Author Topic: Mysterious Jedi 4 pack  (Read 3263 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Mysterious Jedi 4 pack
« on: May 31, 2003, 07:01 PM »
Anyone seen this over at GH?  The report is very confusing.  They have it as part of the Clone Wars army builder set, when it would appear more like one of the TRU 4 packs.  If it's the latter, I hope they're right when they say it's just a mock up.  I dig the detention device, but those figures are all WRONG.

I wouldn't mind a Plo Koon, only if it's the POTJ version repainted to be more accurate with AOTC.

The Nikto would be fine if I hadn't done that myself already.

What do you guys think?

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Mysterious Jedi 4 pack
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2003, 07:05 PM »
I'm trying to get to GH's website to see the article you're talking about, but their site is currently down.  Do you happen to have a direct URL about this?  Or pictures?
dustrho

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2003, 07:53 PM »
I can't get to the site either, Dustrho.  Here's a direct link, also not working at the moment:

http://www.galactichunter.com/toy_images/clonewars-jediarmy.jpg

The figures pictured are Obi-Wan Kenobi Coruscant Chase, POTJ Saesee Tiin, Nikto Jedi and Saga Plo Koon along with 4 lightsabers, assassin droid and Geonosis detention device.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2003, 08:06 PM »
This would be a poor decision on Hasbro's part.  I applaud them for trying to get that cool accessory out, but why not substitute these figures instead:

- red accessory set Battle Droid
- Jedi Knight (Kit Fisto body w/ human head/hands)
- Geonosian Warrior
- retooled Obi Wan in captured pose

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #4 on: June 1, 2003, 12:35 AM »
GH updates to say this is definitely a TRU style 4 pack.  No ETA given.  Boy, I hope it is a WAY early mock-up.  I hold out hope the Plo Koon ends up being the POTJ one repainted arena style.  Sigh.  I had such high hopes for a set like this.  Imagine the possibilities!  

Grr, argh.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 1, 2003, 03:42 AM »
Okay if they make this as it is I will be very unhappy.

They should have Obi-Wan and then three NEW figures. This rehash stuff has got to stop.

Do they want to make money or are they just not caring??
I remember my dream now.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 1, 2003, 07:02 AM »
Well, they did finally get around to getting the Geonosian detention device out.  Albeit, with figures we already have.  The only glimmer of hope is the Nikto Jedi, who's barely different at all.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #7 on: June 1, 2003, 03:48 PM »
you forget that it CAN be changed.. and maybe it is just a concept image ? to show what figs, BUT, ones that wil be retooled ??

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 1, 2003, 08:05 PM »
i think its a joke on hasbros part to the SW community.
they dick aroudn too much.

this item contaisn a bad obiwan figure. two shelfwarmers, and a reissue of a boring POTJ figure. its a waste.
at the least it could have had one new figure.....
no all renewals....

they should be puttign new figures in these kind of four packs

stuff like coleman trebor or bariss offee should have been in this type of thing rather than seperate cards...

oh well..

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 1, 2003, 11:29 PM »
I agree with you 110% dimetrodon.  Hasbro needs to get their heads out of their you-know-what.

The thing that is really going to suck is that they will probably keep the production numbers on these obvious peg-warmers as high as the Imperial 4-pk and the Clone 3-pk.  >:(

:P

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 2, 2003, 12:35 AM »
What really bothers me about this set is that Hasbro deliberately withheld that detention chamber thing from the Arena playset for which it was originally intended.  Instead of giving us the best value in that nice playset, they instead throw it into this 4-pack full of rehashes so that the only way we can get it to make our Arena complete is by shelling out $20 at TRU.  That rots like a stinking pile of Bantha poodoo!   ;)

Very similar to their tricky use of that EU speeder bike with the four bounty hunter rehashes too!  Very ugly trend developing here.  These 4-packs should always include at least a an army builder or two (kit-bashed if need be), a cool new astromech, and a nice assortment of accessories, among other things.  The crap Hasbro is now putting into these upcoming 4-packs just plain sucks.

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 2, 2003, 09:35 AM »
The only thing that I want in this pack is the electro detention device...I wouldn't mind seeing them package it with one of the Geonosian picadors a couple of red battle droids and a new Nute Gunray!!!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 2, 2003, 01:01 PM »
I just took at look at the picture.  Oh man that is poor!  LOL!  The bounty hunter set looks like gold compared to this.  Oh well, Hasbro is kind of strange.  They get a good idea but drop then drop the ball.  This is looking like the Cantina Sets.  The cantina sets were a good idea but then they put Greedo, Hammerhead, and Ponda Baba in the first way.  Oh man (shakes head and chuckles a bit).  At least the Imperial and Hoth pack are a bit better.