Author Topic: 30AC #01 Darth Vader with Coin Album  (Read 26233 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Vader with (Coin) Album
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 03:25 PM »
I feel for the completists.  You know every show (comic-con, toy fair, etc.) is going to have an "exclusive" coin that is only available at the show.

And the sell price will be $14.99.

;D

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 03:49 PM »
I do not know why Hasbro does not call thing my their proper names.  It is not a coin album but rather a screw you kit. :P
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 09:41 AM »
It just occured to me that since Vader is not included in wave 1, then it's all but certain that this will be a cased out figure. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 12:01 PM »
I'd rather the pack-in be something that corresponds to the figure itself...like an accessory or something useful. A coin is just one more thing that I'll never give a **** about.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 09:29 PM »
I'd rather the pack-in be something that corresponds to the figure itself...like an accessory or something useful. A coin is just one more thing that I'll never give a **** about.

Well, I'll take the coins off your hands if you don't want them.  ;)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 10:30 PM »
I agree with Lando.  Hasbro can shove the coins up their butts.

I actually want to take all the coins and mail them to Hasbro with a nice note, something like this:

"Dear Hasbro, As I am aware of your need to keep costs down and your policy of the 3 Rs (rehash, repaint, repack), here are some coins to further your business or to shove up your ass".
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 03:02 PM »

I actually want to take all the coins and mail them to Hasbro with a nice note, something like this:

"Dear Hasbro, As I am aware of your need to keep costs down and your policy of the 3 Rs (rehash, repaint, repack), here are some coins to further your business or to shove up your ass".

Gatillo, brilliant as always my friend!  ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline foolintherain76

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 #01 Darth Vader with Coin Album
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2006, 09:52 PM »
Just curious if anyone knows if this vader is truly packaged like wave 1.  What I mean by that is does it have the peg holder and if unpackaged from the "album" could it just appear as another figure.  The reason I'm asking is that I hang all the figures on the wall with a push pin where the peg hangs.  If this figure cannot be hung that way, I have no reason to get it.  From the pictures it looks like the packaging is a little different (although in the same style), just not exactly the same.  Anyone have it yet to verify?  thanks in advance

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2006, 11:14 PM »
Actually if anyone would like to give me their coins I'll take them....free of charge of course :)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 04:06 AM »
Just curious if anyone knows if this vader is truly packaged like wave 1.  What I mean by that is does it have the peg holder and if unpackaged from the "album" could it just appear as another figure.  The reason I'm asking is that I hang all the figures on the wall with a push pin where the peg hangs.  If this figure cannot be hung that way, I have no reason to get it.  From the pictures it looks like the packaging is a little different (although in the same style), just not exactly the same.  Anyone have it yet to verify?  thanks in advance

Unfortunately, this isn't to be released until January, so you're a little ahead of the game.  EE's description is fairly vague, but the pic makes it appear that the Vader card is removeable from the album.  It's just a guess though.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006, 09:43 PM »

I am wetting myself at the computer...lol super funny!!!  ;D  ;) Maybe you should pack some fleet troopers, saber attack ROTS Anakins and 500th vaders with 'em!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2006, 10:40 AM »
heh! you think the 500th Vader's bad! Heh! Heh Heh! this vader is the dam ROTS VADER, according to the qna. oh, i am so mad. we needed this and those dam bp pics all in ONE day, didnt we? i'm seriously considering quitting at this point, i really am. Dam!  >:(  :'(

:-\ ...

heck, i'll probbly change my mind after my tsc dsg comes from ebay in a week or so.  :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2007, 09:58 PM »
A little birdie tells me these may be at Target before the end of the month... don't forget to check those DPCIs (087-06-0886).

Until they get here, here are a few high-res images to tide you over.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007, 12:23 AM »
Apparantly K-Mart's putting the tags out for the Vader w/coin folder too...  Hmmm.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 02:29 AM »

Unfortunately, this isn't to be released until January, so you're a little ahead of the game.  EE's description is fairly vague, but the pic makes it appear that the Vader card is removeable from the album.  It's just a guess though.

The Vader card is removable from the the album.  I've had mine for a week or so now.