Author Topic: Keep Adult Collector Toys IN Toys ‘R’ Us!! Sign the Petition #TRULovesCollectors  (Read 6766 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Do kids buy into the $20 6" line anyway?  I also would not buy an Xbox for my 4 or 8 year old daughter.  Or an antique lamp.  Or a TV.  Or a lawnmower.  Or anything that wasn't primarily intended for a 4 year old. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Or anything that wasn't primarily intended for a 4 year old.

Yeah, but to the complainers' defense, the box does say for ages 4+

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
The age rating is much more about safety than being age appropriate.  So maybe Hasbro should re-think the age on the package. 

Beyond that?  This is a classic case of lazy parenting.  *SPOILER ALERT * The imagery of Leia in the slave outfit has been around since 1983.  The guy who complained to this station in Philadelphia is probably more concerned that this action figure might lead to him having what he perceives to be an uncomfortable conversation with his kids.  And in the grand scheme of things, this one is pretty easy compared to what real life has in store for most people. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Do kids buy into the $20 6" line anyway?  I also would not buy an Xbox for my 4 or 8 year old daughter.  Or an antique lamp.  Or a TV.  Or a lawnmower.  Or anything that wasn't primarily intended for a 4 year old.

The price isn't an issue.  Look at the Frozen toys, that's where the real money is going right now.  Barbie's in whore costumes are A-OK though cuz it's dress up.  Neither Tiffany nor Allison were ever going to buy the Leia figure for their daughter anyway and neither is Hasbro targeting them with the figure.  Gawd.  People are so effing stoopid. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
This article really needs one of those "Trigger Warnings" all of the feminists demand nowadays.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks