Author Topic: The Official Pixar Thread  (Read 18961 times)

Jango Fettish

The Official Pixar Thread
« on: May 31, 2003, 07:34 PM »
I just got back from seeing "Finding Nemo". As expected, it was full of kids and parents. Not much to say otherthan I laughed a good 75% of the time and it delivered in typical amazing Pixar fashion.

I give at an A, not an A+ just because I had to deal with kids, parents, and a really sticker theatre floor.

Anyone else see this yet?
« Last Edit: June 1, 2009, 12:31 AM by Scott »

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: The Official Finding Nemo/Pixar Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2003, 07:46 PM »
I saw this movie as well. I thought it was very good.

I like Gill (the fish with the messed up fin).

Dorry was pretty funny at times as well. I give this movie a "A".

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Becky

• Youngling
  • Peace..
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Finding Nemo/Pixar Thread
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2003, 07:57 PM »
I just got home from seeing this movie.  I took my nieces and little cousins.  They (and myself) all enjoyed the movie.  I thought, the movie was really cute.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
WALL-E (Pixar)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 09:56 AM »
I didn't see a thread for it here, but there's a new full trailer up for Pixar's latest (June 27), Wall-E.  As is usually the case with Pixar, it looks pretty spiffy.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: WALL-E (Pixar)
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 10:57 AM »
A trailer for this ran in front of Jumper and I think it was the first I'd heard of it other than maybe a brief mention somewhere on IMDB or whatnot.  It looks like a fun movie, the trailer was hilarious.  I'm a huge Pixar fan and I'm sure this will continue the tradition.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 01:12 PM »
I'm looking forward to this despite being less than impressed with the last two Pixar offerings.  I more or less couldn't stand Cars and found Ratatouille to be somewhat drab.  Kind of a drag considering everything else by Pixar had been a blast. 

John

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 01:56 PM »
I liked Cars well enough but I forgot about Tatatouille being from Pixar.  I haven't seen it and I have no desire to.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 02:05 PM »
I liked Cars well enough but I forgot about Tatatouille being from Pixar.  I haven't seen it and I have no desire to.

E...

Keep up with that desire.  The rat movie was pretty bad IMO.  Looking forward to WALL-E though
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 02:29 PM »
My son loves Cars.  I think it was very well done from an animation standpoint.  I've only seen Ratatoullie once and thought it was too far over the heads of your average child to make much sense.  But I just watched the trailer for this movie and it looks really cool.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 06:16 PM »
I agree this one looks much better than Ratatouie.  The wife and I have already agreed to go see it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Wall-E
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 01:55 AM »
Anyone check out WALL-E? The other half & her friend are seeing it tomorrow as my friend & I check out the Hulk.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 08:18 AM »
Did anyone go and see this over the weekend?  Thoughts, impressions?  I'm also trying to figure out if it's appropriate for my 3 and 4 year olds to go see it.  They kind of freak out from time to time when characters get left behind or are taken from family members (think Finding Nemo).  We are thinking about going this coming weekend since we don't have anything going on Saturday, but want to hear from others before we tell them that we are going...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 08:39 AM »
I took my Daughter and her friend to see it yesterday.  They are both 7.

My daughter is very "in tune" to the things you are talking about (separation, sickeness. death) and I'm not sure if that is just from being a girl (sorry if that offends).  She got a little sad and wanted to grab my arm when different robots went "inactive" for whatever reason or when the Bad Guy did stuff.  But she really enjoyed it.  I wouldn't worry about taking the kids.  And it was entertaining for me too.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 09:17 AM »
I can't believe people didn't like rattatulie, I was surprised to find it to be one of Pixar's best.

We took both of my girls to see Wall-E, 8 and 4. There seemed to be nothing too objectionable to either and both liked the movie very much for various reasons (as well as both of their parents.) Over all, I felt the movie was another huge Pixar winner. They just continue to make movies that are a cut above any of the family films offered since the Lion King and Little Mermaid.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Wall-E
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 04:36 PM »
Wall E was great. It became my favourite Pixar movie, beating out Toy Story  :o :D
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: