Author Topic: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation  (Read 179891 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation
« Reply #420 on: October 15, 2011, 12:15 AM »
Considering they always target the kids, they downplay the toys based on a weekly cartoon, in favor of a 12 year old movie.

There's also some confusion,  it was heard there'd be 19 CW figures in 2012. 19 new or 19 total, including repacks?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 15, 2011, 02:09 AM »
1 Deluxe set, the STAP with Battle Droid, which they have already released twice before in this line.

I'll slim the list for you! This is actually a TPM item, complete with the same battle droid sculpt as the 1998 release.

If you want to get technical on the midsize vehicles, the Fighter Tank looks like a weathered repaint, so maybe you can add that to the list.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 15, 2011, 08:55 AM »
Thanks, was that confirmed in the slide-show presentation? I know the placard in the display case said Clone Wars but I figure that could easily be wrong. Good, 1 less thing to worry about.

Where did they throw out the 19 figures for 2012 tidbit? Was that during the presentation also? That is really atrocious if true. They are just hurting themselves with this strategy, new TCW figures really fly off the shelves around here, aside from those stinking repacks.

I'm confused about what they're doing with the mid-size vehicles. I saw the Fighter Tank but that struck me as a realistic deco for some reason. Then they showed the v-19 Torrent, the Clone Wars one, in Vintage style packaging. WTF? Confusing to say the least.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 15, 2011, 08:06 PM »
Where did they throw out the 19 figures for 2012 tidbit? Was that during the presentation also?

It was post on Rebelscum's live feed during the presentation.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 15, 2011, 10:49 PM »
For some reason the folks at JTA seem convinced that this means 19 figures total for the whole year. That cannot be right. They showed nearly that many in the first 2 waves alone. I think that leaves something like 5 unrevealed figures for the rest of 2012? It just seems too incredible to believe. That's a LOT of money they are leaving on the table for their most successful line.

If you have a good thing going, milk it, don't starve it.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 16, 2011, 12:05 PM »
For some reason the folks at JTA seem convinced that this means 19 figures total for the whole year. That cannot be right. They showed nearly that many in the first 2 waves alone. I think that leaves something like 5 unrevealed figures for the rest of 2012? It just seems too incredible to believe. That's a LOT of money they are leaving on the table for their most successful line.

If you have a good thing going, milk it, don't starve it.

I find that report highly suspect.  Additionally, I think that the info that got out is questionable since Derryl DePriest wasn't present at the con.  He's the one real source that can be counted on for some solid information.  I'm thinking it's more likely that this is what's meant to hold collectors over until Toy Fair, at which point more will be announced.

Or, something bigger could be in the works.  Such as?  A complete shift towards realistic looking figures.  Witness the new, realistic Anakin Skywalker that was on display at NYCC:

This figure might be an indication of things to come.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:15 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #426 on: October 16, 2011, 12:42 PM »
I was told today Darryl was at the show...  at some point anyway, and hinted at a few things actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 16, 2011, 05:41 PM »
I think with the CW animated line, they could totally get away with only 19 new figures for the year, with the rest of the figures being re-packs of figures from 2008-2011.

I just looked through the CW figure list for 2010 and sure enough, out of the SotDS CW#01 - CW#37, only 20 of those figures were new or existing figure sculpts with new paint aps to make a new/different character.

So I could easily see, based on the slides shown, 38 figures total with a 50/50 split between new figures/characters and straight-up repaints/repacks.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #428 on: October 16, 2011, 05:47 PM »
There were also several new figures available via battle packs, vehicle pack-ins and deluxe. In my opinion, The Clone Wars won't be suffering for a lack of new product. In fact, I think there will be more than this past year.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 16, 2011, 07:39 PM »
There were also several new figures available via battle packs, vehicle pack-ins and deluxe. In my opinion, The Clone Wars won't be suffering for a lack of new product. In fact, I think there will be more than this past year.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, the same quantity of product in 2012 as in 2011, sure, but more? In 2011 there was more new figures than repacks because they continued to use for the second year in a row, the SotDS packaging. Every time the packaging changes, it gives Hasbro the opportunity to re-release product in the new packaging style.

So, as seen in the slides shown at NYCC, there will be a lot of repacks in the first few waves, because Hasbro seems to feel that they can get away with putting older product into new packaging and they want to build up the "library" of figures they can mix in with newer figures as the line progresses.

If you look at the figure list for Clone Wars in 2011 - you get 26 new figures/characters and only TWO repacks in the numbering sequence (Hondo & Jar Jar). Year-on-year, there were actually fewer figures in 2011 than in 2010, but a higher percentage of new figures in the number sequence.

This is one of the reasons why I'd prefer that Hasbro keep a packaging style for as long as a time period as possible. I'm really not looking forward to the next six years where every year, we're going to get a new packaging style to support each of the 3D movie releases and Hasbro will be able to get away with packing the same Cad Bane, Commander Cody, Captain Rex, Count Dooku, Anakin and Obi-Wan figures into new packaging every year.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DarthPooPoo

• Youngling
  • I eat mop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 17, 2011, 01:35 PM »
Can we stop calling them Battle Packs?  They ceased being battle packs once they became 3 packs.

And since they are in such a repack/repaint/kitbash mood, it sure would be nice if they would make some Wookiee, Trandoshan, or Talz 3 packs.  They've got the basic sculpts.
Time travel.  All you wanna do is go back and slap a hippie.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 22, 2011, 06:22 PM »
I think with the CW animated line, they could totally get away with only 19 new figures for the year, with the rest of the figures being re-packs of figures from 2008-2011.

I dunno, it can't possibly be right that we're only getting 19 new figures for the rest of the year.

Especially with this season, there's a whole crap-load of new figures that Hasbro can make: Darth Maul, Nightsister Asajj Ventress, Nightsisters, Dexter Jettser-type Jedi... etc. If Hasbro resumes making new TCW figures by late 2012 and 2013, it'll be well after the end of Season 4. Maybe the 5 remaining unveiled figures are special ones. 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #432 on: October 22, 2011, 06:29 PM »
Daryl was at the show Saturday morning at least.  I and several others talked to him at length.  19 CW figures for next year - misunderstanding.  The realistic thing though, I think they are experimenting, but I doubt we will see the animated style go away.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #433 on: November 11, 2011, 10:29 AM »
From the latest Q&A at RS:

"Hasbro: There are 19 total single carded Clone Wars animated figures planned for 2012. There are also 4 Clone Wars themed "mini-rig" figure & vehicle packs and 1 Clone Wars themed Battle pack planned for 2012."

That seems to confirm the "only 19" stuff from NYCC.

So...
- the one Battle Pack is I guess the Republic Troopers set they have already shown (CutUp, Hardcase, Bomb Trooper).
- the four DLX sets based on CW - do we know those yet?  There was the Obi-Wan/Shuttle and BabyFett/SpeederBike sets that never made it out this year, those may be part of the four. 
- The slide show had what, 14 figures?  So that leaves only 5 more to be revealed for all of 2012?  Hard to believe they would cut down to less than 20, but I guess it shows how much they are going to be focusing on TPM next year.  :-\
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:31 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #434 on: November 11, 2011, 10:36 AM »
Hopefully one or 2 of those figures are from this season (I'm looking at you Masster Krell) ::)  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird