Author Topic: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation  (Read 179850 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation
« Reply #360 on: February 12, 2011, 10:58 PM »
He's not the clone that comes with that new speeder design - they are both the same sculpt, but the deluxe set clone has a red visor and the one on the surf-board has a gray visor. So I think he's something else. Maybe they are going to release a clone w/the surf-board thing that originally came with Vos.

If they have him on display though, I'm surprised there's no mention of him in the slides.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 12, 2011, 11:11 PM »
There was a Clone Trooper R7 (or maybe it was Red Leader?) or something that popped up on a WM price list for CW figures. I'm guessing that's the figure. Looks kinda neat, but the board is an odd accessory choice.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #362 on: February 12, 2011, 11:18 PM »
I'm wondering if the boards aren't going to turn up in a future episode of Clone Wars where they actually get some use.  Just speculation.  It's not uncommon for Hasbro to get early images of stuff that gets pushed out completely, pushed back, used elsewhere later, or whatnot.  They'd said at one point the Turbo Tank was to play a bigger role and that's why they made it, and then it kind of didn't play a big role in the toon that season.

It's like Ric Olie...  He was to have an expanded role in Episode 1, they got this info and cranked up his production, then poof...  Ric Olie's role was cut to comically short and awkward to a degree.  And we got to watch Ric army build himself at every retailer in the country.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 13, 2011, 11:51 AM »
Yep, Clone Trooper 7 ARF is my guess too. Weird that he was not part of the slideshow. I guess he is Wave 4 or beyond?

Wish they had showed at least the next wave out, but I guess we will hear about it before Comic-Con anyway.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 20, 2011, 10:01 PM »
Some interesting news out of DewbackPatrol.com:

http://www.dewbackpatrol.com/ToyFairHasbroQA2011.html

"There will be multiple versions of Savage coming out with different outfits.  There will be multiple figures from the last two story arcs [The Night Sisters and The Mortis Trilogy]."

Hell yes.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 21, 2011, 04:31 AM »
Hell yes.

I'm with you there, Savage is just such a cool character. It'll be interesting though to see if he gets both the lightsaber and the vibro-axe in the same basic figure release, or if there if each weapon will come with individual sculpts.

He had 2 different outfits in the Nightsisters Trilogy, right? I reckon we'll get a "Dooku's Apprentice" version (w/ armor and lightsaber), and a "Pre-Freakishly Mutated" version.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 21, 2011, 01:47 PM »
"There will be multiple versions of Savage coming out with different outfits.  There will be multiple figures from the last two story arcs [The Night Sisters and The Mortis Trilogy]."

Well that seems like a no brainer - especially on the Mortis Trilogy. That trilogy opened the doors for a CW 3D-style version of Qui-Gon Jinn and to some degree Darth Vader. I think the father and his two children would also make great looking figures.

As for the Night Sisters Trilogy, the head Sister (I can't recall her name) and Nightsister "Ninjas" (for lack of a better description) would also make excellent figures, as well as open the door for a unique version of Ventress.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #367 on: February 21, 2011, 09:35 PM »
Yeah, all of those are a lock.  The Citadel story is figure city, too.  Tarkin, Echo and Five Arc Troopers, Even Piell, and carbonite versions of everybody.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 22, 2011, 01:24 AM »
As for the Night Sisters Trilogy, the head Sister (I can't recall her name) and Nightsister "Ninjas" (for lack of a better description) would also make excellent figures, as well as open the door for a unique version of Ventress.

I'm crossing my fingers for new sculpts for both of Asajj's new outfits (revised gray jumpsuit/skirt outfit and Nightsister outfit), but being that she's a female character, I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro only made the Nightsister outfit, being that she wore it more throughout the arc.

Qui-Gon's also pretty high on my list too, Hasbro can even pull off doing Vader in animated style for a convention exclusive if they choose not to do basic figure format.

"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #369 on: February 25, 2011, 01:22 PM »
From StarWars.com's story on the 2012 packaging...

Cheregotis: "There will not be a variant for Clone Wars packaging. We always try to keep one brand look for all segments of the property, and in this case, the use of Maul is especially fitting given the introduction of Savage Opress in The Clone Wars and his quest to find Maul."

Hmm...  so Savage is searching for Maul... and Maul is ending up on the CW 2012 packaging.  Anyone else think that's pretty much a guarantee that Savage is going to be finding Darth Maul in Season 4 of the animated series?  Or an animated series Maul finding his way into the line?  :D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 01:23 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 25, 2011, 03:20 PM »
Let him rest in peace, I say.

The sucky thing about this reboot is we will probably be back to at least two of the lines sharing the same packaging look, and we all know how careful big box toy section employees are about differentiating between the various sub-lines.

I've really enjoyed having three separate packaging styles for the three lines. You don't get overflow clutter from other pegwarmers.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 25, 2011, 08:15 PM »
It's going to be really weird having Maul as the face of TCW toys - he's not even in the show (not yet, at least). I love his character though, and I would love to see this look carried over to realistic figures once TVC is done with.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 4, 2011, 12:41 PM »
New rumor list from Jeditemplearchives.com

CW60: Osi Sobeck
CW61: Even Piell
CW62: Captain Keeli
CW63: K2-B4 (Citadel Tactical Droid)
CW64: ARC Trooper Fives
CW65: Citadel Commando Droid
CW66: ARC Trooper Echo
CW67: Adi Gallia
CW68: Captain Wilhuff Tarkin
CW69: OOM-10 (With Reprogrammed Battle Droid)
« Last Edit: April 4, 2011, 12:44 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 4, 2011, 03:50 PM »
TWO FULL WAVES FROM THE CITADEL ARC?!! That's craaazy.

Some great figures in there to be sure, but that numbering seems sketchy. I mean, how far off are they going to push Savage Oppress? Not to mention Aayla, Hondo, Commander Jet, etc.

Seems like those waves would put us well beyond SDCC. And the Oppress arc was way before the Citadel.

Good stuff though...

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #374 on: April 4, 2011, 05:38 PM »
TWO FULL WAVES FROM THE CITADEL ARC?!! That's craaazy.

Some great figures in there to be sure, but that numbering seems sketchy. I mean, how far off are they going to push Savage Oppress? Not to mention Aayla, Hondo, Commander Jet, etc.

Seems like those waves would put us well beyond SDCC. And the Oppress arc was way before the Citadel.

Good stuff though...

I don't buy it. It is Wookieepedia, after all.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise