Author Topic: 30AC #01 Darth Vader with Coin Album  (Read 26304 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC #01 Darth Vader with Coin Album
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2007, 04:15 AM »
Funny, but somehow I didn't even see your reply there, D., and was just re-editing my prior post to point exactly that out.  I do need an opener for nothing more than the damned coin.  Phhtth.   ::)

So don't sweat doing that comparison after all, but thanks for the offer (and reply).

I sure wish I'd gotten the thing on clearance for two bucks. ******' ****** repacks. I should keep the album and return the figure for my $10 since it has the UPC on it. LOL

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2007, 09:35 AM »
I just picked one of these up for $2.48, just for the coin. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2007, 02:48 PM »
I just picked one of these up for $2.48, just for the coin. :P

I hate you people.  Well, not really.  I'm just ridiculously envious.  These are sitting up here and will continue to sit.  Why?  After taxes, these are running $17 and change :-\  For under $3, I'd be all over it. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2007, 04:38 PM »
I might have an extra cheapy set for you Brent as I'm still debating on if I want to open a full set of carded figs just for the coins to fill the second album.  I'll pass it off to Jeff at our next meeting if I decide to get rid of it.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2007, 02:42 AM »
The only figure I collect packaging variants is for Darth Vader, and I got a rather neat one - the Japanese stickered version.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2007, 06:06 PM »
I dont think Hasbro counted out the coins for the album very well. By my count if you got all 60 coins, the 7 Saga coins, the 3 convention coins, and the 4 Concept coins (Luke, 3PO/R2, Yoda/Obi and Greivous) that leaves 6 empty spots. Are there 6 more coins we don't know about? There are not enough spots for all 12 UGH so that doesnt work. I guess we could put in the 6 mail away coins but that defeats the purpose of having their own case and then what to do with the 7th coin? Anyone have any thoughts or have i lost it and forgot something obvious?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2007, 09:20 AM »
No, you didn't forget about anything. I suppose to fill in the empty space, one could take some of their extra coins and flip them over and have, for example, an Imperial coin, Rebel Coin, Jedi coin etc...
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2007, 10:28 AM »
I guess that will work. I wish Hasbro would have thought it through and given us more spots for the UGH coins.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2007, 08:21 AM »
I dont think Hasbro counted out the coins for the album very well. By my count if you got all 60 coins, the 7 Saga coins, the 3 convention coins, and the 4 Concept coins (Luke, 3PO/R2, Yoda/Obi and Greivous) that leaves 6 empty spots. Are there 6 more coins we don't know about? There are not enough spots for all 12 UGH so that doesnt work. I guess we could put in the 6 mail away coins but that defeats the purpose of having their own case and then what to do with the 7th coin? Anyone have any thoughts or have i lost it and forgot something obvious?

Is there a checklist somewhere that I could reference in regards to the coins?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2007, 09:15 AM »
I wish Hasbro would have thought it through and given us more spots for the UGH coins.

Somehow, I think a vast minority will be adding UGH coins to their folders.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2007, 09:45 AM »
I wish Hasbro would have thought it through and given us more spots for the UGH coins.

Somehow, I think a vast minority will be adding UGH coins to their folders.

Vast.... minority!  Hah!  I love it!    A buddy of mine and I went in together for some cases of Wave IV... this was before they broke down the UGH assortments.   Once revealed, he went in and ordered 1 case of each revision.   I don't care about the UGH's but I'm miffed that there was only ONE McVader included in 5 or 6 cases of Wave IV... I have all the "new" figs from the wave now EXCEPT the one that'll be hardest to find.... so much for case orders.....
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2007, 10:07 AM »
No, you didn't forget about anything. I suppose to fill in the empty space, one could take some of their extra coins and flip them over and have, for example, an Imperial coin, Rebel Coin, Jedi coin etc...

The Jawa coin is great as a filler, it has a Sandcrawler on the back.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2007, 10:21 AM »

Yeah i thought about that one as well. Unless Hasbro has soemthing else planned I will probably go with Rebel, Galactic, Jedi, Mandalorian, Sandcrawler, and see what else is on the back of the coins or use the Indy coin.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2007, 05:49 PM »

Yeah i thought about that one as well. Unless Hasbro has soemthing else planned I will probably go with Rebel, Galactic, Jedi, Mandalorian, Sandcrawler, and see what else is on the back of the coins or use the Indy coin.

What about the coins from the 2nd Legends wave we're about to vote on?     Shouldn't we be getting 5-6 coins for that?  Or is that already accounted for in the album?  (I haven't found one at 2.98 yet so don't have one)

"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2007, 07:27 PM »

What about the coins from the 2nd Legends wave we're about to vote on?     Shouldn't we be getting 5-6 coins for that?  Or is that already accounted for in the album?  (I haven't found one at 2.98 yet so don't have one)

I just assume that they will be a mix of the same 7 coins (6 movies and EU). I would get a silver EU coin if that is included. To be honest it would be nice to get a Clone Wars coin so that would be nice of Hasbro to include somewhere.