Author Topic: JD Fantasy Basketball 06-07  (Read 44694 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Basketball 06-07
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2006, 10:47 PM »
And Yao, Krstic too.  We're probably forgetting more.

I remember the season before last there was a similar stretch with a lot of guys of this caliber out, Baron Davis, Andrei Kirilenko and many others.

Totally forgot about Yao.  It just seems a lot of quality players are missing time one way or another.  AI trade situation, Carmelo suspension.  Crazy year so far in the NBA.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2006, 10:51 PM »
New sheriff in town, and I project I'll remain there for at least the better part of the evening  ;)

Gerald Wallace is back, baby.  He gets the line of the night:

40 PTS, 14 REB, 6 STL, 4 BLK, .556 FG%, .909 FT%

I gave up on Wallace way too early I'm afraid.  I could have parked his ass on the bench, though it's not like I have any space for him right now though :-\  In a perfect world I'd have Paul and West playing tonight and I'd still be riding high.  Looking like I'm going to have to do some climbing come March.  If I can get West and May playing well, I'll switch from small ball lineup to a big ball lineup and see what I can do with that.  I'll be pleased if I can get Ellis and Smith playing like they were before the injury/suspension too. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2006, 10:52 PM »
possibly D-Wade tonight.

X Rays are negative, but we'll wait to see if there is any soft tissue tendon or ligament damage or how bad the sprain is.

I'm pretty sure almost the entire league, and Phil Jackson, were more than a tad tired of Wade's cheating and traveling on his "spin move" anyhow.  Just once I want to see a whistle blown on that one  ;)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 10:55 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2006, 11:07 PM »
While I might be able to agree with the cheating on the spin move comment, I would casually point out traveling is hardly isolated in the NBA and certainly not limited to Wade ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2006, 11:16 PM »
While I might be able to agree with the cheating on the spin move comment, I would casually point out traveling is hardly isolated in the NBA and certainly not limited to Wade ;)

Right you are Bug.

The annoying thing is the bastard is so squeaky clean that in this thug life league, he looks even better.   When there's something, anything, that he does that's not 100% kosher, it's got to be mentioned.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2006, 11:56 PM »
I'm pretty sure almost the entire league, and Phil Jackson, were more than a tad tired of Wade's cheating and traveling on his "spin move" anyhow.  Just once I want to see a whistle blown on that one  ;)

Funny thing is I remember that being called at the World Championships. 

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2006, 08:26 AM »
Ahh ... so now the truth comes out.  It was the spin move that was bothering you, Matt.  First of all, he doesn't travel ALL of the time on that move, but I will admit that it looks a bit suspect from time to time.  He's so damn quick when he does it that it's hard to tell what his feet are doing sometimes.  But ... as bad as the refs are, they know the rules.  If they see it as traveling, they'll call it.  If that's the worst thing that bitter coaches (I'm talking to you, Phil) can come up with when Wade makes their players and teams look stupid, then I can live with that.  And as Morgbug mentioned, there is a TON of traveling in the league, so it's not isolated to Wade.  Jordan used to walk all over the place ... and just about every player with a good cross-over carries the ball.
Anyway ... I just hope he's alright.  I love how the team rallied without him last night.  They nearly beat a quality team on the road without either of their superstars.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2006, 09:59 AM »
Ahh ... so now the truth comes out.  It was the spin move that was bothering you, Matt.  First of all, he doesn't travel ALL of the time on that move, but I will admit that it looks a bit suspect from time to time.  He's so damn quick when he does it that it's hard to tell what his feet are doing sometimes.  But ... as bad as the refs are, they know the rules.  If they see it as traveling, they'll call it.  If that's the worst thing that bitter coaches (I'm talking to you, Phil) can come up with when Wade makes their players and teams look stupid, then I can live with that.  And as Morgbug mentioned, there is a TON of traveling in the league, so it's not isolated to Wade.  Jordan used to walk all over the place ... and just about every player with a good cross-over carries the ball.
Anyway ... I just hope he's alright.  I love how the team rallied without him last night.  They nearly beat a quality team on the road without either of their superstars.

Ha ha!  :)

I knew you'd swallow the hook and the line Neal, but I really thought you'd at least spit the sinker out.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2006, 10:46 AM »
Nah ... I'm all about the sinker.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2006, 10:55 PM »
I've been without Ray Allen for the better part of 2 or 3 weeks.  Other than that my team's been okay (in injuries that is, they pretty much suck everywhere else).  Thank God for Fantasy Hockey...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 10:55 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2006, 11:20 PM »
Thank God for Fantasy Hockey...

Your one and only safe haven  ;)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2006, 11:32 PM »
For now.

But I won last year's Basketball, and I finished 3rd in Baseball just a short while ago.

And next year, I'll be back in Football - mark it down.

All I need to do is get lucky enough to have the #1 pick and use it on LT.   :-\

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2006, 09:07 AM »

But I won last year's Basketball

I wasn't in it, so for the purposes of this conversation that win is null and void  ;)

All I need to do is get lucky enough to have the #1 pick and use it on LT.   :-\

Or the 4th pick like me  ;)

But let the record show that even if you took LaDainian Tomlinson off my roster in Week 1, and didn't even replace him with another player to at least make up some of of the points, I still would have scored the most points in the league.

Most teams that LT carried to the championship game cannot say that.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2006, 10:21 AM »
Yep- but you saw my math.  With LT instead of LJ I'd have been second in scoring, with 8 or 9 wins, and right in the thick of the playoffs.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2006, 10:29 AM »
Yep- but you saw my math.  With LT instead of LJ I'd have been second in scoring, with 8 or 9 wins, and right in the thick of the playoffs.

What's the term...."fuzzy math"  ;)  We won't start that here though.

I wonder if you swapped LJ for LT on my squad if I'd still be in the same spot.

If you get bored...