Author Topic: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation  (Read 179845 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Clone Wars Rumor/Speculation Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 8, 2008, 04:23 PM »
That's why, at least for me, when I saw the list it almost put the nail in the coffin that they're going to be animated style...  The only thing that bugs me is that not everything listed is stuff we have, and not every character in the toon trailer seemed EXACTLY like his movie counterpart... 

Clone Armor Obi-Wan should probably get bumped in here for examination, but he's not bad looking to me, and really leans to realistic.  But how will clones turn out?  Will Rex look like any other Clone we have, or will there be some "look" to it?

I dunno...  I just know that, if they're all animated, I'm not buying...  It'll be like a new line to me.  That Clone Armor Obi-Wan looked nice and the headsculpt just looked to me like it wasn't the most accurate was all...  We'll see soon enough and all, but this is easily the item I'm most interested in seeing at this point.

All the other stuff (basic waves for the year, Indy stuff, etc.) is stuff I want to see, but this Clone Wars line is going to really determine how much I'm saving or spending.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 8, 2008, 06:15 PM »
Bleh.  I hate animated style. 

I could see more of a mix though like how they did Roron Corob.  I'd be ok with that.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #47 on: February 8, 2008, 10:46 PM »
"...and not every character in the toon trailer seemed EXACTLY like his movie counterpart"

Actually, that's the only thing that has me interested.  The costumes in the CW3D are just different enough than the movie costumes to warent buying them.  On a realted note, any time someone b*tches about Lucas creating movies to only sell toys, I point out if that were the truth, Obi-Wan and Anakin would have worn more than one costume in each
 film.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2008, 12:51 AM »

I hope they work in the Separatist Commandos into the Clone Wars. I really think they would make some really cool looking figures. Plus the Republic Commandos need some competition. Their story was cool to with the heavy looses from the Republic Commandos the Separatist form them to combat this problem.

The Gossam Commando and Koorivar Fusilier would be a welcome addition too.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2008, 08:58 PM »
Check out the front page for some Rumors & Rumblings that includes some details on the AT-TE, figures, and more you won't want to miss. ;) 

Note the figure news...  Animated, partly, which is waht a lot were expecting... 

Anyone else think it leaves Hasbro wide open to release them with non-animated heads at a point?

Hmmm...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2008, 09:06 PM »
Well it sounds like what i was expecting, a mix of animated and realistic. I have to see pics before i pass judgement.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2008, 09:27 PM »
I'm surprised that the heads look animated.  I guess none of us were really right or wrong!  I'm actually glad they might be a bit different, after close to 1000 figures, a change would be nice.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2008, 10:31 PM »
Well I am in the same boat.  A change would be welcome but we'll see what they are like this weekend.  Hopefully.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2008, 12:25 PM »
If they are the animated style head and are that stylistic, I'll pass.

Battle droids being mostly animated, not just the heads? What a let down. Clones in this animated style, while looking cool, WON'T fit into the regular line.

I'm with everyone else, I can't wait to see what's in store from the Toy Fair coverage. I'll be blitzing many of the major collecting sites for pics from every angle.

But really, if I get nothing else from Toy Fair, I just want to know everything we can possible know about the AT-TE. Size, Electronics, how many clones, etc. I know these were reported on but I want the official word from Hasbro themselves.

Grr, still 5 days away....gawd, I've NEVER anticipated TF this much before.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2008, 04:56 PM »
Anyone else think it leaves Hasbro wide open to release them with non-animated heads at a point?

Totally!  ::)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2008, 05:04 PM »
After watching the new Clone Wars feature at SW.com, I'm thinking Anakin will include a backpack carrying Rotta
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2008, 08:28 PM »
Battle droids being mostly animated, not just the heads? What a let down. Clones in this animated style, while looking cool, WON'T fit into the regular line.

I shouldn't say they're completely stylized Sal, just according to the sources they were more-so than the other figures seen at the time.  The bodies of the Droids seemed "very Episode-1 looking".

I'll leave the rumor at that.  ;)

With that said, the E1 battledroids weren't perfect but were better than ANY battledroid we have to-date IMO, as far as sturdiness and really articulation as well.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2008, 11:15 PM »
With that said, the E1 battledroids weren't perfect but were better than ANY battledroid we have to-date IMO, as far as sturdiness and really articulation as well.

I agree with that whole-heartedly. I'd MUCH rather have the EPI sculpt than the anorexic BDs we've gotten since.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2008, 12:34 AM »
After watching the new Clone Wars feature at SW.com, I'm thinking Anakin will include a backpack carrying Rotta

Roota's surpose to be coming with Ashoka, if rumors are true.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 12:35 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2008, 04:35 AM »
I've been thinking about this a bit more, and I'm starting to think that the only thing that might be stylized are the character heads.

So for example take Captain Rex - let's say they start with the Evolutions sculpt of the Clonetrooper, trick him out to be an ARC-trooper, make it a stylized Jango Head underneath the helmet, I'm willing to bet the helmet itself will be a regular Phase 1 helmet like we got with the comic 2-pack Alpha figure.

I'm starting to think that Hasbro really has taken the "easy" way out here realistic bodies and armored characters with 3-D animation stylized heads on ball jointed necks can EASILY be reissued with more realistic styled heads down the line. Heck, they could have done the COOL thing and just put two different head sculpts in the packaging with the figure. I mean, look at what they've done with the two Ventress figures:

First version:

Second version from the battle pack:

I would consider the second version more "stylized" in terms of the head. So if that's the kind of thing they're going to do with these CW3D figures, I'm okay with that.

Now I'm really excited to see what comes out of Toy Fair this weekend.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!