Author Topic: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation  (Read 179536 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Rumor/Speculation Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 6, 2008, 10:28 PM »
I think it's kinda cool.

Perhaps it's a good sign that they are showcasing it - it might mean that it's a predominent aspect of the series and if that's the case, then we might get lucky toy-wise.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 6, 2008, 11:36 PM »
I like the new/old look.  I had been wondering if we would see the Y-Wing at some point in the prequels or Clone Wars.  The backstory on the fighter is that it had been in service for a long time before the Rebels started using them.  I think it helps tie things together nicely.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: April 7, 2008, 12:56 AM »
Hate?  Really?  I think it's pretty cool, and a nice extension of an idea that's been around since the designing of ANH.

I'm personally more annoyed they simply chose to ignore the existing EU design myself...  More typical LFL stuff.  They'll now try cramming the two designs in as "official continuity".  Pick one and go with it...  If it were me, I'd probably pick the new one over the old one as it looks like it makes more sense for a "stripped down fighter".  It was certainly a lot bulkier.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #78 on: April 7, 2008, 12:59 AM »
I was thinking along the same lines at first, but I don't think it's really either-or. Chronologically they are two decades apart and the latter can easily be the result of miniaturization and modification over that time.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 7, 2008, 02:23 AM »
I don't have a problem with the body fairings being different.  Sure, we've seen different incarnations of the Y-Wing in concept art, but it's just that:  concept art.  And there's plenty of EU backstory about how the Y-Wing was cobbled together, stripped, rebuilt, etc.  I like the fact that the story of the ship is that it was always a work in progress.  This look seems to be another step in that process.  Plus, the extended lines of the cockpit module flowing back to the engines looks more like what a designer would have in mind.  The first step in the ship's evolution, perhaps.

For me, the coolest difference between this Y-Wing and the OT Y-Wing is the cockpit/turret gun.  This new concept drawing harkens back to an older, McQuarrie concept drawing that had a ball turret in rear of the the Y-Wing's crew compartment.  It makes the Y-Wing seems much more like the WWII torpedo bomber that Lucas thought it should be.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2008, 02:26 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2008, 09:55 AM »
It sounds like Peter Mayhew mentioned at a con this weekend that Chewbacca will likely be appearing in the animated series, as a figure of him is already being worked on.  I believe I read this at TF.N if anyone is interested.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2008, 09:55 AM »
Chewbacca w/ shooting fist action. ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 09:56 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2008, 11:08 AM »
We can almost bet on a young Han Solo popping up in the series at some point.  I can see that happening since Georgie almost put paired him up with Chewy in ROTS.  The series is aimed more towards kids.  They are probably itching to put in a young kid somewhere.  I know that will piss off a lot of original die-hards.  I will be bracing myself for the inevitable. 

I kind of wonder if they will make the Seperatists like Wat Tambor, San Hill, Nute Gunray, Poggle for this series?  Maybe like one every 3 waves or so? 

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2008, 04:58 PM »
...I kind of wonder if they will make the Seperatists like Wat Tambor, San Hill, Nute Gunray, Poggle for this series?  Maybe like one every 3 waves or so? 

Gawd no, by your math that's 12 waves of animated figures. I don't want to see that many waves hitting the stores, choking off room for the realistic stye figures.

I'm just not a fan of this animated figure portion of the line.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 9, 2008, 11:12 PM »
Watching the previews and the trailers,  I know that a Gunship release is coming; I wonder if they will add on the forward opening doors on the cargo bay seen in the preview.  I would love the Gunship that drops the AT-TE, but I not going to hold my breath.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2008, 10:22 AM »
...I kind of wonder if they will make the Seperatists like Wat Tambor, San Hill, Nute Gunray, Poggle for this series?  Maybe like one every 3 waves or so? 

Gawd no, by your math that's 12 waves of animated figures. I don't want to see that many waves hitting the stores, choking off room for the realistic stye figures.

Despite everyone's gripes about the animated line we all know it's going to be a hit with kids and some adults out there that don't mind the style.  I can not fathom that this show will not produce wave after wave of figures for a few years at least.  Especially since this is going to be a staple on TV for the next couple of years.  It will go over decently with kids and parents.  Why?  Because it is animated, has clonetroopers, has Jedi, and battles.  There will be plenty to flood the toy market for the next few years.  Twelve waves of these animated figures is an absolute lock unless the show totally and utterly sucks beyond belief to the point that no child watches it.  Remember we are talking a younger age group here.  Not teenagers to 40 year olds. 

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2008, 10:05 AM »

Despite everyone's gripes about the animated line we all know it's going to be a hit with kids and some adults out there that don't mind the style.  I can not fathom that this show will not produce wave after wave of figures for a few years at least.  Especially since this is going to be a staple on TV for the next couple of years.  It will go over decently with kids and parents.  Why?  Because it is animated, has clonetroopers, has Jedi, and battles.  There will be plenty to flood the toy market for the next few years.  Twelve waves of these animated figures is an absolute lock unless the show totally and utterly sucks beyond belief to the point that no child watches it.  Remember we are talking a younger age group here.  Not teenagers to 40 year olds. 

Oh, I know and I get all of this.

For me it just means that much closer to ending collecting, albeit a little quicker than anticipated. Meh, I had already planned on cutting my budget down in half this year and with me not buying the animated line, I'm able to stick to that. I'm planning on halving the budget again next year, and if the animated line takes off and there isn't much in the way of realistic, it's going to become even easier.

The thing is, I just don't see that many waves of figures. Well, I should say all NEW characters. We're talking about a short time frame here between two live-action movies. Unless there are going to be many new secondary and tertiary characters, there isn't that many heros/villains and troops on both the Republic and CIS sides to warrant 12 waves of figs.

Ah well, like I said, for me it's a chance to save money.

...I'll certainly watch the show though.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation
« Reply #87 on: June 7, 2008, 03:58 AM »
Bringing it to you first again...

A look at the Animated Clone Commander, and Animated Clone Lieutenant...

Clicky thumbnails to check 'em out!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 7, 2008, 08:17 AM »
Cool. I'm not collecting these, but it's good that they have officers.

No stripe down the top front of the helmet though? Must be the way the animation is...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 7, 2008, 10:33 AM »
Are these unique figures or variations that will exist on the regular Clonetrooper figure?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!