Author Topic: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 77300 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #225 on: February 8, 2007, 11:10 AM »
If recent years are any indication, anything released in the first waves will find their way back in to later waves. I was going to preorder one when I saw the galactic marine, but figured they have all year (at least) to be shipping these things.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 14, 2007, 02:35 AM »
I received the Windu figure in the mail on Saturday... it was loose, which is fine with me.  I really think this is one of the better figures that I've ever seen Hasbro make.

Here's a loose pic of it without the robe in case anyone hasn't seen much of one yet -

I really think people are going to like this figure a lot, it's very articulated, well made and the paint job is good too.  All around an awesome figure, and about time they did Mace justice in my opinion.

:P

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 14, 2007, 11:26 AM »
CHEWIE - don't you feel like the likeness is still off?  For example, I had hoped we were getting this one:

Now that's Samuel L.  I don't know what the **** went on from the time this prototype was made to the one you're showing here, but Hasbro ****** it all up again.  As usual when it comes to most human's likenesses.  In the case of Mace, they've never gotten it right.  Most cases of Luke except the Jedi ROTJ figures.  Han they get right a lot.  Leia almost never.

Also, he's still too short right?  Maybe you can snap a pic of "Mace" as I'll call him next to a VOTC stormie of SA clone 41 or something for scale.

Sigh.  Looks like I'll take those 5 Mace's I was gonna buy off my list.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 14, 2007, 11:58 AM »
I think he's really good Dressel... maybe the face could be a bit better, I don't know.  I didn't even consider the height on him, maybe he is a little short?

I'll see if I can get another pic of him next to a clone or something for scale.  I'm at work and have a busy night planned with the wife, but will try to squeeze in time to get another pic.  If not tonight, then tomorrow for sure.

:P

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 14, 2007, 12:08 PM »
I think he's really good Dressel... maybe the face could be a bit better, I don't know. 

No question.  Look at the photo I posted above.  That's a slam dunk for Samuel L.  The figure you have is, well, not Samuel L.

I didn't even consider the height on him, maybe he is a little short?

I'm pretty sure.  I'll wait to see him next to a stormie or clone.

I have a busy night planned with the wife, but will try to squeeze in time to get another pic.

I can't think of a better way to spend your Valentine's Day evening than to have a photoshoot with your wife and new Mace figure.  Sorry, "Mace" figure.

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 14, 2007, 02:03 PM »
Would anyone who has both the TAC Mace and the ROTS Mace care to take a picture of the two side-to-side, maybe even with the heads swapped? I'm considering swapping the heads but I'd like to know if the skintones are different on the two figures.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 15, 2007, 09:39 AM »
I just ordered a case from NFC (after it's been available for months now.) Although this wave shouldn't be too hard to find at retail, it still's the best price around per figure. $6.66 per figure shipped to your door.

Too bad i was too late for wave 2. :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 15, 2007, 01:58 PM »
Keep checking. 

Sometimes the site gets updated to reflect OOS items as in stock.

BTW, I'm still waiting for a response from Rick in regards to the Legends line...

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 15, 2007, 02:05 PM »
Someone found some of these in the states in Missouri at Wal-Mart.

Rebelscum Forums Post
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 02:12 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2007, 02:13 PM »
That sucks!   >:(  I was hoping for another week or two of "collecting" vacation.  It's nice to see that they (WM) haven't raised their prices though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #235 on: February 15, 2007, 08:25 PM »
Eh...  Yeah I could use more Saga Clones...  TAC stuff shipping is going to severely hamper shipments of TSC I am afraid.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 16, 2007, 09:37 AM »
Eh...  Yeah I could use more Saga Clones...  TAC stuff shipping is going to severely hamper shipments of TSC I am afraid.  :(

You really think? Won't the fact that they have different assortment numbers prevent problems?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #237 on: February 16, 2007, 10:07 AM »
You really think? Won't the fact that they have different assortment numbers prevent problems?

In some ways yes...in other ways no.

While they should be able to still order the Saga figures under the separate number, I'd imagine that the real estate in the SW section will be the issue for most stores.  For example, at my local Target store, there are 12 pegs of basic figures.  Once the 30AC figures get here, I'd image they will get 8 of the pegs while the other figures will get 4.  There are plenty of pegwarmers there to fill those pegs, so no re-orders are needed.

So, if Target/Wal-Mart et al are planning to expand the SW sections to include the 30AC stuff, there should be no issue with plenty of space for everything.  BUT, if the 30AC is coming in to gobble up retail shelf space in the planograms, I can see how that would slow down the flow of older Saga Stuff...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2007, 01:22 AM »
What Jeff said...

The separate assortment numbers SHOULD work out, and if you ask Hasbro they do work out...  But when put into practice they seem to not work quite as well as theorized.  The buyers may favor one over the other for a variety of reasons, the chain may not simultaneously carry both lines, etc...  I think if TSC's remnants were sort of forced on the retailers in some way, it would work out... 

Around me though, the final TSC waves have gotten the shaft at many stores, and I think it's the routine "ramping up for another line" where they want stock to dwindle before they unleash a new line, a new look, and such.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2007, 07:51 AM »
I think Target has shown that there must be a company policy regarding this. They frequently clearance out toys before the other retailers, and I think one of the reasons is they don't want a bunch coming back. Once they are clearanced out, the other retailers will get the "returns" because people found it cheaper at target and took it back to Wally. The last store to stop accepting returns loses, period. It's no coincidence that Toys R Us has changed their policy to "receipt returns only."  I remember going to Toys R Us's in past years, and as soon as Target clearanced something out, a pile of them would be at TRU.