Author Topic: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation  (Read 179855 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation
« Reply #435 on: November 11, 2011, 11:48 AM »
I still think it's unclear whether it is 19 NEW figures or 19 figures TOTAL. (edit: NM, I just went over to RS and they do indeed confirm 19 TOTAL figures - UNFNBLVABLE!)

I just don't understand how you can only release 19 figures total over 12 months for a line that is supposedly selling well.

Yes, the BP has to be the Republic Troopers one.

2 of the deluxe sets are no doubt the Boba Fett & Speeder and Obi-Wan and Attack Shuttle. I would assume the other 2 are NOT the long-awaited Walmart exclusives. The other 2 could be those long rumored sets Republic Stun Tank And Mace Windu and BARC Speeder And Luminara Unduli, but those both seem out of place now.

Any mention of midsize vehicles? No big ship either next year I take it?

Honestly, I think that is a real shame and it seems incredibly stupid and short-sighted to me to neglect the line in this way. But on the other hand, you can't find any new stuff in stores any more anyway, so it is that much less to get frustrated about. Overall though, I feel like they are pushing collectors like me and Pete out of the hobby with this nonsense.

I can't even really work up a good rant about this, collecting this line has really not been fun for some time now. Maybe next year will bring some fresh new perspective for me.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:58 AM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #436 on: November 11, 2011, 01:47 PM »
In a word, disappointing.  Not much to say.  The focus is TPM, but it will never go back; there will be a new movie each winter for the next six years.  The CW line is purely backburner.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 11, 2011, 01:54 PM »
A casual collector like me has lost most of my interest in CW toys, due to short changing figures on articulation and of course, not being able to find some new figures. Add to that the lack of new characters...

The Citadel arc might see...what Echo and Fives in toy form...MAYBE. What happened to "we have figures planned from the Mortis trilogy"? Where are they? Was it all in our heads like the storyline?

These 2011 battle packs had promise that we'd see some characters in similar packs in 2012...now it's just the one pack? Really? Not even more repaints?

Will any of the Mon Calamari storyline make it to toy form in 2012? Seems unlikely now.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #438 on: November 11, 2011, 03:24 PM »
Any mention of midsize vehicles? No big ship either next year I take it?

The question only asked about figures, mini-rigs, and battle packs so that's all they answered.  We know they have a few mid-size repacks planned - Republic Tank, Anakin's Starfighter. 

Not sure if they are going to end up putting out a few new ones or not.  And the "big" vehicle (if there is one) will most likely be based on TPM based on their hinting at NYCC.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 11, 2011, 09:42 PM »
Riff Tamson better be one of the remaining 2012 figures. >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #440 on: November 11, 2011, 11:06 PM »
I'm a little disappointed too.  You only have so long with the animated series...  Wasn't it only to go for like 100 episodes?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 12, 2011, 08:18 AM »
Yes, the show was originally planned to run for 5 seasons.

So, if there are really only 5 more as-yet unrevealed figures for 2012, is it too much to hope they will all be new figures and just more stinking repacks?

It's nearly impossible to narrow it down, but here are the ones I would like to see just from last season:

Mother Talzin
Generic Nightsister
Trandoshan Hunter
Son
Daughter

I know, fat chance. They'll probably use those spaces for more ARF repacks, R2's, anakins and obi-wans.

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 12, 2011, 09:19 AM »
Yes, the show was originally planned to run for 5 seasons.

So, if there are really only 5 more as-yet unrevealed figures for 2012, is it too much to hope they will all be new figures and just more stinking repacks?

It's nearly impossible to narrow it down, but here are the ones I would like to see just from last season:

Mother Talzin
Generic Nightsister
Trandoshan Hunter
Son
Daughter

I know, fat chance. They'll probably use those spaces for more ARF repacks, R2's, anakins and obi-wans.

I agree, those would all be great choices - Hasbro should make them to keep collectors AND kids engaged, they think kids only want core characters and clones, but thats simply not true.  My 5 year old nephew has asked me for a number of characters, most of which Hasbro has ignored.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #443 on: November 12, 2011, 11:00 AM »
The show always generated too many characters to cover completely, but some would be really unfortunate to miss.  My preferences:

Nightsister Ventress
Mother Talzin
Nightsister
Tarkin
Echo Arc Trooper
Fives Arc Trooper
Trandoshan Hunter
Captain Ackbar
Scuba Everybody
Never happen but Satine
Ditto 99

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 16, 2011, 08:30 AM »
I always thought the "19 Clone Wars Figures" referred to the number of NEW Clone Wars figures for 2012.

I'm totally STUNNED that it's only 19 total.

How is that even possible? Could it be because there is SO MUCH Shadows of the Dark Side product in the pipeline still, that they (Hasbro) is not willing to take back, they're going to just let that product float the line for a bit?

I guess anything is possible when out-of-the-blue, WalMarts start to get Pre Vizla/Flamethrower Clone cases over a year after they originally came out.

I originally wasn't thrilled with the Clone Wars animated line, now I really like it, but this totally seems to me that they are trying to kill it.

I almost wish they had just gone with realistic styling from the beginning, at least then there wouldn't be a "end" to the line, they could continue to slot in characters from the 3D Animated CW Series from now until eternity. Almost like how, six year later, we're STILL getting figures based on the 2D Clone Wars series (I'm looking at you Captain Fordo ARC Trooper Commander w/Phase II ammo belt and helmet).

I guess we all knew that the line wasn't going to go on in tandem for ever, I just didn't think it would be until AFTER the five seasons had run their course...  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #445 on: November 16, 2011, 10:00 AM »
Do sales and turnover at stores seem that out of whack to anyone than they used to be?  It sure doesn't to me...

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #446 on: November 16, 2011, 10:26 AM »
I can't say that I've seen tons of CW piling up around me.  Target is the place I usually shop and I see a lot of turn-over.  Some stuff always sells fast (Anakin, Yoda) and some stuff lingers but ultimately sells (Obi-Wan, Clones).  The fact that they have been having a lot of sales ($6.99) helps too.

Maybe it's just a simple tooling cost deal.  Maybe they only have X dollars to tool new figures in 2012.  Maybe they burned some of their 2012 Clone Wars tooling dollars on the new Movie Heroes line instead of Clone Wars?  Robbing Peter (TCW) to pay Paul (Movie Heroes) as it were?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 16, 2011, 06:31 PM »
That makes sense Jeff, but isn't the whole idea of movie heroes/legends to simply trawl out old junk and make free money off stuff they've already done? Can the minor tweaks and revisions they are making to those figures really add up to the equivalent of 15-20 all new sculpts in the CW line?

If they are looking for ways to save money on tooling, shoot, just give us repaints that are new. Would it really be that expensive to slap some purple paint on Jabba and call him Ziro? Or use the Yularen body and clone head for a generic deck officer? Or how about a kit-bashed Ima-Gun-Di?

I just feel like they're gotten lazy with the line and aren't even trying to find new ways to keep it invigorated.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #448 on: November 16, 2011, 07:51 PM »
Around me CW sells through fairly well unless it's obscurity...  Clones, mains...  They seem to do well.  Also droids do alright.  Throw in an alien drill instructor, or human admiral, and they stagnate.  Not terribly different than the realistic line in that regard.  Some do better than others at first, but those types always hit the wall eventually.

Obi seems to really be "around" too, but otherwise they seem to do alright.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 17, 2011, 11:01 AM »
Obi seems to really be "around" too, but otherwise they seem to do alright.

Is he in the cartoon... they hardly show him.  ;)