Author Topic: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation  (Read 179575 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Rumor/Speculation Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 6, 2008, 12:33 PM »
I'd like to see alien soldiers instead of just Battle Droids.
Muun
Quarren (armored, not the one in wv 3)
Wat Tambor's race
etc.

I hope we see these two,

Gossam Commando

Koorivar Fusilier

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: February 6, 2008, 02:41 PM »
This plays in to my general rant about this whole endeavor...its sort of dumb that there are even new Characters to begin with, let alone people wanting more.  There are three pretty large areas of developed canon here...AOTC, Existing Clone Wars and ROTS. 

Everyone that is not in ROTS either has to die or conveniently not have that big of a role in this series. The idea of Anakin having a Padawan borders on rediculous in my opinion from a canonical point of view. 

So...what do people expect?  I can see new or different species/armies/clones but the main characters are still the main characters and things have to bridge from existing Clone Wars to ROTS

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 6, 2008, 02:51 PM »
I'd like to see a few new Jedi and maybe even a group of bounty hunters or additional Separatist leaders, etc.  Also more army builders would be outstanding like Rune said.  I'm thinking the best format for things like that are more or less going the 2-pk route.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 6, 2008, 02:52 PM »
I'd like to see alien soldiers instead of just Battle Droids.
Muun
Quarren (armored, not the one in wv 3)
Wat Tambor's race
etc.

I hope we see these two,

Gossam Commando

Koorivar Fusilier

Oh hells yeah. I want those ones to. Wanted them from the first time I saw them several years ago. Here's the site:
http://www.holonetnews.com/56/archives/

Lots of fun stuff there to read. I wish it was back up and running again.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 6, 2008, 03:21 PM »
I'd like to see Quinlan Vos in the series and not as a background character.
I remember my dream now.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 6, 2008, 03:41 PM »
I'd like to see Quinlan Vos in the series and not as a background character.

That would be cool, but not too much Villie. I like that character, but I think he'd become annoying after awhile.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 6, 2008, 03:52 PM »
I agree with Scott on the whole Anakin getting a padawan.   Isn't he just a padawan himself during the clone wars?  Or is the Jedi order so short handed they have padawans training other padawans?  I guess any new main characters are just red shirts in the episodes any way they have to be gone by the time ROTS hits.

They should be bring in characters we have already seen in the clone wars comics or expanding background characters from ATOC and ROTS.  like Oddball and maybe some of the clone commanders.  but I guess this show will be diven by the new character of the week that can be made into toys.  I can't wait for Shadow Anakin and Obi-wan to go with my shadow At-TE.   
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 6, 2008, 03:56 PM »
Also from POTF2 (and Gorkoracing)...list of figures from Chinese source:

Anakin Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Yoda
Federation Battle Droid
R2-D2
Captain Rex
General Grievous
Clone Trooper
Ahsoka with Rotta the Hutt
Count Dooku
Commander Cody
Oddball
Super Battle Droid
Clone Trooper
C-3PO
Kit Fisto
Asajj Ventress
Destroyer Droid
IG-series Assasin Droid

Okay, let's say these are realistic style (since I'm not buying animated style). The figs I'd get from this list just based on name are:
Captain Rex
General Grievous (if corrected size only)
Ahsoka with Rotta the Hutt
Oddball
IG-series Assasin Droid (if very different from IG-88)

Whew, this would be awesome. Only a few I'd buy and none of them army builders. I might add Battle Droids if they have stiffer plastic and are more articulated. they would be the only army builder in this case and at that I wouldn't need too many of them.

Isn't Captain rex going to be the mail away figure they will be shipping through Dec 08?  Are we getting two different Captain Rexs? 
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: February 7, 2008, 12:43 AM »
Others noted it, but I agree...  That list smacks of "animated style" to me too...  I dunno.

It's a very (seemingly to me) kid-oriented list too...  Not much obscure there really, when you think about it.  Or maybe I'm over-analyzing it, but it just seems like it's almost a "Wave 1, Collection 1" type deal.  I hope I'm wrong, but my wallet hopes I'm right.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 7, 2008, 11:00 AM »
Judging by the packaging design I wouldn't be surprised if they were animated style. If this is the case, I would only buy a few. I'd much rather invest my time and money into the IJ and Heroes lines than a line of kid-oriented cartoon-ified SW characters.

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 7, 2008, 11:55 AM »
If they're animated, I'll be able to pay off more on my credit cards this year, because I won't spend a dime on animated figures. 

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 7, 2008, 12:31 PM »
I'll chime in again and say for me, animated style would help my wallet.

I'll also be collecting some Halo stuff this year, so not buying animated style would free up some money for Halo and other toy lines, like Marvel Legends, Marvel Super Heroes, Movie Transformers.

Thankfully Halo will be limited in what I get and I haven't been getting all of the Marvel Legends figs now. The Marvel Super heroes figs are relatively inexpensive and one-time purchases so those will help keep the budget down. THere really isn't many Transformers left I'd like to see made from the movie. Some changes in class size yes and the Mountain Dew transformer, but that's about it.

So if the Clone Wars figures are animated, I really will be saving a bit. Now that I'm basically not army building anymore either (except the Kashyyyk clone), I won't have a need for all the clones that undoubtedly will be out for this subline.

I'm actually looking forward to having some money for a change.

Can't wait to see the stuff coming out of Toyfair so I can plan for all of this.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 7, 2008, 10:04 PM »
I guess I'm one of the few guys that would prefer animated style figures, in terms of sculpt.  However, the animated Clone Wars figures of 2004 were painfully unarticulated, so if they combine the unique look of animation with the articulation of the realistic figures, I'd be VERY interested.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 8, 2008, 03:45 PM »
I guess I'm one of the few guys that would prefer animated style figures, in terms of sculpt.  However, the animated Clone Wars figures of 2004 were painfully unarticulated, so if they combine the unique look of animation with the articulation of the realistic figures, I'd be VERY interested.

I'm wondering how the majority of collectors really feel about the animated vs. realistic issue.  It seems like more people here would rather have the realistic styling, but just listening to a couple podcasts this week (The Forcecast and IHNRadio in particular), it seems like the majority of the people on there are really hoping for animated style.  Like I said, I kind of lean towards realistic myself, but I imagine I will pick them up either way.  I'm wondering if it will be a sort of "mix" similar to Roron Corobb and the upcoming Obi-Wan in Clone Armor.  They are "realistic", but still have an animated look to them.  At the very least, I kind of doubt we'll see the unarticulated style that we got with the previous Clone Wars line.  And, I guess if we do get this line in an animated style - looking at the rumor list posted earlier, we have most of these characters in "realistic" style already (barring costume changes).  Hopefully we'll know in just over a week or so.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2008, 04:00 PM by Brian »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: February 8, 2008, 03:59 PM »
Great point Brian!  We already have almost everything on said list in SA form in a realistic style, not sure why they would release more of the same