Author Topic: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation  (Read 179914 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation
« Reply #255 on: March 25, 2010, 01:21 AM »
Season 2 Finale SPOILER WARNING - proceed at your own risk.  :-X

Yeah, I'm guessing that this guy is a definite figure at some point... wouldn't surprise me if they've already got him slotted in one of the Fall waves.  ;)

Well, that explains the helmet and rifle role play toys. I believe it also finally confirms the new bigger, badder Slave One that will be at SDCC this year. Save your money it's going to get expensive......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 25, 2010, 10:25 AM »
Season 2 Finale SPOILER WARNING - proceed at your own risk.  :-X

Yeah, I'm guessing that this guy is a definite figure at some point... wouldn't surprise me if they've already got him slotted in one of the Fall waves.  ;)

Well, that explains the helmet and rifle role play toys. I believe it also finally confirms the new bigger, badder Slave One that will be at SDCC this year. Save your money it's going to get expensive......

my God I hope you are right cuz it makes perfect sense - this is gonna rock!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 10:25 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 25, 2010, 10:46 AM »
Ugh...spare me. The coolest thing about that character is the mystery. Once you start pulling back the veil, that quality is forever lost.

I don't see how that would make for an even remotely exciting figure either. There is NO WAY that iconic armor is going to fit that little tween punk at his age, so he can't possibly wear it on the show. And what's exciting about a figure of a young human boy?  ::)

What kind of self respecting bounty hunter would take orders from a little kid anyway?

Nope, not on board with this idea...I get it's a shrewd marketing ploy, but it just seems like a cheap, easy grab for some pub at the expense of the original canon.

If they want to flesh out a character with a good backstory, please have a go at Aurra Sing instead.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 25, 2010, 01:31 PM »
But (older) fans have been so cranky for so long, it's difficult to figure out how they'll react.

You must fall into that category.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 25, 2010, 02:49 PM »
What kind of self respecting bounty hunter would take orders from a little kid anyway?

One that understands the little kid probably has Jango's entire estate at his disposal and wants a piece of it?  One that was hired and paid to be there?  I admit it'll probably be a little goofy but eh, I'll watch it.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #260 on: March 25, 2010, 04:25 PM »
I was thinking similarly to Adam...  He's got his daddy's ****, so he's probably itching to get some payback during a time of turbulance when the Jedi are making themselves vulnerable by putting themselves into combat.

Not to mention he's probably got a good feel for how to counter Clones.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 25, 2010, 04:42 PM »
Oh, I'll watch it, believe me, I just shudder at the thought of some bitter little kid making the Jedi look like a bunch of stooges. It's bad enough they keep getting punked by Cad Bane. TCW has really done a lot to chip away at their mystique of awesomeness, it seems to me.

I guess it's not any more implausible than baby Anakin blowing up the Trade Federation ship, but I can't help but long for the days when the SW heroes could actually shave and converse like adults. (Cranky old man rant over)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #262 on: March 25, 2010, 06:59 PM »
Yeah, SPOILER is a total lock for a figure.   :)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2010, 03:03 PM »
Here's my cranky old man rant...but mine comes from a different perspective because as I get older I get mre fed up with how negative and limited people are in their thinking...

Why would Bounty Hunters work for little Fett?  Cash.  Hard and simple.

Is Fett gooing to actually kill Mace?  No.  We know his fate.  Maybe Fett will just cause some havoc and come close.

He's just a kid!  You know what, it's really only been about 100 years that kids were treated like babies until high school grauduation.  Once upon a time an 11 year might have had a job...heck I'm reading 1776 right now, and there's a story about a 10 year old who walks 100's of miles to serve under George Washington.

Lastly, this show has never let me down.  Even the "worst" episodes are at least good.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2010, 03:33 PM »
I'm on both sides of this.  The less Fett the better.  However, if the cartoon can do anything to remedy the fact that he went down like a punk in ROTJ, possibly by taking down some Jedi, then I'm all for it. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 28, 2010, 09:21 AM »
In Attack of the Clones, Taun We makes a point of telling Obi-Wan that Jango's pay was "considerable".

So Boba Fett is one rich little kid - so I would almost expect him to have a whole team of goons at his disposal - but it would also be neat to see that team fail him and him learn the lesson "if you want something done right, do it yourself".

I think it's great that they're bringing Daniel Logan in to do the voice, it provides a level of continuity that I would have liked to see extended at least to Anakin - what? oh, that's right Hayden is too busy working on "Jumper 2" to voice the cartoon version of the only character he will ever be remembered for - got it!  ::)

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #266 on: March 28, 2010, 10:27 AM »
I prefer quality over continuity.  I never clicked with Hayden, and he was barely emotive in the films, I can't imagne that he would be a very good voice over artist.  I like Ani's voice on the show.  In fact, I relate to the CW Ani better than the movie version.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 28, 2010, 10:50 AM »
I recall reading an article in which Hayden said he was interested in doing the voice work for the cartoon, but he was never approached for it. I think that was around the time that the Clone Wars movie came out, in which Samuel L. Jackson and Christopher Lee did voice work. So far I've been very happy with the voice work for the show. All of the voice actors match the film actors fairly well.

Anyway, it's cool seeing Boba in animated form. I'm glad they have Logan doing the voice. I'm interested in seeing whether or not he'll be wearing the armor, and if he'll actually do anything cool on his own. It's about time the bounty hunters show up!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 10:52 AM by Greg »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #268 on: March 28, 2010, 01:53 PM »
I wonder if this is a precursor to them continuing to use Logan for the live action show, considering the rumors that it will feature Boba.  If it ever happens, and if those rumors are true.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 1, 2010, 04:23 PM »
I'd love an animated Bossk as well...good call.