I don't like to shop there, but I really haven't seen a lot of rationale for people to hate Wal-Mart, outside of Mike who secretly loves them.   :-*

The real reason I HATE them is that they don't like to stock their exclusives, plus the fact that there stores are absolutely filthy and their employees are all but useless when you need help with something.  I only shop there when exclusives are "supposed to be out" so why waste my time in a filthy store that refuses to stock product that I'm there to purchase?

I'm done bashing, but I'm a big fan of that word....my apologies if it offends you Justin, and please don't get me caught up in all of this bickering as I obviously have a different stem for not liking Wal-Mart then some of these other folks who have issues with some of their practices.

:-*  back at'cha   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2008, 08:56 PM »
You love them and you know it!  ;D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2008, 10:14 PM »
You love them and you know it!  ;D

No, I really hate them.   Vegas had really nice Wal-Marts and I actually enjoyed shopping there at that time because they were well stocked with nice employees and the stores were kept up.  Come now from 01-08 (living in MN) everything is pretty much trash and litter.  I suppose it's all about which part of the country you are located in.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline GrandMasterYoda

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2008, 08:50 AM »
The Wal-Mart where we live treats there employees well and I've talked with many of them over their years of being there and they seem genuinely happy. So in the small scale it seems ok to me, but the grander picture is always different. BTW Jedi I love the flying pizza between Han and Vader.  I'm still trying to figure out how to upload without having a website. If anyone has the time please email me, Thanx!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2008, 01:39 PM »
The Wal-Mart where we live treats there employees well and I've talked with many of them over their years of being there and they seem genuinely happy. So in the small scale it seems ok to me, but the grander picture is always different. BTW Jedi I love the flying pizza between Han and Vader.  I'm still trying to figure out how to upload without having a website. If anyone has the time please email me, Thanx!

Thanks!  I still crack up once in a while when I see that flying pizza.  Can't remember what site I got it from, but just search for star wars avatars sometime and you will see some cool stuff.

As for picture hosting, I use photobucket.  Here's a link to my pictures so you can see how it lays them out.  You can just copy the code from right below your picture - very slick.  Just hit Join Now in the upper left side of the screen and register (its free and I've gotten no spam from them that I know of).  ;)

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff43/jman5544/

Offline GrandMasterYoda

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2008, 09:13 AM »
Thanx Jedi!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #102 on: July 1, 2008, 01:57 PM »
Court says Walmart broke Minnesota labor laws 2 million times

MINNEAPOLIS -- A Minnesota judge has ruled that Wal-Mart cut short employees' rest and meal breaks and forced them to work off the clock, violating the state's labor laws 2 million times.

The judge's order in the class-action lawsuit against the discount retailer awards the plaintiffs $6.5 million in compensatory damages.

An attorney for the plaintiffs expects Wal-Mart will end up paying much more than that after a jury in October considers a civil penalties and punitive damages.

Justin Perl, who represented the plaintiffs, says Dakota County Judge Robert King Jr.'s ruling sends a message to Wal-Mart that the company must pay for its mistakes.

The ruling, which was handed to the parties Monday evening, comes after judgments against Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania and California found similar violations. Wal-Mart is appealing those rulings.

A Wal-Mart spokeswoman says the company disagrees with parts of the decision and is considering an appeal.

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 2, 2008, 10:03 PM »
A Wal-Mart spokeswoman says the company disagrees with parts of the decision and is considering an appeal.

But I see she doesn't deny any wrong-doing.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #104 on: July 2, 2008, 11:11 PM »
My brother in law works at Wally World and told me they are coming out with a new way of stocking the shelves with codes and bins and all that jazz...I said "Like Target?", he said yes, so hopefully some of the crap distribution and stocking of shelves will be better in the near future.